Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
For example:
I wonder just how many of the emails he is receiving come from the 20,000 voters who did not vote for him or his Party and would love to see Boris forced into sacking DC for political reasons not because DC has any guilt?

Dumped by Boris at the last reshuffle from a minor ministerial post - axe to grind rather than genuine outrage? Who knows!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Bless.

Even after Brexit, you cling to the fanciful notion that MPs give a fig for their constituents' opinions.

I imagine you also think the pea is under the middle shell.
He is obviously worried that these c1,000 emails means he will lose his majority of c22,000 :rolleyes:.

What he has done of course, is increase his chance of being deselected before the next GE.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Some Labour non-entity has just finished bumping his gums on BBC Breakfast. According to him people will refuse to comply with requests that they self isolate because of the Cummings nonsense. Leaving aside the rights and wrongs of the Cummings business its a bit insulting to suggest that people would be so moronic as to refuse to cooperate.
that’s the same people who were ignoring the lockdown in droves weeks ago and still don’t have idea who Cummings is?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Bless.

Even after Brexit, you cling to the fanciful notion that MPs give a fig for their constituents' opinions.

I imagine you also think the pea is under the middle shell.
What news of the 'oven-ready deal'?

For example:
you can get scripts off t’interwebs that will spam any email adress with as many ‘I am outraged’ in Arial Bold Underlined Green emails with different adresses as you want.
see the ones Remainers used relentlessly to try and subvert Brexit.

Hopefully a line can be drawn under the Cummings MSM scandal and we can resume normal jogging:

anglo

LE
She being the operative word, they have disciplined her. Unlike Boris and his wayward adviser. I quite liked it, she used facts, always hard to fight them.
they have disciplined her.
Yes they did, She had a night off

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
they have disciplined her.
Yes they did, She had a night off
It would amuse me no end if every time one of the BBC lot asked a question, they were asked are you going to apologise for Maitlis, and will you be sacking her?

that’s the same people who were ignoring the lockdown in droves weeks ago and still don’t have idea who Cummings is?
Mrs H_M asked me on Monday morning, 'Who is Dominic Cummings?' She didn't have a clue and, even when I explained the story to her, couldn't see what all of the fuss was about.

I don't know what others think but my view on Blackford is that he is a perfect example that there are exceptions to 'Stay at home'. Cumming's case is also an example of it.

The case of Dr Calderwood has also been mentioned. She was the Scottish Med Ad. She was sacked for visiting her second home. The sequence of events of that is quite instructive:

1. Initial reports. A bit of a hullabaloo especially from the anti-nat gang.

2. She then claimed that she had gone to the property to adjust the heating after the winter and make sure the property was generally secure. Sturgeon (and me) supported her. This was clearly an exception. She (and anyone else) is/was entitled to maintain and secure their property.

3. It then emerged that she had visited the second home more than once clearly not for the purpose of maintaining it. At that point she had to go.

It's the thing about exceptions. It's a little worrying that a police officer finds that a difficult concept to grasp. Self defence and the reasonable use of force is a good example. The law does not say how much violence you may be entitled to use to defend yourself in every circumstance. It may be reasonable for woman to grab a kitchen knife and stab an assailant to defend herself. It may not be reasonable for me to do it because the same assailant does not pose the same treat to me and I am more capable of defending myself without stabbing him.
Blackford and other MPs were working within the spirit of the rules.

Calderwood (I never brought her up), Ferguson (Stayed at home) and Cummings weren't. They all deserved to go. For reasons beyond me many of you are happy to accept his reverse engineered and wholly fabricated excuse. He could have and should have stayed in London rather than choosing to spread the virus.

That's it. This was always going to happen:

Been going on in Birmingham continuously for the last eight weeks.
Most of them don't even know who the PM is never mind Dominic Cummings.
The Blessed Nigel is in deepest darkest Kent. He is one as well mind.

Calderwood (I never brought her up), Ferguson (Stayed at home) and Cummings weren't. They all deserved to go. For reasons beyond me many of you are happy to accept his reverse engineered and wholly fabricated excuse. He could have and should have stayed in London rather than choosing to spread the virus.

If that is the best that Sky can do, they might as well give up and go home now. They had their chance the other day but completely screwed it up.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

That's the Sky version.

Latest Threads