Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I know that abolishing the BBC makes the unintelligensia of Arrse feel all important and squishy inside, but are you seriously suggesting it's remotely legitimate for a beleagured government to score a quick win by dis-establishing the national broadcaster?
What do you suggest then? Or do you think the BBC are perfect? Your pearls of wisdom are long awaited.

I know that abolishing the BBC makes the unintelligensia of Arrse feel all important and squishy inside, but are you seriously suggesting it's remotely legitimate for a beleagured government to score a quick win by dis-establishing the national broadcaster?
What 'national broadcasting' does it provide that commercial channels don't?

daz

LE
With an 80 seat majority, it's hardly beleaguered, no matter what it's opponents try to claim..... as for defunding the BBC, that's been called for, for several years...... let's face it, there's no longer any valid reason to continue with such an outdated payment model seeing as every other pay to view service manages to collect their dues without the threat of court action towards their subscribers.

Last edited:
I'm a true blue conservative but I think the bumbling oaf needs to go ( Churchill he isn't) lets face it he was a protest vote result.

Needs more "Grr".

Oh, and you have a pitifully short memory. His predecessor bumbled along, kicking important issues down the road or into the long grass rather than address them for four years before being unceremoniously removed.

Now you're blarting after a few short months of Boris.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Wear a mask if you want to and it makes you feel better. In my convo with my son in law at the weekend (cabinet office) the real struggle is to come up with guidance that makes as much sense in semi- deserted Cumbria as it does in Tottenham.

From a personal anecdotal perspective I followed a couple through Morrisons last week. They were both wearing masks. And gloves as it happens. At each stage of their shopping list she would reach onto the shelf pull off an item, pull down her mask and address hubby before adjusting her mask, and, more often than not, replacing the item on the shelf.

You do not have to be the chief scientific officer to surmise that particular approach as about as much use as mud flaps on a tortoise.

Out in the car park they removed gloves and masks and popped them into their pockets.

Actually that sort of behaviour (and very common it is too) is worse than useless. It is actively dangerous, especially as I'd bet they put the.masks and gloves on pockets to reuse.

Also consider this... Every item they picked up and touched is now contaminated. Times that by every shit-wit doing the same thing... Are these Mormons carrying out a proper decontamination drill of every item on their doormat before it enters their home? I doubt it...

Truxx

LE
Actually that sort of behaviour (and very common it is too) is worse than useless. It is actively dangerous, especially as I'd bet they put the.masks and gloves on pockets to reuse.

Also consider this... Every item they picked up and touched is now contaminated. Times that by every shit-wit doing the same thing... Are these Mormons carrying out a proper decontamination drill of every item on their doormat before it enters their home? I doubt it...
You make my point succinctly and accurately.

Until and unless mask wearing is matched by a campaign telling people what to do with the bloody things it will simply make things worse not better.

Again from my conversation with SOL who is now Mr Vaccine the virus is here to stay (along with a bunch of mutations) and whilst a vaccination might be available its effectiveness over time is in considerable doubt as the antibodies created are anything short term.

You shut up! I've been sent home from work for 119 days now. IF this shite is going to roll on for much longer... I alreayd feel like scratching tally marks in the bloody walls.

That was one of the big arguments against mass PPE issue. Most people can barely walk down the street effectively, expecting them to fit a mask properly, let alone decontaminate effectively would just mean spray PPE needed elsewhere around the country side to no effect.

That said, current cloth masks are not to protect the wearer, they're to protect everyone else.

Truxx

LE
As I am in anecdotal sort of mood you might also like this one. Mrs Truxx had her hair cut today - visiting hairdresser in full IPE.

This part of the world is dominated by certain "families". The hairdresser had just come from doing the hair of one of the matriarchs of one of the big landowner families. When Michelle (hairdresser) rocked up in full rig, she was met with "why are you wearing all of that stuff? The virus is only in London"

No wonder all current government planning is for a severe second spike in the autumn.

Truxx

LE
You shut up! I've been sent home from work for 119 days now. IF this shite is going to roll on for much longer... I alreayd feel like scratching tally marks in the bloody walls.

That was one of the big arguments against mass PPE issue. Most people can barely walk down the street effectively, expecting them to fit a mask properly, let alone decontaminate effectively would just mean spray PPE needed elsewhere around the country side to no effect.

That said, current cloth masks are not to protect the wearer, they're to protect everyone else.
Best you get used to it. The worst, apparently, is yet to come.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer

And they do it very badly. How long until one of those home made cloth masks is saturated with pathogens? We don't know, too many variables involved. But the cheap shit disposable ones with the torture-elastic that loops round the ears, its about an hour. After than time span they can be considered a pathogen reservoir.

Millions with send them an extra tenner to cover those who opt out and any subsequent shortfall in their budget, I'm assured.

Unfair. They were Plymouth Brethren.......

Protest at what?
Do you mean he lead the only party offering to complete Brexit after having been defeated by his treasonous party members?
Is he the same oaf that led the Tories to an 80 seat lead in the House of Clowns?
If it helps, I joined the Tories so I could vote for Boris so we didn't have any of the other buffoons running the show.
In your own time, tell us all which Tory party leader would have done the same?

ETA: You're no more a true blue Tory than Greive, Gouch, Clarke or Heseltine if you think Boris is a bad choice.
Johnson is prime minister only because the country was terrified of Corbyn.
We will be like koreans shortly all dressed the same with our sheep masks unable to leave our villages. Freedom of speech and movement already gone. what next?