Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Perhaps we could call it Schrodinger's Legislation in that it's both "rushed, poor legislation with significant loopholes that is virtually impossible to enforce" and yet if your name is Cummings it's suddenly crystal clear.
Where has the legislation been enforced on Cummings? This isn’t about Cummings being prosecuted is it?

It’s about doing our civic duty and the right thing when a lot of other have done that and not claimed exceptionalism, when thousands of other families were in the same position potentially.

I don’t really care who voted for it. I would imagine that a significant number of all the opposition parties supported it. That doesn’t make it any better. It was still rushed and poor.
Years of police experience shines through yet again with that incisive mind of yours.

The legislation cleared all stages without a vote. Nobody voted for it. As somebody engaged in law enforcement, do you understand the concept of ‘emergency legislation’?

It sort of doesn’t have the luxury of time to iron out every possible flaw or loophole... bit of a clue in the term 'emergency legislation’ really.

The statement I made was in response to the blame being put on CS who drafted it. When obviously that isn’t the complete story.
Have you oiled the chain of your reversocycle lately?

"Virtually impossible to enforce"?

Try, only if the Police chose consciously NOT to enforce it.
I think that a number of Force Solicitors have reviewed this, and concluded that it is like a sieve and that only cast iron breaches are likely to survive an appeal. Therefore policy has reflected that.

Virtually any excuse around exercise and shopping are impossible to verify in a proportionate manner and are able to be used to justify not staying at home.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It's difficult to see how they could not.

Self-isolate and you're complying. Fail to self-isolate and you're complying. Everybody's happy.
You're an idiot if you believe that. But you don't, so you're just an irritant.

daz

LE
Well we're in agreement I'm guess - or at the least, we've both clarified things more. I'm not particularly attached to any political party btw. I think the Tories have done some good things and also some not so great.
Fair enough

I don’t really care who voted for it. I would imagine that a significant number of all the opposition parties supported it. That doesn’t make it any better. It was still rushed and poor.
So, pretty much par for the course from most pieces of legislation?

:safe:

Virtually any excuse around exercise and shopping are impossible to verify in a proportionate manner and are able to be used to justify not staying at home.
How is having a picnic in a country park, with multiple households, at the height of lockdown difficult to enforce?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think that a number of Force Solicitors have reviewed this, and concluded that it is like a sieve and that only cast iron breaches are likely to survive an appeal. Therefore policy has reflected that.

Boring!!!!!:sleepy:

So, pretty much par for the course from most pieces of legislation?

:safe:

How is having a picnic in a country park, with multiple households, at the height of lockdown difficult to enforce?
I’m not responsible for the myriad of scenarios real or not that have happened. Speak to the officers involved.

You're an idiot if you believe that. But you don't, so you're just an irritant.
It is only an idiot (and a very gullible one) who could believe that a complex system that relies on the active co-operation of the public on an essentially discretionary basis is going to be anything more than a PR stunt.

Farce Solicitors trying to find a reason not to you mean?

Local council lockups full of boy racers working on their cars and taking them out for a spot of street racing on the empty roads - 'We don't care, Please don't call us again'

You COULD have seen the Police pop round and tell them to go home, but younger people who might kick off so given a very wide berth

But please, do keep digging, the Police Farce has certainly won the undying contempt of many law abiding people over the last 2 months by their general inaction and invisibility.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Not quite time to leave dirty dom alone, but possibly to focus on the number of politicians and civil servants who also disregarded the INSTRUCTION given to us all, and went to second homes, had bimbles round market towns, shagged mistresses, basically did what they feckin well liked. One rule for us, no rule for them.

Years of police experience shines through yet again with that incisive mind of yours.

The legislation cleared all stages without a vote. Nobody voted for it. As somebody engaged in law enforcement, do you understand the concept of ‘emergency legislation’?

It sort of doesn’t have the luxury of time to iron out every possible flaw or loophole... bit of a clue in the term 'emergency legislation’ really.

Have you oiled the chain of your reversocycle lately?
I already explained this to him using the 1939 Emergency Powers Act as my analogy.
As in 1939 legislation was needed now not tomorrow or next week or next month when we have all had a long look at it to see if all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.
I suggested that in 1939 they had a ready made template due to the then current events.
I have also suggested that the present legislation had either no template or an out of date one.
As it stands, I believe the vast responsibilty for the murkiness of the present legislation is down to the legal authors who are also known as HM Legal Officers.
I don't think they have done their job properly and lack of a template is wilfully careless.
I am not usually forgiving towards the mongs in parliament but I don't think the present legal clusterf*ck is down to them, IMHO of course.

Actually I am mainly concerned about people dying wibble, tripe...
You being concerned about people dying, I must be a disappointment to you, all those times you wished me dead, yet here I am, larfing at your inability to connect with the real world, you poor failed liar.

I already explained this to him using the 1939 Emergency Powers Act as my analogy.
As in 1939 legislation was needed now not tomorrow or next week or next month when we have all had a long look at it to see if all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.
I suggested that in 1939 they had a ready made template due to the then current events.
I have also suggested that the present legislation had either no template or an out of date one.
As it stands, I believe the vast responsibilty for the murkiness of the present legislation is down to the legal authors who are also known as HM Legal Officers.
I don't think they have done their job properly and lack of a template is wilfully careless.
I am not usually forgiving towards the mongs in parliament but I don't think the present legal clusterf*ck is down to them, IMHO of course.
Flogging a dead horse comes to mind as I too have pointed out the complete absence of any vote a couple or three times. Of course, it doesn’t fit Inspector Knacker’s agenda.

Somebody has to be to blame for flawed legislation and this time it is those invisible shadowy unidentified bastards in parliament who apparently ’voted it through without proper scrutiny or ability’. Probably just to spite poor old Inspector Knacker.

Not sure what the 'ability' refers to exactly though. Presumably, had members of the HoC been called up to vote, the ability to file through a division lobby would have been within their ability...

You really do need to check your spelling and proof-read what you post Miss, before you press post reply.
Then one day you may make something that makes sense and you may be taken a bit more seriously.
Pilling up huh?
Calm down dear and read what you post.
Oh, and the poo poo thread is over there--------------------------->

I always read your posts in the voice of the someone speaks at a rate of about one word per second. Funny that.

Anyway, do you remember saying it's fine to kick down the doors of people suspected as having parties? Well how do you now reconcile that with saying "DC has done f*** all wrong" for driving nearly 300 miles whilst symptomatic?

Do you remember saying you were not s*** your y-fronts? How do you reconcile that with posting about how it was going to wipe all the elderly members of your village?

Very interesting. Not had a minor cold lately have you?

The inevitable inquiry will do that. Something that the politicians are currently dreading and planning for.
I’d imagine PHE are dreading it more.

Latest Threads