Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Wow. A new low.

Lewis is a Russia Hawk, by removing the whip they've made the Is truly independent and decidedly aligned against them.

Talk about stupid.

News just in that Lewis has been expelled from the Conservative Party for getting himself elected as Chair with help from the Opposition members

S'funny, but surely Lewis has just displayed the sort of acumen needed in such a role?

Withdrawing the whip must mean they still feel pretty safe about the Russia Report?

Oyibo

LE
S'funny, but surely Lewis has just displayed the sort of acumen needed in such a role?

Withdrawing the whip must mean they still feel pretty safe about the Russia Report?

Only if you think that working with the opposition for personal gain is a desirable attribute in the intelligence community

Last edited:
A victory for an independent committee not unduly controlled by No 10. A good day undoubtedly.

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
It seems that this has turned rather unpleasant, I made some comments about my criticism of the UK government in some aspects of the lockdown.In my personal opinion and perhaps with hindsight.
I certainly have no comment to make to the poster who said his sister died in a care home, other than my sincere condolences and I would never criticise the staff who work in them, my own mother worked in one in the 90s. I remember some times going into her workplace and seeing what the staff have to do.
We all have different opinions on politics and the lockdown, and maybe in the years to some we will all learn something valuable from it.
Most people have concerns over their own jobs and livelihood, including myself, if anything this virus has shown is that it’s hard to protect life and the economy. You can’t please all the people all the time.I wouldn’t want to be BJ now but I hope we come out of this in the not too distant future. I guess the only real hope is a vaccine.
Please don't think I'm having a go in any way. My point was about Morgan and his petty attempts at point scoring. 17 people died in the home my sister was in. I don't lay the blame at anyone's door. Maybe some things could have been done differently, but nobody really knew what was happening with the virus or how to respond to the changing situation. Seeing what the staff did for their patients, I sure as hell don't blame them. Most of the people there were in a bad way, both physically and mentally and close to the end. In the case of my sis, it was a relief that her torment was over.

Only if you think that working with the opposition for personal gain is a desirable attribute in the intelligence community

By his Wiki bio, it would appear more principle than personal gain. Given his Euro-scepticism, membership of the ERG, previous work on the Defence Select Committee, anti-CND stance and previous membership of the RNR, I would have expected his appointment to be much in favour of many Arrests.

'A Eurosceptic, Lewis is a supporter of the groups Leave Means Leave and the European Research Group (ERG).[4] Lewis served as Chair of the Defence Select Committee from 2015 to 2019. He actively pursues the retention and renewal of the British strategic nuclear deterrent, the UK Trident programme – confirmed in 2016 – and campaigns for Defence expenditure to be restored to 3% of GDP.'

Last edited:

Oyibo

LE
To a degree I value that over the naked positioning of a pliant stooge with one job: Gag The Russia Report.

Yes, that’s how bad things have got.

Going back to your original point about the guile needed to work in intelligence, it could be argued that the Government played an absolute blinder by exposing Julian Lewis.

A man who conspired with the opposition has been outed, and lost the whip. He will eventually become as relevant as Bercow

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I do agree that his wiki bio paints a man of principle, but in the case of the committee selection I believe he strayed.

Do you expect him to resign his chairmanship of the ISC?

Going back to your original point about the guile needed to work in intelligence, it could be argued that the Government played an absolute blinder by exposing Julian Lewis.

A man who conspired with the opposition has been outed, and lost the whip. He will eventually become as relevant as Bercow

As opposed to the man who just may be about to expose BoJo.

There is of course some truth to this. What surprises me (and of course I freely accept I’m in the minority) is just how forgiving people seem to want to be in his case.
Well why change the habit of a life time? I mean we were expected to be forgiving of all the others, and, these were all of the heroic mould, Great doers and achievers and in another sense what alternative is there. most of our achievements have been on a colossal scale. Little shipbuilding, aerospace, car manufacturing, steel rationalised out of existence and we, the creator of the computer have to import electronic infrastructure from China.

Latest Threads