Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Do you think that is anything to crow about? Only Spain and Belgium are worse. It’s been a disaster by any standard.
I find it slightly sad that the dead bodies of your fellow citizens are pilling up around you due to government incompetence, and all you (and others) seem to care about is Brexit.
You should both change your profile names to 'Emotive and Disingenuous'

Disaster? 1 July 1916 was a disaster, with over 50 000 British casualties. The Spanish 'flu Pandemic of 1918/19 was a disaster, with a given death toll of anywhere between 17 and 50 million.

' . . . dead bodies of your fellow citizens are pilling up around you due to government incompetence . . .'

Really? I've just looked across the Marina and, for the life of me, cannot see Auschwitz-style pyres on Mackerel Quay. Of course, you will have peer-reviewed data which details the criminal level of Government incompetence in this matter.

. . . oh, and I've seen dead bodies piled up-Highway 80, outside Kuwait City and elsewhere: how about you? When speaking figuratively, it always helps to have some sense of measure, don't you think?

Again, that shows your true colours and concerns, anti-Conservative, anti-Brexit, anti-Boris, what next, a call for a Government of National Unity and throw ourselves at the mercy of the EU
What a weird post.

Actually I am mainly concerned about people dying and the people left with long term psychiatric and brain problems due to the governments lacklustre response to COVID19.

Disaster? 1 July 1916 was a disaster, with over 50 000 British casualties. The Spanish 'flu Pandemic of 1918/19 was a disaster, with a given death toll of anywhere between 17 and 50 million.

' . . . dead bodies of your fellow citizens are pilling up around you due to government incompetence . . .'

Really? I've just looked across the Marina and, for the life of me, cannot see Auschwitz-style pyres on Mackerel Quay. Of course, you will have peer-reviewed data which details the criminal level of Government incompetence in this matter.

. . . oh, and I've seen dead bodies piled up-Highway 80, outside Kuwait City and elsewhere: how about you? When speaking figuratively, it always helps to have some sense of measure, don't you think?
Strange.

Basically its London and a couple of big inner city shite holes who are hammered. Where I am we've had about 150 dead in total in our health care authority.

Your years of police work is really shining through eh Inspector...

Any news on who voted the Corona Virus Act 2020 through with insufficient scrutiny or ability yet?
It is rushed, poor legislation with significant loopholes that is virtually impossible to enforce. Why was it voted through Parliament in that state?

What do you suggest as a course of action ?

My own response is to set up a large scale program to look at the prevalence of psychiatric and cognitive problems in the general population - this should go live in the next few weeks. On top of a study I'm running looking at the psychiatric effects of lockdown and data is currently being collected for that.

I think that's enough for me really.

Basically its London and a couple of big inner city shite holes who are hammered. Where I am we've had about 150 dead in total in our health care authority.

The survivors are a problem no one is currently speaking about outside of the scientific literature - or more to the point, the effects of having had COVID.

My own response is to set up a large scale program to look at the prevalence of psychiatric and cognitive problems in the general population - this should go live in the next few weeks. On top of a study I'm running looking at the psychiatric effects of lockdown and data is currently being collected for that.

Why don't you write to the CMO and CSA and suggest it then?

You keep thinking that professor.

Still could be worse, you could be in Scotland where the leadership shifted hundreds and hundreds of elderly patients from single rooms from the "state of the art" hospital - where there were several deaths previously from contaminated wards - to multi bed wards in a different hospital. Then shifted them around different multi bed wards in the same hospital before shifting them to care homes without testing them.
Looks like they have also handled things sub optimally.

daz

LE
What a weird post.

Actually I am mainly concerned about people dying and the people left with long term psychiatric and brain problems due to the governments lacklustre response to COVID19.
They've done a good job on the whole..... Now, about Kinnock, so why did he get promoted after breaking lockdown, why are you not calling for him to be sacked and why did you gloss over the question??

Again, it comes back to you being anti-Conservative, anti-Brexit, anti-Boris as your previous posts have made abundantly clear.

The survivors are a problem no one is currently speaking about outside of the scientific literature - or more to the point, the effects of having had COVID.
This may come as a shock, but no one knows what those die effects are, due to... well you know, the Virus only having been around for 8 months!

This may come as a shock, but no one knows what those die effects are, due to... well you know, the Virus only having been around for 8 months!

I'll let the COVID leads I've been speaking with in my local NHS trust know this.

But seriously for a moment - encephalitis and hypoxia are some of the symptoms seen in people who survive. These alone have their own complications.

It's nice you're trying to keep yourself busy.

Is this a pissing competition about how many dead bodies a person has seen? I’ve seen my share over 37 years and still continue to do so.

There is no comparison between a pandemic and war.

They've done a good job on the whole..... Now, about Kinnock, so why did he get promoted after breaking lockdown, why are you not calling for him to be sacked and why did you gloss over the question??

Again, it comes back to you being anti-Conservative, anti-Brexit, anti-Boris as your previous posts have made abundantly clear.

Anti-conservative? You mean like I've never supported the Tories? And anti-Boris as in I thought he did some good things whilst London Mayor?

I was anti-JC for the record.

HTH.

They appear to have done a good job, in comparison to Belgium and Spain only.

Latest Threads