Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
What point of common sense don’t you understand? April was the worst time in the crisis so sending old and ill people back to care homes wouldn’t be a great idea would it? Isn’t that reasonable?
You get a funny for having an insight into the scientific and medical advice the cabinet had since this epidemic started.
Did you post these thoughts at the beginning of lockdown or are you trying to pass hindsight off as your own in depth knowledge ?

Tested with tests that weren't available?
You are jumping the gun ma’am... He will eventually get round to telling us how Boris Grrr should have invented tests last November in readiness for the Chinese Plague before going on to tell us that hindsight is a wonderful thing how closely it mirrors what he has been saying all along.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry, I meant Piers Morgan. Thanks for your comment, to be honest she had dementia and it was a blessing in disguise really.
Once again, my condolences. And if you ever need someone to hold your coat whilst you're interacting with Piers Morgan, please give me a knock.

It seems that this has turned rather unpleasant, I made some comments about my criticism of the UK government in some aspects of the lockdown.In my personal opinion and perhaps with hindsight.
I certainly have no comment to make to the poster who said his sister died in a care home, other than my sincere condolences and I would never criticise the staff who work in them, my own mother worked in one in the 90s. I remember some times going into her workplace and seeing what the staff have to do.
We all have different opinions on politics and the lockdown, and maybe in the years to some we will all learn something valuable from it.
Most people have concerns over their own jobs and livelihood, including myself, if anything this virus has shown is that it’s hard to protect life and the economy. You can’t please all the people all the time.I wouldn’t want to be BJ now but I hope we come out of this in the not too distant future. I guess the only real hope is a vaccine.

It seems that this has turned rather unpleasant, I made some comments about my criticism of the UK government in some aspects of the lockdown.In my personal opinion and perhaps with hindsight.
I certainly have no comment to make to the poster who said his sister died in a care home, other than my sincere condolences and I would never criticise the staff who work in them, my own mother worked in one in the 90s. I remember some times going into her workplace and seeing what the staff have to do.
We all have different opinions on politics and the lockdown, and maybe in the years to some we will all learn something valuable from it.
Most people have concerns over their own jobs and livelihood, including myself, if anything this virus has shown is that it’s hard to protect life and the economy. You can’t please all the people all the time.I wouldn’t want to be BJ now but I hope we come out of this in the not too distant future. I guess the only real hope is a vaccine.
Just accept that under no circumstances can you criticise BJ on here, without upsetting the group think.
Once you realise that, it will make sense.

I don't see mandating masks in shops as being "reactive", I think the Govt is simply doing what it thinks needs doing when it can be done. However, it's being reported through a filter of such toxicity that no action's upside is given more than a cursory mention before the knife is driven home.. The Government is having to operate in an unparalleled atmosphere of corrosive cynicism where everything is being scrutinised through 20/20 hindsight (real or imagined), to a level I haven't seen previously and where any action is second guessed to death.
By reactive, I meant that they are responding haphazardly to various pressure campaigns - some papers have been demanding masks for months - rather than making policy based on clear evidence. Already, the suggestion has been made that offices should be mandatory mask zones and while Hancock has knocked that back this morning, don't expect that line to hold. The logic is impenetrable.

If - for example - they were able to say that mask-wearing reduces probability of transmission from X to Y, where X is a significant number, then fair enough. But that's not what's coming through, instead it's vague platitudes that just invite more questions from Captain Hindsight et al.

Absolutely agree that the filters being applied are toxic and its devil and the deep blue sea territory - not least because a certain section of political opinion sees an opportunity to hamstring a government with an 80 seat majority and is going all out for it.

Things should be seen in the context of an unprecedented event, where there is no perfect answer and best endeavours apply. But Boris and co are not helping themselves with what appear to be reactive gesture policies.

Just accept that under no circumstances can you criticise BJ on here, without upsetting the group think.
↑↑↑and as if by magic, here is our man with all the answers...

... its just a pity they are all answers one might expect from a five year old.

p.s. Boris Grrrr is not actually the answer to everything, not matter how much you may think it is.

Are you @Robme in a white coat?

Tool

LE
There is a substantial gap between not criticising BJ, and having a full-on go at him for a lot of things he doesn't really have full control over. frinstance, the care homes were responsible for their own PPE. Shipping people off to their preferred homes was seen as a way of clearing the hospitals for people who would need the medical care, when the old fogies had a place with health care already in place. We didn't have the testing capability, so it appears that it was assumed (yes, I know) that the care homes were in a better position to handle the fogies. It turns out that the care homes HADN'T done as much prep as was assumed (again, yes I know).

My major beef with the Government is that we should have closed the borders about 2 weeks earlier than we did. In all other aspects, I do not think there was much more that could have been done to mitigate the sitution we are now in.

Tool

LE
Yes, you can. I have even criticised him myself.

Come back when you understand the difference between valid criticism and bumping your gums ...................

............ because its Johnston innit............
Apart from it being Johnson, you mean (and it should be Johnson GRrrrr anyway).

I can’t, but have you seen the contradictions that been been made since March? Did you go to work, or did you stay home? Did you wear it mask or not bother?
I've worked at home throughout and not worn a face mask but exercised social distancing when I've gone out. All the advice so far seems perfectly clear, notwithstanding that it has been updated as circumstances have changed or knowledge has matured.

The UK 'flattened the curved' in April without going down the road of everyone having to wear face masks; it would appear that the latest direction is part of the contingency planning / messaging / direction, about what may be inbound from Sep and throughout the winter months.

Edited for spelling.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My major beef with the Government is that we should have closed the borders about 2 weeks earlier than we did. In all other aspects, I do not think there was much more that could have been done to mitigate the sitution we are now in.
I agree 100% with this I said the same thing at the time.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh stop it. Criticise anyone including the PM, just be prepared to back it up when challenged. That's where you go wrong, you think that we should just take your word for it that Boris is a bad 'un.

@Roger Out made an unsupported claim about Boris for which he has been challenged, resulting in a bit of bluff and flannel followed by a reverse ferret whilst popping smoke.

Latest Threads