Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
So no achievements allowed, just subjective opinions about his 'personal qualities'?

That's an absolutely barking mad dense as depleted uranium line of argument.
He's a bit of a fanny magnet, so obviously the ladies believe he has some admirable qualities.

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
So did I about 20 years ago and the scariest thing I have ever done. Surrounded by a bunch of Brownies all been Gee'd up by their group leader, whatever they are called in the brownies, Brown Owl or something. She was a good friend but knew to get me to agree would be to ask me in the pub on a Friday night about a month before the date! I should have known and been ready for it but after a few sherbets I was an easy target.

Five years I did it and the sight of those expectant 8-11 year old faces looking up at Santa haunt me every December!
At least your beard didn't dangle in the soup.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yet another one slow of thought.
Indeed we need the kind of incisive mind that gave us things like this " I'm expecting a hung Parliament. Johnson may get a small majority but I don't see that altering things decisively. The Brexit fantasy still has to be turned into reality and I don't see that happening any time soon. "

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Indeed we need the kind of incisive mind that gave us things like this " I'm expecting a hung Parliament. Johnson may get a small majority but I don't see that altering things decisively. The Brexit fantasy still has to be turned into reality and I don't see that happening any time soon. "
Yes. You're most entertaining.

Some chose to hold their noses and vote to get Brexit out of its three and a half year complete stalemate. The 'red wall' areas of the Midlands and the North East certainly did.

I couldn't, but I can quite understand why others did. I think, though, they might well have cause to regret lending him their votes.
Well colour me surprised. You don't like Boris. I must say you've kept that really well hidden.

You Some may say that an intense dislike of Comrades Corbyn and McDonnell caused them to either abstain or vote elsewhere. Or an intense dislike of that ‘next prime minister‘ tart voted differently because they couldn’t countenance giving her /her party their support.

Funny how in your world it is a one way Boris only street but in the real world it appears to be multidirectional and Boris and his party were handed an eighty seat majority.

Despite knowing that Boris would become Prime Minister? This person you despise and entirely mistrust? This person who in your view, has no redeemable qualities and really isn‘t fit to be PM?

You know, if I felt that strongly about the leader of a party and the need to keep him from the levers of power, I’d have abstained or voted otherwise rather than go whining about him on the internet after indirectly voting for him.
Dear me ,you talk some old bollox don't you?

I just asked if anyone could think of a decent personal quality and it appears no-one can.

Not whining, never said I despised him, didn't say he should be kept from the lever of power, didn't say he wasn't fit to be PM and don't feel particularly strongly about it.

Does that cover it?

You can clean the spittle off your keyboard now.

You're welcome. This cake and arrse party still has legs.

Are you still admiring Emperor Boris's new clothes?
Please tell us more! Give us your wisdom!

'Unless the negotiations are extended or Article 50 is revoked. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Even the 2 year transition period is looking a bit iffy.'

'Unless the negotiations are extended or Article 50 is revoked. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Even the 2 year transition period is looking a bit iffy. '

After all, you've been spot-on in the past . . .

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are you still predicting the speaker recalling Parliament off his own bat, or did that dream die last winter?
You will remember what happened, I'm sure.

Yarra

Old-Salt
It was a cock up because they got the facts wrong and the methods used were entirely out of proportion in that case. That is what was so wrong. The injured party was recompensed in acknowledgement of this.

Was the coverage of Jimmy Savile's behaviour not in the public interest (no matter what your definition)?

Unfortunately, Savile had died before the matter was tackled openly. However, there were many individuals and institutions that could have been said to have been complicit by turning a blind eye or by actively sweeping things under the carpet at the time.

Same with the grooming gang saga.... and there are still government institutions trying to keep that one under wraps by suppressing the report.
This post is utterly saturated in the most repugnant hypocrisy. You can't have posted this in anything remotely approaching good faith. Shame.

Dear me ,you talk some old bollox don't you?

I just asked if anyone could think of a decent personal quality and it appears no-one can.

Not whining, never said I despised him, didn't say he should be kept from the lever of power, didn't say he wasn't fit to be PM and don't feel particularly strongly about it.

Does that cover it?

You can clean the spittle off your keyboard now.
That appears to have touched a nerve then.

Sadly, I think he's in the clear on this. Radio Cuillin FM confirm it was a telephone interview; all interviews have been with no guest entering the premises. And the pic appears to be from his garden; he posted a sunset image that's on Google search.

But he is an odious prick.
Agree fully.

I've posted a number of times on social media, this site included, that he's done nothing wrong. I don't like him nor his party but the desperation from some to find someone else to focus attention isn't a good look for them. I expect that kind of shoot from the SNP.

Latest Threads