Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
So all we have to do to silence the endless and tedious anti Boris whining you excrete is all say we agree with you?

Right... Do you also have some shares in London Bridge you might be willing to part with?
just because you don't mind being lied to there is no need to go all ad-hom on the rest of us who aren't so keen on it.

As has been said before, I just have a feeling the Boris/Cummings combo have ‘gamed’ this over the weekend and are thinking a couple of moves ahead of the pack.
Most definitely.
I would imagine that at this senior level of employment perhaps your employer might wish to know where you are at all times really, and to be contactable in case of other serious sh1t happening.
The thought of him travelling without informing his employer, and gaining such permission to travel is laughable.
Some people need to get out more and experience the real world.
Or just to get out perhaps?

Most definitely.
I would imagine that at this senior level of employment perhaps your employer might wish to know where you are at all times really, and to be contactable in case of other serious sh1t happening.
The thought of him travelling without informing his employer, and gaining such permission to travel is laughable.
Some people need to get out more and experience the real world.
Or just to get out perhaps?
Agreed.
On the lines of:
The CO is lying in a bed of pain;
Problem occurs;
Appreciate the situation and decide the best course of action is to leg it;
Inform somebody - 2i/c, Adjt, Sqn Cdr, Ord Off, RSM, any Officer, Guard Commander on your way out of the gate, if necessary - leaving a note with contact address (they’ll have your mobile number anyway).
In all this kerfuffle, I have not yet heard any of the pack ask whether Cummings informed any senior Govt bod before accelerating away - so transfixed are they with trying to bring down Boris at the same time.

A rather sweeping statement, there: care to get into a bit of detail?

. . . oh, and ad hom doesn't mean what you think it means.
Detail? Can't t really be bothered, very much like all the other posters bunging gratuitous disagrees and dumbs around the place without further comment.

As for the definition of ad hom, I think I know what it means, but then I was pretty certain what 'stay home' meant. Turns out I was about 250 miles out there, so who knows?

Just off to test my eyesight on the A303.

Detail? Can't t really be bothered, very much like all the other posters bunging gratuitous disagrees and dumbs around the place without further comment.

As for the definition of ad hom, I think I know what it means, but then I was pretty certain what 'stay home' meant. Turns out I was about 250 miles out there, so who knows?

Just off to test my eyesight on the A303.
Unh hunh.

I suppose we should be grateful that you spared us from an outing of 'rich toffs'.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Screenshot_20200527-095451_Samsung Internet.jpg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It was just announced on LBC. People who did what Cummings did, and has been fully endorsed by BJ and co, and were fined, will not get a review or the fine revoked. How does that work?
Nothing about my first point of course, and nobody else seems to be saying what you say LBC announced, I am willing to bet the LBC "report" came from a "source"
Edit
I found this from SKY
which backs up the fact it's a "source"
After the daily Downing Street coronavirus briefing, Sky's deputy political editor Sam Coates said a government adviser had since stated that there was no "formal review" of lockdown fines.

Truxx

LE
Agreed.
On the lines of:
The CO is lying in a bed of pain;
Problem occurs;
Appreciate the situation and decide the best course of action is to leg it;
Inform somebody - 2i/c, Adjt, Sqn Cdr, Ord Off, RSM, any Officer, Guard Commander on your way out of the gate, if necessary - leaving a note with contact address (they’ll have your mobile number anyway).
In all this kerfuffle, I have not yet heard any of the pack ask whether Cummings informed any senior Govt bod before accelerating away - so transfixed are they with trying to bring down Boris at the same time.
He did. The fact was covered in the daily briefing and a number of MSM outlets ran bits on it.

Don’t bank on it.
Lisa Nandy was interviewed on the Today programme about 30’ ago.
The main thrust was her letter to Raab telling the Govt to do more about the situation in Hong Kong. Fine.
The subject turned to harassment of Cummings outside his house.
Nandy was asked if she supported Thornberry’s support of such action in a twaat.
‘Hullo? Lisa Nandy, are you there?
No, she’s gone!’

ETA: The Express is reporting Nandy has been flamed on Twatter for supporting Kinnock Jr’s drive to visit his parents in an interview on GMB. This must have been before she spoke on Today.
So no surprise she (was) cut off.
To be fair, Nandy did contact the Today program before it went off air with an answer, though of course by then she'd had some 45 minutes to formulate a nice, politically correct reply.

Perhaps I’m being overly paranoid, but Nandy’s silence following that question seemed suspiciously sudden, as if a microphone had been muted, rather than the line dropping off.

Certainly, it seemed to catch the interviewer by surprise.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
On his wife's birthday apparently, you always give your Mrs the present of her being driven by you when you're not sure if your eyesight's good enough....
he didn’t say he had problems with his eye sight at that moment but that he had been unwell and amongst other things it had affected his eyesight. He just wanted to make sure that when he drove it wasn’t going trigger a relapse.

I’ve done something similar with back ache and driving. Other posters have said they’ve done it with eye sight.

Indeed when I’ve had new glasses I’ve had to test whether I’m safe to drive wearing them by driving. There really isn’t any other way. I would never wear new glasses on my motorcycle without trying them in the car first.

Perhaps Cummings meant something else but thats trying to put myself in his shoes that’s whtbI thought he meant.

he didn’t say he had problems with his eye sight at that moment but that he had been unwell and amongst other things it had affected his eyesight. He just wanted to make sure that when he drove it wasn’t going trigger a relapse.

I’ve done something similar with back ache and driving. Other posters have said they’ve done it with eye sight.

Indeed when I’ve had new glasses I’ve had to test whether I’m safe to drive wearing them by driving. There really isn’t any other way. I would never wear new glasses on my motorcycle without trying them in the car first.

Perhaps Cummings meant something else but thats trying to put myself in his shoes that’s whtbI thought he meant.
This reasonable streak of yours.

You really must do something about that and get onside with the spittle-flecked mob.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer