Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Quite similar to the one I posted yesterday of well-known remainer and bolshevist, Nigel Farage, calling out Cummings' explanation as absolute balls.

(BTW, you'll be delighted to learn that my new cordless keyboard and mouse were delivered this AM. So normal service resumes. Thought you'd like to know.)
Lucky us.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Quite similar to the one I posted yesterday of well-known remainer and bolshevist, Nigel Farage, calling out Cummings' explanation as absolute balls.

(BTW, you'll be delighted to learn that my new cordless keyboard and mouse were delivered this AM. So normal service resumes. Thought you'd like to know.)
You mean Cummings can't launch an appeal with the Court of Public Opinion about him being found not proven in the case of Facts vs Wishful thinking?

I deliberately avoided the specifics of the Cummings case because the fairness, balance and culpability are very often determined by one's pre-existing viewpoint. Your view about the bias of the media has to be seen against the view of others that Cummings was guilty of staggering hypocrisy.

I was trying to deal with the principle.
The principle relies on responsible reporting. The Cummings case has shown that it is not happening. The populace can be given verifiable information and make up their own mind. A media all pile on is not in anyones interests except the medias.

I would suggest that it covers both bases. People are naturally interested to know if their leaders are playing the game or not.

They are also entitled to know that the people who are directing and operating a policy that necessitates the withdrawal of the normal rights, privileges and comforts normally expected and enjoyed by the public are, themselves, making the self-same sacrifices and obeying the law.

The public are unlikely to be able to obtain this information from any other source than the media.
So, what you've just described there is two versions of things which interest people, which is rather disappointing, as the term "in the public interest" relates to things which are beneficial to society.

So, what you've just described there is two versions of things which interest people, which is rather disappointing, as the term "in the public interest" relates to things which are beneficial to society.

If you had read and understood that, you would have realised that it was saying more or less the same thing I did.

'If journalists are good at their job, and to win the rust of the public they must hold governments and other institutions to account and they must act and behave ethically.'

Written by a grauniad hack I presume?

Oh dear, I can see that you just want to be argumentative. Perhaps you'd like to go and play with someone else.
Nothing of the sort. I'm trying to understand what purpose for the better good you believe was served by the press revealing Dominic Cummings movements.

Your view about the bias of the media has to be seen against the view of others that Cummings was guilty of staggering hypocrisy.
If that ever becomes an offence the entire Momentum Labour Party will be doing fifteen to life on Devils Island.

Accompanied by a couple of slack handfuls of Arrse posters.

The principle relies on responsible reporting. The Cummings case has shown that it is not happening. The populace can be given verifiable information and make up their own mind. A media all pile on is not in anyones interests except the medias.
And was it in the public interest to spout off all sorts of rubbish suggesting that the lockin was effectively over? The very people suggesting a fragmentation of same were the ones accusing DC. Furthermore, no-one would have known about it, so the meeja are guilty all round.

They could have done something behind the scenes, and/or waited until the crisis had passed, but no … their agenda had priority, and damn the consequences.

I would suggest that it covers both bases. People are naturally interested to know if their leaders are playing the game or not.

The public are unlikely to be able to obtain this information from any other source than the media.
Might I Suggest you read the eye Re that issue, apparently int’s not new. This Government could go down as the most transparent ever since 2005 when FOIA was introduced.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Strange that, we had 6 printed at the cost you mentioned and still have 5 left, despite being in touch with every organisation you could thinnk of, stockbrokers, banks, solicitors, insurance companies, private pension companies and thery seemed happy with either a scan or photocopy.
I purchased a load of extra "sealed" copies in case they were not returned. In each case they were sent back to me which rather destroyed my original ideas.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
'If journalists are good at their job, and to win the rust of the public they must hold governments and other institutions to account and they must act and behave ethically.'

Written by a grauniad hack I presume?
At present ethical journalism seems to be something of an oxymoron

I purchased a load of extra "sealed" copies in case they were not returned. In each case they were sent back to me which rather destroyed my original ideas.
This is my plan too, they all say they will return them but I wasn't confident. WTF will I do if all 14 actually get returned, I'll have to buy a shredder!

Can you not see that from the press point of view, as well as the public interest point of view, there is quite a difference?
Well of course there is from a self admitted biased press who want to overthrow the Government because it's not what they want, even the eye is becoming blasé about it's phraseology. But fundamentally this Government is not acting or behaving any different to any other. It's just that essentially, it's carrying out the wishes of the majority English constituencies and leaving Europe. Incidentally did you see that five people were caught in a Hotel in Durham with Covid because they had won money on a scratchcard and decided to meet up? Even I was surprised that the Press hadn't made the allusion to a connection somehow. But it's Durham again.

Latest Threads