Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I applied for a job with the local registrar’s office (in Perth). I was turned down flat because they wanted someone with experience as a registrar but one of the things the application process mentioned was the single point of notification service whereby the Registrar will notify all other official agencies and participating businesses like utilities and banks and insurance companies.

As I understand it this service is free and voluntary but I image it must reduce the stress on families and reduce the need for bits of paper and speed the process up.
Aye,they did that for my Mum.I still had a few to contact, but that did help the situation for me.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Aye,they did that for my Mum.I still had a few to contact, but that did help the situation for me.
Joined up government. Good to know.

I still quite fancy it as a job and may study for the professional qualifications for when I next need to seek work. I quite fancy conducting civil hatches, matches amd dispatches clad all a tartan.

Can you not see that from the press point of view, as well as the public interest point of view, there is quite a difference?
When you say "public interest", do you mean "that which interests people" or "that which is in people's interests"?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
When you say "public interest", do you mean "that which interests people" or "that which is in people's interests"?
I would suggest that it covers both bases. People are naturally interested to know if their leaders are playing the game or not.

They are also entitled to know that the people who are directing and operating a policy that necessitates the withdrawal of the normal rights, privileges and comforts normally expected and enjoyed by the public are, themselves, making the self-same sacrifices and obeying the law.

The public are unlikely to be able to obtain this information from any other source than the media.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I would suggest that it covers both bases. People are naturally interested to know if their leaders are playing the game or not.

They are also entitled to know that the people who are directing and operating a policy that necessitates the withdrawal of the normal rights, privileges and comforts normally expected and enjoyed by the public are, themselves, making the self-same sacrifices and obeying the law.

The public are unlikely to be able to obtain this information from any other source than the media.
Ain’t that the point. The media are reporting that he has broken the law as a definite when the very best the police can manage is that he ‘might’ have done or ‘potentially’ have done and the Shadow Attorney General and leader of the opposition have avoided questions so that they don’t have to admit they don’t think he has broken the law.

There is no balance.

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
I applied for a job with the local registrar’s office (in Perth). I was turned down flat because they wanted someone with experience as a registrar but one of the things the application process mentioned was the single point of notification service whereby the Registrar will notify all other official agencies and participating businesses like utilities and banks and insurance companies.

As I understand it this service is free and voluntary but I image it must reduce the stress on families and reduce the need for bits of paper and speed the process up.
We had to do several, almost back to back, and if they're for your loved ones, find out all the info now, and put it in a "Book of the Dead "

It can be so harrowing, and if it's all to hand in front of you, it makes the process so much easier.

We've done that, so the other can just run through all the debits etc, without all the grief

Last edited:
Ain’t that the point. The media are reporting that he has broken the law as a definite when the very best the police can manage is that he ‘might’ have done or ‘potentially’ have done and the Shadow Attorney General and leader of the opposition have avoided questions so that they don’t have to admit they don’t think he has broken the law.
I deliberately avoided the specifics of the Cummings case because the fairness, balance and culpability are very often determined by one's pre-existing viewpoint. Your view about the bias of the media has to be seen against the view of others that Cummings was guilty of staggering hypocrisy.

I was trying to deal with the principle.

Monkey brains everywhere..............
Quite similar to the one I posted yesterday of well-known remainer and bolshevist, Nigel Farage, calling out Cummings' explanation as absolute balls.

(BTW, you'll be delighted to learn that my new cordless keyboard and mouse were delivered this AM. So normal service resumes. Thought you'd like to know.)

Latest Threads