Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
In exchange for SFA.
They are our fishing grounds not the property of some foreign political union.
The EU disagree. They are willing to soften their demand everything remains the same as long as we also stop claiming to be an independent coastal state.

'We would be looking to shift on demands to keep everything as is now, a somewhat maximalist opening position, if the UK also moved from its position of coastal attachment. That’s where the room for compromise lies.'

Purely a blame shifting exercise. The utter cnuts.

The EU disagree. They are willing to soften their demand everything remains the same as long as we also stop claiming to be an independent coastal state.

'We would be looking to shift on demands to keep everything as is now, a somewhat maximalist opening position, if the UK also moved from its position of coastal attachment. That’s where the room for compromise lies.'

Purely a blame shifting exercise. The utter cnuts.
Wishful thinking on my part.
Personally I would tell them to go and do one using old fashioned Anglo-Saxon terminology.
But there is probably a diplomatic reason why they wouldn't do this.
It does rather raise the question of 'Territorial Waters' though which have a remit outside of fishing.

Wishful thinking on my part.
Personally I would tell them to go and do one using old fashioned Anglo-Saxon terminology.
But there is probably a diplomatic reason why they wouldn't do this.
It does rather raise the question of 'Territorial Waters' though which have a remit outside of fishing.
As far as i have seen the negotiations have all been conducted in Anglo-Saxon (polite version but you know what we mean) by Frost. Don't see that changing at the death.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Matt Hancock just put Robert Peston back in his box. I would like to have seen his expression this time - a bit more than his head toss and rolling if his eyes like last time! Good to watch.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Matt Hancock just put Robert Peston back in his box. I would like to have seen his expression this time - a bit more than his head toss and rolling if his eyes like last time! Good to watch.
What happened I chinned off the press inane babble ages ago?
edit nm just found, well done that man!
Pesto fckued off at the high port by Matt Hancock.

“SoS, both you and your wife contracted Covid-19 and you stayed at home. What was the relevant difference between you and Mr Cummings?”

“We had childcare readily at hand and he did not. Now .... from LBC.”

Get in.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I laughed my bollocks off - Peston must be a very happy person.
Peston - you had covid19 and stopped in London and DC went to Durham why?
Hancock - because I had childcare and he didnt next reporter!
What an utter cockwomble. He was given a opportunity to ask the Minister for Health a question about health and the current crisis and he wasted it on drivel. Cockwomble doesn’t cover it.

Cracking job by Matt. Pestons back in box moment the highlight.

Pesto - wibble wibble blah blah, rhubarb wibble. Do you agree that thingy wotsit wibble, and rhubarb blah?

Hancock - No, I don't agree. The next question is from ...

NB - don't quote me on this

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Pesto - wibble wibble blah blah, rhubarb wibble. Do you agree that thingy wotsit wibble, and rhubarb blah?

Hancock - No, I don't agree

NB - don't quote me on this
Close enough!

Truxx

LE
Indeed: as I caveated, it is not a shining example of good legislation, being drafted too quickly, not being subjected to deep scrutiny and falling between two stools when trying to be all things to all men.

. . . and, because of those reasons, Cummings can rightly say 'I broke no law', though my own view is that he gave the spirit of the legislation a good ignoring at worst or a more than generous interpretation at best.

I have no great regard for the man and I suspect that, when his downfall occurs, it will be spectacular. But this is not that time.
I actually think that his "demise" will be subtler than that. In the period between now and the next election he will have gone to pastures new.

ETA beat me to it Auld-Yin.

Last edited:

Latest Threads