Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I disagree with your point. I think it would be more accurate if you said you were disappointed that people on a military themed site did not agree with you and hang on your every word.
I apologise for being such a grating presence...

...to one of arrse’ s most grating presences. You’re worse than Seaweed ever was.

Thank fcuk you aren’t a mod.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer

...to one of arrse’ s most grating presences. You’re worse than Seaweed ever was.

Personally I liked Seaweed, I don't mind Auld-Yin. I also think stacker1 is a decent poster because although he will argue a glass eye to sleep, he a least brings a coherent and fact based argument- far better than most of the shit-wits he windmills into.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Personally I liked Seaweed, I don't mind Auld-Yin. I also think stacker1 is a decent poster because although he will argue a glass eye to sleep, he a least brings a coherent and fact based argument- far better than most of the shit-wits he windmills into.
Well if one is feeling a tad bored and wants an argument but not a domestic, you can always rely on Stacker1 to help pass the time of day, evening or night.

IMHO Stacker is one of nature’s contrarians to the point where he’s dependably contrarian. The problem is, that gets rather dull, unless there’s wit attached.

In addition, given the prolific post count in UK working hours, I’d suggest that Stacker isn’t actually doing his job. Historically, this sort of thing is hard to detect in the RLC.

IMHO Stacker is one of nature’s contrarians to the point where he’s dependably contrarian. The problem is, that gets rather dull, unless there’s wit attached.

In addition, given the prolific post count in UK working hours, I’d suggest that Stacker isn’t actually doing his job. Historically, this sort of thing is hard to detect in the RLC.
Ever the bilious ex-Major, chap.

Incisive and pertinent as always.

. . . I'll leave it to @stacker1 to tell you how long he has been retired from Regular service :rolleyes:

That will be down to the fact he has left the Army. Commenting without knowledge is historically the preserve of pompous clowns.

Who rattled your cage?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Ooh.

Flouncing talk, there. Scratch her eyes out!

Other than you've committed the same sin for which you 'accuse' us viz viewing the PM through the narrow spectrum of our associated backgrounds, you're spot on :rolleyes:
There is of course some truth to this. What surprises me (and of course I freely accept I’m in the minority) is just how forgiving people seem to want to be in his case.

"Fury" was lifted from the title line of the link you posted.

Relax, you're the fake news link post winner. There may be an opening in the Observer now that they seem to have dropped Carole Cadwaladr very quietly.

Post some tweets to support your wonderful story.
Oops; that wasn't meant to happen.

'Conservative MP Julian Lewis has been appointed chair of the Intelligence and Security Committee, and not Chris Grayling as had been expected.

'Concerns had been raised that the body's impartiality could be undermined, with members of the committee backing Mr Lewis instead. The committee scrutinises the work of the intelligence and security services. It is due to publish a long-awaited report on alleged Russian interference in UK politics. Publication has been held up by the 2019 election and then a delay in setting up the committee. It has been the longest hiatus since the committee was established in the early 90s.

'After Boris Johnson nominated five Conservative MPs for the committee last week - giving them a majority - it had been thought Chris Grayling was a shoo-in for the chairman position. But it seems there was a coup. Opposition members of the committee were worried Mr Grayling would be too close to No 10, and decided to back Julian Lewis. It appears he then backed himself, thus securing a majority. It's an embarrassment for No 10 who are widely thought to have favoured the former transport secretary. A spokesman said the decision was for the committee alone.

'But it also suggests the members are determined to stay impartial - and paves the way for the publication of the long-delayed report into alleged Russian interference in British democracy, which was completed last October but has been repeatedly delayed.'

Latest Threads