Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Paxo has not really come up with anything new. People with reasonable acuity could always see Boris Johnson for what he is; a blustering ex-public school showman, but fundamentally an empty shell.

His fan club here have made the mistake of confusing his championing of Brexit (to which he arrived very late and suspiciously so) with his potential abilities as a Prime Minister. They have made the mistake of conflating their aspirations for independence from the EU with Boris. I know that they will ultimately be very disappointed with him, as I also know they will be very reluctant ever to admit it. Unless, of course, they really are impressed with this vapid clown.

I really cannot imagine anyone of his calibre making any great impression in anything unless he had an Etonian background to fall back on? Sadly, there are still people impressed by such things.

It's still quite early days, but I confidently predict that he will go down as a 'piss and wind' premier. The best that can be said for him is that he's not as dull as John Major. I believe that at least John Major had some idea of what was going on about him.

Oyibo

LE
Not really. I didn't say Major was any good, I just used him as a comparison to demonstrate what a clueless dud BJ is.
' I believe that at least John Major had some idea of what was going on about him. '

He was unbelievably shite.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Paxo has not really come up with anything new. People with reasonable acuity could always see Boris Johnson for what he is; a blustering ex-public school showman, but fundamentally an empty shell.

His fan club here have made the mistake of confusing his championing of Brexit (to which he arrived very late and suspiciously so) with his potential abilities as a Prime Minister. They have made the mistake of conflating their aspirations for independence from the EU with Boris. I know that they will ultimately be very disappointed with him, as I also know they will be very reluctant ever to admit it. Unless, of course, they really are impressed with this vapid clown.

I really cannot imagine anyone of his calibre making any great impression in anything unless he had an Etonian background to fall back on? Sadly, there are still people impressed by such things.

It's still quite early days, but I confidently predict that he will go down as a 'piss and wind' premier. The best that can be said for him is that he's not as dull as John Major. I believe that at least John Major had some idea of what was going on about him.
I agree.

That's an interesting new take. Believing Boris to be a dud is a 'gammon' viewpoint.
I take it your a SAGA fanboi then?, I guess those beige slacks don't buy themselves

Very well put.

You should phone Carphone Warehouse billionaire David Ross and ask the question...

In a statement on Thursday, a spokesman for the businessman said Ross had “facilitated accommodation” but shed no further light on who had picked up the prime minister’s bill.​
“Mr Ross facilitated accommodation for Mr Johnson on Mustique valued at £15,000. Therefore this is a benefit in kind from Mr Ross to Mr Johnson, and Mr Johnson’s declaration to the House of Commons is correct,” the spokesman said.​

Do you practice making yourself look a complete cock?
No one is that good at it naturally without practice.

Well so what, that‘s in the nature of our political classes. There is an object lesson here that Starmer needs to learn. No is fooled by him anymore than they were by Corbyn. There was a gradual resentment building in the country with a lack of action about Brexit and the more that Starmer tries to categorise and separate the more the resentment will build. We now have a country more divided than ever to the extent that every one is now a victim of some sort. That can’t change until January when the bull can be taken by the horns.. not holding my breath, but if you could come up with some viable alternative to Boris at this stage. If Starmer is pinning his hopes on minority votes with no alternative strategy he’s toast.

Well so what, that‘s in the nature of our political classes. There is an object lesson here that Starmer needs to learn. No is fooled by him anymore than they were by Corbyn. There was a gradual resentment building in the country with a lack of action about Brexit and the more that Starmer tries to categorise and separate the more the resentment will build. We now have a country more divided than ever to the extent that every one is now a victim of some sort. That can’t change until January when the bull can be taken by the horns.. not holding my breath, but if you could come up with some viable alternative to Boris at this stage. If Starmer is pinning his hopes on minority votes with no alternative strategy he’s toast.
Except that Starmer isn't the one who made the promises to, and is charged with, 'delivering' an 'oven ready' Brexit.:D:D:D

' I believe that at least John Major had some idea of what was going on about him. '

He was unbelievably shite.
But both he and Boris elected because the opposition leaders were both shiter.

Oyibo

LE
But both he and Boris elected because the opposition leaders were both shiter.
That's democracy folks. But John Major... What a useless quisling spunkweasel that man was.

Starmer, doesn’t actually need to bank on anything for a number of years yet. BJ needs to make Brexit a relative success and materialise all the good that he has promised.

Starmer realistically just needs to be a competent opposition leader and build up over time.

BJ also has to make good on his promise to “level up”, in those previously Labour areas that he took on the back of getting Brexit done. If not, he sadly stands the chance of seeing them swing back.

Basically both leaders have a good few years to wait. Starmer needs to be seen as a competent future option, BJ needs to make a decent effort of his promises.

Latest Threads