Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
But yet it is suitable for him and his family to live in. Not a reason to not accept care there.
can you explain why Hampshire plod turned a studious blind eye to blatant ignoring of lockdown rules from Day One?

I just heard on the news
"he broke the spirit of the law"

FFS
Exactly. The vile scum. I have reported myself to police as today despite clear government messaging on "Don't drink and drive" I had several swigs of water on the drive to the supermarket. Now technically I haven't broken any laws but what the hell kind of example am I setting? Tommorow the entire country will be behind the wheel with a fully stocked bar on IV drips after my shameful behaviour.

A creature with with tattoos and a strident E Midlands voice has just given her opinion on the matter, at the request of the BBC.

In her considered opinion the answer is 'Rich Toffs'.

So there.

This creature was named as one Lisa McKenzie and Wiki tells me this about her:

ETA: There is another, though more photogenic, Angry Sister saying much the same.
Aye I spotted her.For a brief moment I thought she was going to talk some sense as she began ro tell us that there were bigger things ro worry about at the moment before going into her rich toff
versus poor people mode

It is gloves off from the BBC. They realise they face a determined enemy in BJ and are trying to discredit him.
Laura K's BBC news website article last night, about Cummings, was genuinely shocking in the hostility it revealed, even from the Beeb.
And yet she got trolled something terrible by lefties who called her a government stooge when she defended him for doing what he did. Within the rules, she said, and immediately got slated for being a mouthpiece for the government and a Tory stooge.

When you get slagged by the likes of Piers Morgan and Alastair Campbell for defending him and then by Arrse members for slating him you know you must be doing something right.

TAFKA

Old-Salt
Because Corbyn was unelectable and the electorate were given a confused and confusing view of what Labour's position was on Brexit and a 2nd referendum. It was, after all, a Brexit election, nothing else.

If Farage had not pulled his BP candidates from the marginals it would have been a different outcome. Something very close to 2015, I'd say.
IIRC he only pulled his candidates from existing Tory held seats.

Bishop Auckland had a 500 seat Labour majority in 2017. In 2019 the Brexit Party got 2500 votes and the Tories returned a near 8000 majority.

anglo

LE
Exactly. The vile scum. I have reported myself to police as today despite clear government messaging on "Don't drink and drive" I had several swigs of water on the drive to the supermarket. Now technically I haven't broken any laws but what the hell kind of example am I setting? Tommorow the entire country will be behind the wheel with a fully stocked bar on IV drips after my shameful behaviour.
Report to number tens back garden tomorrow and explain why you broke the spirit of the rules
Make sure you stay to answer daft questions from the press

And yet she got trolled something terrible by lefties who called her a government stooge when she defended him for doing what he did. Within the rules, she said, and immediately got slated for being a mouthpiece for the government and a Tory stooge.

When you get slagged by the likes of Piers Morgan and Alastair Campbell for defending him and then by Arrse members for slating him you know you must be doing something right.
In fairness, that did happen.
I wonder whether her very sceptical approach towards DC this afternoon was influenced by the hostile reaction to her first remarks?

offog

LE
"McKenzie was born in March 1968 and grew up in Sutton-in-Ashfield. She moved from the predominantly white suburbs of Nottingham to the inner city where she had her mixed-race son in 1988 as there were more black people there and she felt more comfortable."

Give me strength...
The question is did she have the child so she could right her PhD or did her PhD come about because she had the child.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The only thing that was being talked about by all sides was Brexit. The only reason that the GE was called in the first place was Brexit had stalled and was going nowhere. The only reason the call for a GE was sanctioned by Labour was because a continuing impasse would have resulted in a 'no deal' Brexit.

So, as I said, it was all about Brexit. It was, effectively, a single-issue GE.
Labour/Momentum/Corbyn would have continued to oppose anything put forward by the Conservatives purely because it was dreamt up by the Conservatives. Theirs was the purest form of adversarial politics - as evidenced by voting against some stuff that they'd originally suggested themselves. Morons.

Be under no illusion; Labour would not have consented to an election if they didn't think that they could win. The absolute flood of "I just can't believe this has happened" comments on Facebook the morning after were testament to the echo chambers that some people exist in.

It wasn't a single-issue election; Corbyn and his team offered as much cake and bribes social fairness as they could at the electorate and still came a very, very poor second.

Labour were ambiguous on Brexit/Bremain. Even their own senior figures couldn't square the circle when questioned.

But elsewhere, such as on the economy, immigration, law and order, and discrimination Islamophobia racism equality they were all over the shop. The one group of people they didn't represent was the vast majority of the indigenous population - and that includes many from the BAME population, as well as the working classes.

It emphatically was not a 'Brexit election'.

IIRC he only pulled his candidates from existing Tory held seats.

Bishop Auckland had a 500 seat Labour majority in 2017. In 2019 the Brexit Party got 2500 votes and the Tories returned a near 8000 majority.
Tory marginals IIRC. And boy were the Tories happy about that.

There were regional variations in voting largely determined by the 2016 referendum results.

Tory marginals IIRC. And boy were the Tories happy about that.

There were regional variations in voting largely determined by the 2016 referendum results.
He pulled only from all tory held seats. Marginals did not come into it.

In case anyone is interested there were 121 new Covid 19 related deaths in the UK reported yesterday.

And the hundreds of thousands who bumrushed the beaches two weeks ago, all did so because they saw Cummings on their Time Machine

Truxx

LE
One of the countless benefits living in Islington...

ETA It appears that Speedie Meadie is Jill Mead , a photographer, according to her website

" Today I live in Bermondsey dovetailing freelance work with The Guardian Newspaper. "

Ah yes. If you look at the mob mobbing Cummings she is the one with the red hair......

That should make plods job easy enough.

Latest Threads