Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
No Starmer is the one who was pro brexit/remain/not sure according to whichever wind seemed favourable.
Those days are gone, the onus is on BJ and crew to make good on the gigantic promises made. I think people who are heavily invested in Brexit will not easily forgive him for forget if they receive half measures.

That's democracy folks. But John Major... What a useless quisling spunkweasel that man was.
He did rather try and curry favour too much or was it favour curry?

Truxx

LE
Those days are gone, the onus is on BJ and crew to make good on the gigantic promises made. I think people who are heavily invested in Brexit will not easily forgive him for forget if they receive half measures.
mind if you let us no what you mean by "heavily invested"?

Thanks.

Paxo has not really come up with anything new. People with reasonable acuity could always see Boris Johnson for what he is; a blustering ex-public school showman, but fundamentally an empty shell.

His fan club here have made the mistake of confusing his championing of Brexit (to which he arrived very late and suspiciously so) with his potential abilities as a Prime Minister. They have made the mistake of conflating their aspirations for independence from the EU with Boris. I know that they will ultimately be very disappointed with him, as I also know they will be very reluctant ever to admit it. Unless, of course, they really are impressed with this vapid clown.

I really cannot imagine anyone of his calibre making any great impression in anything unless he had an Etonian background to fall back on? Sadly, there are still people impressed by such things.

It's still quite early days, but I confidently predict that he will go down as a 'piss and wind' premier. The best that can be said for him is that he's not as dull as John Major. I believe that at least John Major had some idea of what was going on about him.
My, that's quite the emotional little "Boris - Grr" outburst there.

u ok hun?

Who else are they going to vote for? Labour? Don't make me laugh. They've lost Scotland and the Red Wall. Only London, university towns and areas with a high BAME count votes Labour.

BoJo's got another term in him at least.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Who else are they going to vote for? Labour? Don't make me laugh. They've lost Scotland and the Red Wall. Only London, university towns and areas with a high BAME count votes Labour.

Boris wont be beaten by the Labour Party but by the Tories - ably assisted by the BBC and other sections of the media.

Quite possibly, who can tell 4 years out. However a week is a long time in politics.

Except that Starmer isn't the one who made the promises to, and is charged with, 'delivering' an 'oven ready' Brexit.:D:D:D
Starmer is in no position to make promises and four years is a long time. Once he releases a manifesto let’s see if he can promise an oven ready anything other than a form of EUtopia for minority groups.

Starmer, doesn’t actually need to bank on anything for a number of years yet. BJ needs to make Brexit a relative success and materialise all the good that he has promised.

Starmer realistically just needs to be a competent opposition leader and build up over time.

BJ also has to make good on his promise to “level up”, in those previously Labour areas that he took on the back of getting Brexit done. If not, he sadly stands the chance of seeing them swing back.

Basically both leaders have a good few years to wait. Starmer needs to be seen as a competent future option, BJ needs to make a decent effort of his promises.
In other words no alternative.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Paxo has not really come up with anything new. People with reasonable acuity could always see Boris Johnson for what he is; a blustering ex-public school showman, but fundamentally an empty shell.

His fan club here have made the mistake of confusing his championing of Brexit (to which he arrived very late and suspiciously so) with his potential abilities as a Prime Minister. They have made the mistake of conflating their aspirations for independence from the EU with Boris. I know that they will ultimately be very disappointed with him, as I also know they will be very reluctant ever to admit it. Unless, of course, they really are impressed with this vapid clown.

I really cannot imagine anyone of his calibre making any great impression in anything unless he had an Etonian background to fall back on? Sadly, there are still people impressed by such things.

It's still quite early days, but I confidently predict that he will go down as a 'piss and wind' premier. The best that can be said for him is that he's not as dull as John Major. I believe that at least John Major had some idea of what was going on about him.

You are making a fundamental mistake there

You seem to be missing the point that many of us support Boris because one way or another he is delivering Brexit.
Like many people I don't really care how much of a tart he is or whether he's good with algebra
All I want from him is Brexit finished, beyond that I don't really care if he's an airhead or not.

You are making a fundamental mistake there

You seem to be missing the point that many of us support Boris because one way or another he is delivering Brexit.
Like many people I don't really care how much of a tart he is or whether he's good with algebra
All I want from him is Brexit finished, beyond that I don't really care if he's an airhead or not.
Indeed. Blundering buffoon? Who cares. Get us out of the EUSSR and I'm happy.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
:D :D :D

All is now revealed.

John Major FFS.

Best known for his affair with Currie and Black Wednesday.

He really had a grasp of what was going on around him.
The Grey Man - what an epitaph! His loyalty to the EU outshone his loyalty to the Tory Party and the voters who wished to leave.

The Grey Man - what an epitaph! His loyalty to the EU outshone his loyalty to the Tory Party and the voters who wished to leave.
TBF - I was referring to Major's time as PM.

Indeed - The Grey Man was most apt. ( Not in a way that showed Major in a good light )

Loyalty - It is clear that there are far too many people, in positions of power / former power, loyalties lie with the EU and not with the UK.

The Chinese have re-education camps, might be time to start something similar in the UK ;) ;)

Latest Threads