Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I remember when this kicked off, I was watching one of the news channels where he was named......I think. Did not take too much notice.

Anyway, if there is are any betting odds going I will put my money on someone whose surname begins with H.
Hitler?

It is a run out for chasing ffrench fisherfolks.

So you can’t think of anything that they can do to reduce people successfully crossing to The UK that The BA can’t do?

In fact knowing that RN assets are in The Channel, makes it safer and quicker to cross.

So you can’t think of anything that they can do to reduce people successfully crossing to The UK that The BA can’t do?

In fact knowing that RN assets are in The Channel, makes it safer and quicker to cross.
Yeah just let them drown, the bastards.

Can anyone tell me what practical benefits, deploying The RN and RAF into The Channel will have, other than rescuing more people and bringing them safely back to UK?

Do they have powers to return these people to France that The Border Agency don’t have, or is it a “look tough” move that is in all respects pointless?
Finally something we can both agree on.

I most humbly beg your forgiveness for my completely unpolitically correct terminology! What was I thinking?? I have booked myself on the next available Woke Awareness Course which starts next month. Only 2 weeks in a Yurt with lessons every day and as much lentils and vegan food as you can eat, all for the tiny sum of £2750 (no VAT, cash only).

Good, then you'll be able to be counted among the (expanded) statistics of CAS's current push to ensure all RAF personnel are 'in date' for their on-line E&D course. I'm sure, for the sake of statistics, ex-members could also be included.

Truxx

LE
No one has mentioned it yet but I can guarantee that there were significant numbers of the Andrew jumping about over the weekend waving their hands in the air going " me me pick me!"

I suspect very little arm twisting was required.

Not so sure about the crabs....

Oyibo

LE
Because grrrrrr

Obviously a rhetorical question from me, but it is interesting how on all threads Boris/Cummings/Brexit, remainers are utterly incapable of saying what the best solution would be - other than rejecting Boris/Cummings/Brexit.

It's like debating with a 5 year old who wants your sandwich as well as theirs.

Two threads about the issue then. Why post about it in the Boris thread?

Because I didn’t look. I don’t spend my life on here and figure he had a hand in it.

Can you tell me what The RN and RAF will achieve in stemming the flow? I’m fairly sure that people will feel safer to cross now, knowing that they will be picked up and taken to U.K.

Obviously a rhetorical question from me, but it is interesting how on all threads Boris/Cummings/Brexit, remainers are utterly incapable of saying what the best solution would be - other than rejecting Boris/Cummings/Brexit.

It's like debating with a 5 year old who wants your sandwich as well as theirs.

I merely want to know what The RN and RAF are able to do other than picking people up and bringing them here. Unless you can tell me that they can take them back to France.

Brexit has happened and the dream team have been in power for a year and 10 before that to sort this.

Truxx

LE
Because I didn’t look. I don’t spend my life on here and figure he had a hand in it.

Can you tell me what The RN and RAF will achieve in stemming the flow? I’m fairly sure that people will feel safer to cross now, knowing that they will be picked up and taken to U.K.
Strangely that last sentiment is one with which I agree. As someone said it is quite a tricky stretch of water and no one deserves to die in it. If the senior service are embroiled in that well good. We are not a bunch of bloody savages.

Whilst doing so I am sure that much can be learned about the traffickers and their MO. At the same time any instances of the french misbehaving are much easier to spot.

Once ashore in blighty, however, a mechanism for deportation to whence they came needs to be implemented without delay.

Any questions?

The dark or the light blue?

Light; not a lot of fun trawling up and down the Channel in an A400 with a set of binos.

Latest Threads