Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I had some high hopes for Boris J when he won the GE. But this has shown he has
been a clusterfeck so far, with his messages throughout this crisis.
Are you one of the snowflakes who need to have their hand held by government at all times or are you just confused because you don't know what action to take to show your defiance of Boris?

Yes, but "Boris, Grrr".
Well it's a bit like the end of the cold war. Thatcher did say that Gorbachev was someone she could do business with- cue Putin and all bets are off. Similarly when the Chinese opened up a bit there was no hint that that Chinese would renege on the Hong Kong agreement.

But shouldn't an object lesson be learned here? If they were your enemy, there's no reason why they won't be your enemy again.

The second lesson is if they were your friend, they may turn into your enemy

Third rule- You have no friends. This is the second time we've played welcome host and the second time we've been bitten

And of course Jeremy would have been the saviour.
Not at all.
But look at his messages and lack of clarity;
Go to work , don’t go to work. Stay home but go to work if you can. But don’t use public transport, but use public transport if you have to. Stay home and don’t go out, go out if you have to.
Go to work but stay home. Work from home if you can but go to work if you can.
No need to wear a face mask but wear a face mask.
Go to work but don’t go to work.

Not at all.
But look at his messages and lack of clarity;
Go to work , don’t go to work. Stay home but go to work if you can. But don’t use public transport, but use public transport if you have to. Stay home and don’t go out, go out if you have to.
Go to work but stay home. Work from home if you can but go to work if you can.
No need to wear a face mask but wear a face mask.
Go to work but don’t go to work.
It is very true that common sense is not so common.

Are you one of the snowflakes who need to have their hand held by government at all times or are you just confused because you don't know what action to take to show your defiance of Boris?
Not sure I’m a snowflake. My criticism was his messaging to people, and the u turn that have been taken. Then there is this science we are supposed to listen to, who exactly is the ‘science’ that can take responsibility for their advice??

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not sure I’m a snowflake. My criticism was his messaging to people, and the u turn that have been taken. Then there is this science we are supposed to listen to, who exactly is the ‘science’ that can take responsibility for their advice??
Boris and his Ministers have made it very clear, responsibility lies with BJ and co, not the scientists.

This is a new situation and new things are being learned all the time thus advice changes. Overall the message has been consistent, this is a killer virus, take care. Other advice has changed as knowledge improves and the situation allows. Many people have just ignored government advice anyway, especially on beaches and in pubs, as reported fully on the news.

Boris and his Ministers have made it very clear, responsibility lies with BJ and co, not the scientists.

This is a new situation and new things are being learned all the time thus advice changes. Overall the message has been consistent, this is a killer virus, take care. Other advice has changed as knowledge improves and the situation allows. Many people have just ignored government advice anyway, especially on beaches and in pubs, as over reported fully endlessly on the news.
FOC

I can’t, but have you seen the contradictions that been been made since March? Did you go to work, or did you stay home? Did you wear it mask or not bother?
I went to work. Apart from the days when I worked from home. I wore a face mask when my RA said I should. It's not difficult.

I went to work. Apart from the days when I worked from home. I wore a face mask when my RA said I should. It's not difficult.
Clearly it is far too difficult for some. I suppose the same ones who need to be instructed to pull their trousers and pants down before having a shit.

I can’t, but have you seen the contradictions that been been made since March? Did you go to work, or did you stay home? Did you wear it mask or not bother?
Yes there have been plenty of changes in advice, that said we are living through exceptional circumstances. I would prefer a government that can adapt to emerging information than simply put their political agenda first.

Here’s my personal opinion. We went into a lockdown in late March. When I say lockdown, it wasn’t really was it? It was rather half hearted to me..Joe Bloggs could still wonder about freely, just that shops were closed expect essential shops.
Schools were closed except for key workers kids or vulnerable children. The key workers lost was quite extensive, this wasn’t just NHS workers ,if parents worked in a convenient shop, they were classed as key workers. So surely these kids in school were a higher risk of getting Coronavirus from their parents? But vulnerable children could also go to school? How do you define vulnerable children? Are they not vulnerable when they are not at school? Surely sending vulnerable kids to school would be more of a health risk to them, if their disease was so life threatening?
Little old Doris who is 90, was still able to jump on a bus and ride around all day because she wanted something to do.
People openly flouted the rules and very few people actually fined.
Why not have made face covering from the start instead of four months down the line?
Why not have enforced the lockdown much stricter if it was so serious?

I have been at work all the way through. I have worn a face covering once, yesterday in fact, when i had to wear it as it is mandatory to wear it in a shop.

I’m quite willing and able to comply with the rules. It’s the others I’m worried about! Lots of people Joe public have never had to obey simple orders before!

Hmm.

You're obviously unaware of the Intelligence Cycle.

There are variations between the Military, CivPol and other agencies but essentially they are the same:

Note that ' . . . assessment is continuous . . .'

The WHO follow the same line: up to 5 June, their advice on masks and mask protocol related (mostly) to first line medical staff:

This whole affair of Covid19 is not linear: many aspects - social, medical, national and international attitudes - ensure that the whole is not really whole. It is constantly changing and evolving which ensures that responses and advice will change also.

Stuff changes. There is no DS solution to this. And none of us - no matter what we may think - have knowledge of all the moving parts.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hmm.

You're obviously unaware of the Intelligence Cycle.

There are variations between the Military, CivPol and other agencies but essentially they are the same:

Note that ' . . . assessment is continuous . . .'

The WHO follow the same line: up to 5 June, their advice on masks and mask protocol related (mostly) to first line medical staff:

This whole affair of Covid19 is not linear: many aspects - social, medical, national and international attitudes - ensure that the whole is not really whole. It is constantly changing and evolving which ensures that responses and advice will change also.

Stuff changes. There is no DS solution to this. And none of us - no matter what we may think - have knowledge of all the moving parts.
Ah, but. You miss the real point of the various complainers.

It is all BJ's fault and if he had not been elected to lead the largest Party in parliament and thus become the Prime Minister then we would never have had any Covid-19 infection in this country.

Simples!!!

Latest Threads