Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Truxx

LE
That's the badger. Nice bloke for a Green Howard.
When he was catapulted into the CDS job there was an ongoing capbadge wrangle (Options for Change?)

Cue Inge with matching GH socks and braces storming up and down the 7th floor.

I seem to recall at one point the GH having at least one of each, 1 to 5 stars.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
When he was catapulted into the CDS job there was an ongoing capbadge wrangle (Options for Change?)

Cue Inge with matching GH socks and braces storming up and down the 7th floor.

I seem to recall at one point the GH having at least one of each, 1 to 5 stars.
That's the Yorkshire Guards for you.

26th March - Ian Blackford drove from London to Skye

27th March - Dominic Cummings drove his wife and child to Durham

28th March - Steven Kinnock visited his father for his birthday,

3 Apr 2020 - Birmingham Hall Green Labour MP Tahir Ali issued an apology after attending a funeral attended by 100 mourners

12th May - Kevan Jones attended a constituents party VE day

12th May - Vaughan Gething took his family out for picnic of chips,

16th May - Ed Wylie drove twice to visit his holiday home,

Tony LLoyd travelled from London to Manchester. No hullabaloo???

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

3 Apr 2020 - Birmingham Hall Green Labour MP Tahir Ali issued an apology after attending a funeral attended by 100 mourners

You're not getting this at all. The media hullabaloo is nothing whatsoever to do with Covid-19, laws broken or not, who did what or when: no this is purely a witch-hunt out to get Cummings who the media hate because he ignores them, works round them, does things the papers never thought of and in general gets up people's noses.

That's all, and other MPs are free to do what they want at any time, and remain outraged at Cummings.

The media says so.

Picnic and chips? Is that the equivalent of Deep fried Mars bar.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Your first born, one of Mrs BL's Sunday roasts, your publicly-funded accommodation, you tell me...

Alternatively, it could be a belated recognition on the EU's part that insisting in a continuance of the CFP will get them nowhere.
I do the cooking in this household.

I changed my mind on 2 scores. I thought that if he had been to Barnard Castle he should be toast. Having heard his explanation I think what he said was so lame it was actually plausible. I have done something similar in taking a short spin to see if a bad back was up to a longer drive. If he was spinning he would have made up something.

The other change of mind I have had is that I assumed he was someone I would personally dislike. I think I was believing the media hype. I now think that whilst we would never be bosom buddies I would be more than happy to break bread with him.
On his wife's birthday apparently, you always give your Mrs the present of her being driven by you when you're not sure if your eyesight's good enough....

Truxx

LE
A gentleman does not distinguish on actual rank (even when pretending to be their bezzer). He merely remembers gazpacho or cream of mushroom.
He was a field marshal when I last had supper with him. Told some excellent tales tales too. But he was a lord too. Tricky. So I stuck with "sir" and I think I got away with it.

Not sure if we had soup.

Truxx

LE
On his wife's birthday apparently, you always give your Mrs the present of her being driven by you when you're not sure if your eyesight's good enough....
What a birthday treat. We can now assume she is into Lady Anne Clifford (quite a girl)

I know its only my Facebook groups but tonight there has been a distinct upturn in support for Cummings on there and a real anger emerging against the Media and assorted hypocrits like Sturgeon, Blackford and other scum - the last couple of days the posts were more against Cummings but I think as the lmedia lies became more apparent and the media and other scum have started to push too hard and its turned into nothing but bullying for the sake of it and blatant hypocracy - at this rate there will be a petition to get him knighted by the end of the week!

You're not getting this at all. The media hullabaloo is nothing whatsoever to do with Covid-19, laws broken or not, who did what or when: no this is purely a witch-hunt out to get Cummings who the media hate because he ignores them, works round them, does things the papers never thought of and in general gets up people's noses.

That's all, and other MPs are free to do what they want at any time, and remain outraged at Cummings.

The media says so.
When I undertook a mature student (very mature) degree course, my class was asked who we considered were the most influential people in the country. I answered ‘the media’ because I believe they can manipulate things sufficiently to have us go to war by the end of the week.

I suspect we will know by the end of this week whether this country is run by our democratically elected government or by Laura K and her ilk pursuing their vendetta.

Latest Threads