Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh you want reasons you approve, oh okay.
Yes I'd love some, just can't think of any, personal qualities I mean, not achievements.

Stuff like integrity in his private life, honesty, truth telling etc, are all conspicuous by their absence but I'd love you to cheer me up and point out something admirable I may have missed.

I think you are going to struggle, but here's hoping.

And yes I did vote for him, well, my local Tory MP anyway.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yes I'd love some, just can't think of any, personal qualities I mean, not achievements.

Stuff like integrity in his private life, honesty, truth telling etc, are all conspicuous by their absence but I'd love you to cheer me up and point out something admirable I may have missed.

I think you are going to struggle, but here's hoping.

When did you stop beating your wife?

When did you stop beating your wife?
That's it then, is it? No redeemable personal qualities you can think of at all apart from being intelligent?

I hope you are not a defence barrister.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
That's it then, is it? No redeemable personal qualities you can think of at all apart from being intelligent?

I've already dealt with my share of loaded questions today, try somebody else to play your game.

Has anyone managed to download the track and trace app for tomorrow? I can’t find it anywhere.

Have we managed to get up to 200,000 tests a day yet?
FFS, I've told you already.

We (royal we here, as in the UK) have the CAPACITY to do that level of testing.
What we lack is SAMPLES to be tested, as no one wants to be tested.

We can not report 200,000 tests done if we only have 45,000 samples to test.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Your descent into the depths of dementia is gathering pace old boy. Christmas is still some seven months away and I am not sure you’ll be asked to play the part of Santa again.
I did play the part of Santa some 20 years ago. You're easily misled.

So is that a new part of becoming Prime Minister now? It’s a popularity contest where your personal qualities are assessed? Did I miss that change? Or is it still just get selected as a candidate, stand at the election, get elected to Parliament and then, when the chance occurs, stand for leader of the party and thus become Prime Minister if your party is in power? Then hope you get re-elected with say an 80 seat majority at the next election?

So it seems it’s not a contest of personal qualities and the UK electorate dont give a toss about them. Or the alternative was just too terrible to consider.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So did I about 20 years ago and the scariest thing I have ever done. Surrounded by a bunch of Brownies all been Gee'd up by their group leader, whatever they are called in the brownies, Brown Owl or something. She was a good friend but knew to get me to agree would be to ask me in the pub on a Friday night about a month before the date! I should have known and been ready for it but after a few sherbets I was an easy target.

Five years I did it and the sight of those expectant 8-11 year old faces looking up at Santa haunt me every December!

Truxx

LE
So did I about 20 years ago and the scariest thing I have ever done. Surrounded by a bunch of Brownies all been Gee'd up by their group leader, whatever they are called in the brownies, Brown Owl or something. She was a good friend but knew to get me to agree would be to ask me in the pub on a Friday night about a month before the date! I should have known and been ready for it but after a few sherbets I was an easy target.

Five years I did it and the sight of those expectant 8-11 year old faces looking up at Santa haunt me every December!
I presume that you told them to "wait and see"

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

Ay up, A-Y. I enjoyed the gig but my 3 year old daughter declared she recognised me.

Of course you did. Of course I am. Whatever you say old boy.

Hopefully, agreeing with your harmlessly inane ramblings goes some way towards minimising any confusion and the concomitant angst that you may suffer as a result of disagreement.

Thoughtful and caring sort me you know.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Of course you did. Of course I am. Whatever you say old boy.

Hopefully, agreeing with your harmlessly inane ramblings goes some way towards minimising any confusion and the concomitant angst that you may suffer as a result of disagreement.

Thoughtful and caring sort me you know.
I don't expect you to understand, me ol' flower. Have a nice evening.

Oyibo

LE

So no achievements allowed, just subjective opinions about his 'personal qualities'?

That's an absolutely barking mad dense as depleted uranium line of argument.

Despite knowing that Boris would become Prime Minister? This person you despise and entirely mistrust? This person who in your view, has no redeemable qualities and really isn‘t fit to be PM?

You know, if I felt that strongly about the leader of a party and the need to keep him from the levers of power, I’d have abstained or voted otherwise rather than go whining about him on the internet after indirectly voting for him.

Despite knowing that Boris would become Prime Minister? This person you despise and entirely mistrust? This person who in your view, has no redeemable qualities and really isn‘t fit to be PM?

You know, if I felt that strongly about the leader of a party and the need to keep him from the levers of power, I’d have abstained or voted otherwise rather than go whining about him on the internet after indirectly voting for him.
Some chose to hold their noses and vote to get Brexit out of its three and a half year complete stalemate. The 'red wall' areas of the Midlands and the North East certainly did.

I couldn't, but I can quite understand why others did. I think, though, they might well have cause to regret lending him their votes.