Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I have sent a copy of that to my MP. MP’s and journalists have claimed that they have been inundated with emails complaining about DC. I thought I’d complain to mine too. A bit of balance.
As you're in the mood, you might wish to follow it up with this:

Considering being tired or fatigued has the same effect on driving as being drunk, I'm surprise people are so understand of DC driving 60 miles to see if he was up to the job of driving a further 300-ish.

Although so far I'm very impressed with the mental gymnastics some posters are performing because of their tribal mindset to politics.

Considering being tired or fatigued has the same effect on driving as being drunk, I'm surprise people are so understand of DC driving 60 miles to see if he was up to the job of driving a further 300-ish.

Although so far I'm very impressed with the mental gymnastics some posters are performing because of their tribal mindset to politics.
Hilarious.

A bare few months since the 'red wall' constituencies assured Boris of an impressive electoral victory and he's already alienating his new followers. These traditionally Labour voting types were persuaded to vote Tory on the assurance that it was the only major party who could guarantee the Brexit for which they had previously voted.

Nevertheless, many would have been holding their noses as they placed their ballots in the box, traditionally suspicious of the elitist Toryism that they did not consider was intended for people like them.

To begin with, Boris has played ball and has gone through the motions of rewarding his new constituents with the promise of government investment targeted at the 'red wall' areas. He even came to blows with his then Chancellor, Sajid Javid, over the matter (actually a proxy war concerning their respective advisers).

After this quite promising start, the old suspicions of Tory elitism seem to be re-emerging as a result of the Cummings affair, not least in the 'red wall' areas of the Midlands and the North.

I did wonder how long Boris could keep them sweet and persuade them that their long-term interests were best served by sticking with the Tories. So much for the new dawn.

As has been said before, I just have a feeling the Boris/Cummings combo have ‘gamed’ this over the weekend and are thinking a couple of moves ahead of the pack.
It's rather like watching a pair of chess grandmaster taking on Laura's draughts team (Southern division, league 3).
There's going to be tears before bedtime.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's rather like watching a pair of chess grandmaster taking on Laura's draughts team (Southern division, league 3).
There's going to be tears before bedtime.
I think they were caught in "Check" for a while, hence DC's statement, but they are nowhere near "Checkmate".

A bare few months since the 'red wall' constituencies assured Boris of an impressive electoral victory and he's already alienating his new followers. These traditionally Labour voting types were persuaded to vote Tory on the assurance that it was the only major party who could guarantee the Brexit for which they had previously voted.

Nevertheless, many would have been holding their noses as they placed their ballots in the box, traditionally suspicious of the elitist Toryism that they did not consider was intended for people like them.

To begin with, Boris has played ball and has gone through the motions of rewarding his new constituents with the promise of government investment targeted at the 'red wall' areas. He even came to blows with his then Chancellor, Sajid Javid, over the matter (actually a proxy war concerning their respective advisers).

After this quite promising start, the old suspicions of Tory elitism seem to be re-emerging as a result of the Cummings affair, not least in the 'red wall' areas of the Midlands and the North.

I did wonder how long Boris could keep them sweet and persuade them that their long-term interests were best served by sticking with the Tories. So much for the new dawn.
Did you ever think of earning your living as a political commentator? No?

Just as well... you’d starve to death.

Latest Threads