Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I think you’ll find Boris and his cronies are no friends of the Forces, Cameron set some of the rot in however its been carried on.
May was useless like Major, Blair was a tosser of the highest order not unlike Brown and Boris talks the talk but yet to walk... you get my drift.
Full of promises and surrounded by yes men. Police stations and Fire stations closed under his watch when he was mayor.
And yet you're a Conservative supporter you say? :rolleyes:

There you go...

Raab trying to take the sting out of The Russia Report by leaking parts of it early.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Isn't this report heavily redacted?

Doesn't explain the robust discipline meted out by the chief whip last night if it's anything other than embarrassing though
For me the most logical explanations for the removal of the party whip from Lewis are either:

1) Looking at the Tory Party's horrendous record of discipline over the last Parliament they wanted to stamp out any further silliness.

Or:

2) There's something bad in the Report that they want buried.

I would put my money on (1), but my betting record is tonk.

Regardless, this is a bad move by the Government IMHO, which is unlikely to have the effect desired in the case of (1), and even less likely to be useful if (2) is right.

Raab trying to take the sting out of The Russia Report by leaking parts of it early.
Not at all, he was talking about the last GE.

The committee's report has looked into Russian activity from traditional espionage to subversion - with a particular focus on possible interference in the 2016 EU referendum and 2017 general election. In addition to cyber-espionage and social media campaigns, the report also examines Russian influence through money.

Don't let that get in the way of your Boris Grrrrrrr

D

Deleted 72187

For me the most logical explanations for the removal of the party whip from Lewis are either:

1) Looking at the Tory Party's horrendous record of discipline over the last Parliament they wanted to stamp out any further silliness.

Or:

Regardless, this is a bad move by the Government IMHO, which is unlikely to have the effect desired in the case of (1), and even less likely to be useful if (2) is right.
Another effect being that it may result in more discontent on the backbench.

Johnson won't last until 2024 if he continues to be this cack handed with his MPs

D

Deleted 72187

Or:

3) Alternatively no10 is outraged that it's preferred candidate wasn't parachuted into the chair of an independent oversight committee in what amounts to an unlawful failure to subvert a democratic process.

The more one chews that one over, the more it looks like authoritarianism and fills one with disquiet

3) Alternatively no10 is outraged that it's preferred candidate wasn't parachuted into the chair of an independent oversight committee in what amounts to an unlawful failure to subvert a democratic process.

The more one chews that one over, the more it looks like authoritarianism and fills one with disquiet
Do you think Brexit will die this winter?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There's been much gnashing of teeth on one of York Facebook pages today at the suggestion that Parliament may relocate to York while the HofP are refurbished, York central being very much a Labour stronghold. I don't think the banks of the Ouse could cope with the lefty tears if that many Tories come to the city....

There's been much gnashing of teeth on one of York Facebook pages today at the suggestion that Parliament may relocate to York while the HofP are refurbished, York central being very much a Labour stronghold. I don't think the banks of the Ouse could cope with the lefty tears if that many Tories come to the city....
I ‘d be very surprised if York could actually support the infrastructure for Parliament, the Ouse normally floods at the drop of a hat

Latest Threads