Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Probably because he is the only effective in government, and without him the Tories would literally have no leadership, direction or visible delivery. DC is probably the only person that both friend and foe give credence to if they want to know what the government is doing - an astonishing situation.

I appreciate that BJ has his supporters, here on Arrse and elsewhere, but to me he is validating my impression that he really is simply p*ss and wind - another liberal "hobby" PM a la Cameron, and similarly without any driving vision (let alone "conservatism") or competencies beyond bluff bonhomie.
In which case, Boris is playing a double blinder by recognising his limitations.

Yes , Lewis losing the whip for this is ridiculous hence my comments. How many examples? Hopefully no more like this.

But what is your proof that this is down to Cummings, other than he’s your favourite boogeyman?
We will never know what hand Cummings had in this, he isn’t required or expected to tell us.

I think Lewis losing the whip is more to do with No 10 sending a very strong message to all Conservative MPs that organising and agitating behind the PMs back and against government policy is not going to be allowed to gain traction and bring down the government which, if it carries on the way it has been doing, it surely will.
The problem with this situation, is that Lewis did the right thing in stopping BJ from dropping in his pliable useful idiot and everyone can see that.

Oh woah there matey, Let me cast you mind back to the US elections when TRUMP was castigated for making those allegations which have proven to be true and now your saying that Russian interference with internal policy matters is less of a problem. As usual the there is no evidence lobby- of course there's no tangible evidence- there's not meant to be. But that last quote was eminently suitable for @ KGB resident
I presume that No 10 have known about the Russia matter for sometime. Funnily they chose to talk about it after The Lewis/Grayling scuffle and the imminent release of the report that was subdued for 9 months.
It is a tactical attempt to get ahead of the news and quite transparent.

Truxx

LE
Vague guidance from government had a big part to play, provision of PPE down to the care home owners/providers and pay levels are minimum wage. Not a good combination.

For the future, any government giving big tax breaks to people to convert a garage/loft into a granny flat to keep their nearest and dearest closer to home would be along the way to getting my vote.

@UncivilServant condolences from myself as well.
I disagree with non of this per se, but Vine recently tried a little care home sh1t stirring which backfired on him big style as he was overwhelmed with care provider testament to the effect of we did what nursing has always done with infections and vulnerable folks (no guidance required) and others who said we had problems because we did not follow the basics. Quite a few more folks described the attitude of the homes staff and management in less than complimentary terms.

I have an ageing and massively vulnerable Aunt in care, so very early on I mugged up on what the home were supposed to be doing. I found the central guidance timely, comprehensive straightforward and easy to understand. I then contacted the care provider and asked them what their approach was. The quoted virtually verbatim what I had just read.

So far they have not managed to send her, nor anyone else. to their maker for reasons Covid related so I am reasonably satisfied.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
We will never know what hand Cummings had in this, he isn’t required or expected to tell us.
...Therefore it has to be Cummings?

Step off the paranoia centrifuge FFS.

I presume that No 10 have known about the Russia matter for sometime. Funnily they chose to talk about it after The Lewis/Grayling scuffle and the imminent release of the report that was subdued for 9 months.
It is a tactical attempt to get ahead of the news and quite transparent.
Well of course they would have known, or by definition they would have been naive not to. They are after all politicians, I mean this Is ongoing since 2015 at least And there is the plausible denyability . Didn’t you see Rifkind this morning? I really can’t see this as an issue. Nothing prevents anyone doing business anywhere, the idea that there may not be political linkages has to be absurd. I suspect Labour won’t come out of this squeaky either

...Therefore it has to be Cummings?

Step off the paranoia centrifuge FFS.
Why do you think it’s Cummings, I just stated that it’s impossible to know?

I couldn’t give a flying **** who it was, it was a stupid, spiteful and ultimately pointless action that looks exactly like that.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Why do you think it’s Cummings, I just stated that it’s impossible to know?

I couldn’t give a flying **** who it was, it was a stupid, spiteful and ultimately pointless action that looks exactly like that.
My apologies, I was confusing your posts with those of Graculus. Not exactly difficult to do, in my defence.

My apologies, I was confusing your posts with those of Graculus. Not exactly difficult to do, in my defence.
I’m unaware of your mental acuity, so I couldn’t comment. Read the posts more slowly, it might help.

I wonder if this will be held back for 9 months?

ETA, apologies, behind a paywall. Please google.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

I wonder if this will be held back for 9 months?
What, a subscription link to the Financial Times? Considering their financial "expertise" over the last few years, quite possibly.

Edit: Sorry can't even see what you were referring to, just the subscription bit

What, a subscription link to the Financial Times? Considering their financial "expertise" over the last few years, quite possibly.
“An investigation into allegations of bullying by Priti Patel contains “robust criticisms” of the home secretary’s behaviour but its findings are being held back by Downing Street over fears they could be embarrassing, Whitehall officials said”.

Yes , Lewis losing the whip for this is ridiculous hence my comments. How many examples? Hopefully no more like this.

But what is your proof that this is down to Cummings, other than he’s your favourite boogeyman?
Hard to get proof when anyone who doesn't give the exact Number 10 line is sacked. You think it right that the Chancellor of the Exchequer should have to resign rather than comply with the, standby for a popular word misused by many on here, diktats of an unelected adviser?

I can't prove that either but I, you and your cat know it to be true. How about this for a pointer? Do you think it all coincidental and unconnected?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Hard to get proof when anyone who doesn't give the exact Number 10 line is sacked. You think it right that the Chancellor of the Exchequer should have to resign rather than comply with the, standby for a popular word misused by many on here, diktats of an unelected adviser?

I can't prove that either but I, you and your cat know it to be true. How about this for a pointer? Do you think it all coincidental and unconnected?
Ah well, if you have a tweet with a photo of Cummings looking shifty then he's bang to rights, hang the swine.

Ah well, if you have a tweet with a photo of Cummings looking shifty then he's bang to rights, hang the swine.
It’s the originator of The Tweet that is relevant. I wonder if he will lose the whip for that dissent?

“An investigation into allegations of bullying by Priti Patel contains “robust criticisms” of the home secretary’s behaviour but its findings are being held back by Downing Street over fears they could be embarrassing, Whitehall officials said”.
Much in the same way as they are desperately trying to smother the findings of the Grooming Gang Report. (Interestingly well inside the purview Ms Patel's own department).

Open and transparent government, eh?

NSP

LE
Yet China, where it is supposed to have come from did not start kicking off until nearly the end of January 2020.
Given the nature of Chinese governance I'd presume that that was when they chose to own up to a problem, rather than it being when they actually started to have a problem myself.

Much in the same way as they are desperately trying to smother the findings of the Grooming Gang Report. (Interestingly well inside the purview Ms Patel's own department).

Open and transparent government, eh?
The Alex Jay report is widely available on the internet, should anyone wish to read it. This relates to one particular area of the UK.

I would suggest that the official report covering grooming gangs from across the wider UK would most likely have knuckle draggers across the UK up in arms, perhaps arming themselves with weapons and dishing out street justice to people who may well be totally innocent, if it were to be released into the public domain.

Given that grooming gangs have a very strong connection to Labour run Councils, you might think that a Tory Government would be only to happy to release it and put the political boot into Labour, eh ?

Latest Threads