Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I'll let the COVID leads I've been speaking with in my local NHS trust know this.

But seriously for a moment - encephalitis and hypoxia are some of the symptoms seen in people who survive. These alone have their own complications.
Oh, so they are talking about it then, and your original post was bollocks?

I am getting to like Mr Hancock's way of dealing with bone questions. Kay Burley looked a complete berk as she interrupted and talked over the person she was supposed to be interviewing.
I'd love to see him pull a toy cow from his pocket and hold it towards her whilst muttering "Small or far away ".

It is rushed, poor legislation with significant loopholes that is virtually impossible to enforce. Why was it voted through Parliament in that state?
Who voted it through in that state. Knowing that may shed some light on the why?

Was it only the government majority That got it through or did some of the opposition parties get behind it too. If it is easier, who voted against it?

You have said on at least three occasions that it was ‘voted through parliament’ in a state not fit for purpose... simple question, who actually voted it through?

A keen analytical mind like yours probably knows the name of every for and every against vote, particularly as their votes affected your ability to police the legislation properly.

daz

LE
Anti-conservative? You mean like I've never supported the Tories? And anti-Boris as in I thought he did some good things whilst London Mayor?

I was anti-JC for the record.

HTH.
And once again failed to answer the question about Kinnock, as for being anti-JC, you along with about half the Labour MP's at the time :)

And once again failed to answer the question

You're not really asking questions, instead you are using this as an opportunity to air your grievances about Brexit.

Not that's entirely appropriate, tbh.

Edit: I see I caught you mid post.

I'm not really sure about Kinnock - anything happen beyond taking meds to their parents?

Although perhaps he should stand down. There, that's my view - anyone who broke lockdown and is a position of political authority should stand down :)

Who voted it through in that state. Knowing that may shed some light on the why?

Was it only the government majority That got it through or did some of the opposition parties get behind it too. If it is easier, who voted against it?

You have said on at least three occasions that it was ‘voted through parliament’ in a state not fit for purpose... simple question, who actually voted it through?

A keen analytical mind like yours probably knows the name of every for and every against vote, particularly as their votes affected your ability to police the legislation properly.
I don’t really care who voted for it. I would imagine that a significant number of all the opposition parties supported it. That doesn’t make it any better. It was still rushed and poor.

The statement I made was in response to the blame being put on CS who drafted it. When obviously that isn’t the complete story.

Allow me to repeat.
All this discussion about the number of dead: this is not the ‘Death Olympics’. There’ll be no Gold, Silver & Bronze medals awarded.
Every death is a tragedy for somebody still alive.
And just to add, the greatest cause of death is birth. Reflect on that!

daz

LE
You're not really asking questions, instead you are using this as an opportunity to air your grievances about Brexit.

I don't have any grievances about Brexit, you made a statement "Hence why the behaviour of high profile figures until now has lead to resignations etc." which is untrue, when challenged, you swerved it again and again

Edit since you've amended your post, he got promoted shortly after being caught rather than resigning or being forced out, which is taking the biscuit somewhat by Sir Keir considering his calls for DC to be sacked last night.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It is rushed, poor legislation with significant loopholes that is virtually impossible to enforce. Why was it voted through Parliament in that state?
Perhaps we could call it Schrodinger's Legislation in that it's both "rushed, poor legislation with significant loopholes that is virtually impossible to enforce" and yet if your name is Cummings it's suddenly crystal clear.

Edit: I see I caught you mid post.

I'm not really sure about Kinnock - anything happen beyond taking meds to their parents?

Although perhaps he should stand down. There, that's my view - anyone who broke lockdown and is a position of political authority should stand down :)
Original post.
Kept.

I don't have any grievances about Brexit, you made a statement "Hence why the behaviour of high profile figures until now has lead to resignations etc." which is untrue, when challenged, you swerved it again and again
I added to my post - all high profile figures who breached guidelines should stand down.

Although I also think travelling around whilst having a confirmed diagnosis is about as serious as it can get.

daz

LE
I added to my post - all high profile figures who breached guidelines should stand down.

Although I also think travelling around whilst having a confirmed diagnosis is about as serious as it can get.
I've added to mine

"Virtually impossible to enforce"?

Try, only if the Police chose consciously NOT to enforce it.

I've added to mine

Well we're in agreement I'm guess - or at the least, we've both clarified things more. I'm not particularly attached to any political party btw. I think the Tories have done some good things and also some not so great.

Latest Threads