Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
He is Judge Wets. The streets belong to him. He is the law.

Unless a locked door which someone declines to open is involved even if there's lots of screaming and chainsaws inside in which case he submits an email to Judge Admin who will get back to him probably within a week about a warrant.

During the period I was still ‘self isolating‘ and still quite ill my GP phoned me twice to tell me to drive to hospital so I could have an x-ray, then later a CT scan................I wasn’t remotely confused at the time, but do you think we think we now need Boris to adjudicate on whether it was right or wrong :)

I do remember that when I mentioned these things at the time no one on ARRSE told me I should be sacked for driving while having the virus :)
Indeed my BiL and his wife both copped it and have recovered at home, but bearing in mind He had a temperature, he was told to drive to hospital to be diagnosed.

Where does it say that infected people can arbitrarily break isolation and travel to another location, when a safer and within guidelines option exists to achieve the childcare.
BJ has told you he thinks it’s okay, because it was instinctive. That’s his opinion.
Love a f***ing duck.

Where does it say !! Where does it say !!

Are you really a copper that hit's the mean streets or is your moniker copper slang for Station Brew B***h ?

Wise up and get a grip of your frillies.

TamH70

MIA
Love a f***ing duck.

Where does it say !! Where does it say !!

Are you really a copper that hit's the mean streets or is your moniker copper slang for Station Brew B***h ?

Wise up and get a grip of your frillies.
More like the Station Starbucks Bitch, as no-one would trust him to make the coffees.

This Cummings stuff is a lethal distraction at a time where our industries are literally on the edge of a precipice - Aston Martin and Jaguar/Landrover are in BIG trouble with J/L alone needing 2 Bn quid! - Aston Martin have only sold 500 ish cars this year in total and that's just to name 2 companies - if BoJo does not open this economy asap then we are looking at a economic catastrophe that far outweighs the impact of CV - those saying that you cant put a price on a human life are talking absolute bollocks! the PM & business leaders desperately need to brief the people about what we are walking into. The death and infection rate is now 'manageable' - every hour we now waste arguing about Cummings is literally destroying hundreds of UK citizens lives and our childrens futures

Slime

LE
Indeed my BiL and his wife both copped it and have recovered at home, but bearing in mind He had a temperature, he was told to drive to hospital to be diagnosed.
It’s amusing that although from day one the guidance allowed for travel for care or medical reasons it’s seems that those who oppose Cummings or Brexit are unable to remember it. :)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Listening to the hysteria and manufactured rage in the media about Cummings I am wondering where it comes from? this is more than about breaking lockdown rules, this is an outright assassination attempt and I can only presume it is because:

1. The left wing media, the Civil Service Deep State and the usual luvvie leftie suspects eg Morgan lost on Brexit and blame Cummings
2. They hate BoJo and the Tories and want to take out the Govt
3. The pendulum of power the media and Civil Service Deep State had to control the narritive has somehow been eroded by Cummings

All 3 of the above are good target indicators for me to know he is doing something right! clearly they are all terrified of him and it is long past the time that someone took the battle back to them - I honestly know nothing about this guy but all my instincts are telling me they doth protest to much!
As Thatcher once said, they attacked her because they couldn’t beat her arguments.

DC helped engineer an 80-seat Tory majority - albeit he had significant help from Corbyn - so no wonder they hate him.

Going to report these anonymous people - or are you just hearing voices?
What do you mean? It's just people I know on Facebook, who have been broadly supportive of Boris up until now, feel that Cummings screwed up and that Boris has made a wrong call on this one. That's my opinion too; "Do as I say, not do as I do."

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I don't hear Labour or our toxic media complaining about these three individuals breaking the lockdown. Labour MP Steven Kinnock travelled to his parents house for a birthday. Labour MP Tahir Ali attended a funeral along with 100 other mourners, & Welsh Health Minister Vaughan Gething sitting at a picnic table having chips with his family, all during the lockdown. It seems to me Labour & our useless Media have selective memories.

Pinched from another feed, but backs up my theory that it was never about lockdown breach but always about getting a man they hate sacked and nobbling the PMs plans.
Just highlights the media's hypocrisy. Whether or not Cummings was right to do what he did is a matter of subjective opinion; however, he has now become 'the story' and that will be concerning for the government.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tool

LE
On Thursday I attended my grandmothers funeral. There were only four of us and I couldn't even hug my mother when she was in tears. Yet Dominic Cummings breaks the lock-down and gets away with it. He should resign immediately.
Much as you have my sympathy on your mother's death, where is the outcry over this blerk? Should he also "resign immediately"?

Coronavirus: MP Tahir Ali apologises after funeral during lockdown
A Labour MP has been blasted for "endangering lives" by attending a large funeral and ignoring coronavirus lockdown measures.
Tahir Ali was also criticised as "totally irresponsible" by West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner, David Jamieson.
Mr Ali, elected to represent Birmingham Hall Green in December, issued an apology over the funeral on Wednesday.
He said he was at the Sutton Coldfield gathering only as an "observer".
Mr Ali reportedly attended two services that day, but has said he will "not be attending any other similar gatherings"...
West Midlands Police confirmed it was called to Sutton New Hall Cemetery following reports of a large crowd of people.
"On arrival, officers found approximately 15 people socially-distanced into family groups, therefore no action was taken," the force said.
Mr Jamieson issued a statement on Friday in which he said Mr Ali had been "undermining the work of the police" by attending.

"No action taken" after attending and pbserving. Just like Mr Cummings' case. NFA.

*** Edit for balance: some reports mentioned up to 100 people. The police said 15, socially distanced.

Some interesting speculation, commentary and analysis on the working of the Conservative Party and how the DC incident could play out for Boris.

'When the Coronavirus began to bite back in March, the anguished e-mails did indeed begin streaming in, and Conservative MPs were suddenly all over Rishi Sunak. The Chancellor was forced to follow up his Budget on March 11 with a second major financial package on March 19 and a third on April 3 – plus a further series of tweaks, adjustments and changes, including furlough extension.

'The language in parts of the Treasury about the propensity of Tory MPs to panic as the constituency pressure mounts has to be heard to be believed. This takes us back to the future of Cummings. Those e-mails and Facebook pages teemed yesterday; those activists rung and texted – and so on. The boiling water may not simmer down over the next few days.

'The 1922 Committee’s executive hasn’t yet decided whether or not to meet virtually this week. That fact presents Boris Johnson with a choice. He can gamble that it won’t. Or that if it does, the discussion it has about his adviser – for one is certain to take place if there is a meeting – is inconclusive, or pulls any punches it might be minded to deliver. The latter is the most likely course of action if the executive meets: one source on the committee says that “I’ve never known us resolve anything formally”.

'None the less, punches will certainly be thrown in Cummings’ direction in such an event. Three of the 16 MPs who have come out against him are on the executive: Steve Baker, Jason McCartney and William Wragg. So if it meets, those punches aren’t pulled, and the committee formally resolves that Cummings should go, a trial of strength opens up between the Prime Minister and Conservative backbenchers. Again, Johnson could gamble that, in these circumstances, the executive would back down. But if it didn’t, he would be in very serious trouble. Ultimately, a Conservative leader operates with the consent of Tory MPs. The ’22 is a bit like the Canadian mounties: it always gets its man. Or woman: after all, it eventually did for Theresa May, only a year or so ago.'

Last edited:
This Cummings stuff is a lethal distraction at a time where our industries are literally on the edge of a precipice - Aston Martin and Jaguar/Landrover are in BIG trouble with J/L alone needing 2 Bn quid! - Aston Martin have only sold 500 ish cars this year in total and that's just to name 2 companies - if BoJo does not open this economy asap then we are looking at a economic catastrophe that far outweighs the impact of CV - those saying that you cant put a price on a human life are talking absolute bollocks! the PM & business leaders desperately need to brief the people about what we are walking into. The death and infection rate is now 'manageable' - every hour we now waste arguing about Cummings is literally destroying hundreds of UK citizens lives and our childrens futures
Oh indeed, but unfortunately it is precisely because Labour have no answers that Cummings is a distraction. It’s now not so much that his scalp should or shouldn’t go, it a matter of the Political Capital Labour can make. The simple answer is a trade off. Kinnock, and the other two MPs in return for Cummings IF we are going to be scrupulously fair. This will then remove the regulations from the issue. But I can’t see Smarmer wearing that as his majority will dwindle and Cummings isn’t an MP.
in terms of The economy, the real problem is the fact that the selling of cars like that is very tactile, it’s not an internet thing. If , of course the principle of Lockdown becomes non discretionary , people won’t go anywhere and that mixed message is already out there, like you can go, but locally won’t be welcomed, there’s little point in going.
to a point, those futures are already decided.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Some interesting speculation, commentary and analysis on the working of the Conservative Party and how the DC incident could play out for Boris.

'When the Coronavirus began to bite back in March, the anguished e-mails did indeed begin streaming in, and Conservative MPs were suddenly all over Rishi Sunak. The Chancellor was forced to follow up his Budget on March 11 with a second major financial package on March 19 and a third on April 3 – plus a further series of tweaks, adjustments and changes, including furlough extension.

'The language in parts of the Treasury about the propensity of Tory MPs to panic as the constituency pressure mounts has to be heard to be believed. This takes us back to the future of Cummings. Those e-mails and Facebook pages teemed yesterday; those activists rung and texted – and so on. The boiling water may not simmer down over the next few days.

'The 1922 Committee’s executive hasn’t yet decided whether or not to meet virtually this week. That fact presents Boris Johnson with a choice. He can gamble that it won’t. Or that if it does, the discussion it has about his adviser – for one is certain to take place if there is a meeting – is inconclusive, or pulls any punches it might be minded to deliver. The latter is the most likely course of action if the executive meets: one source on the committee says that “I’ve never known us resolve anything formally”.

'None the less, punches will certainly be thrown in Cummings’ direction in such an event. Three of the 16 MPs who have come out against him are on the executive: Steve Baker, Jason McCartney and William Wragg. So if it meets, those punches aren’t pulled, and the committee formally resolves that Cummings should go, a trial of strength opens up between the Prime Minister and Conservative backbenchers. Again, Johnson could gamble that, in these circumstances, the executive would back down. But if it didn’t, he would be in very serious trouble. Ultimately, a Conservative leader operates with the consent of Tory MPs. The ’22 is a bit like the Canadian mounties: it always gets its man. Or woman: after all, it eventually did for Theresa May, only a year or so ago.'

I think he should announce that the allegations will be investigated. Mr Lees has said that his search of a numberplate is proof. I wonders what else his PEDS would reveal.

It’s amusing that although from day one the guidance allowed for travel for care or medical reasons it’s seems that those who oppose Cummings or Brexit are unable to remember it. :)

Caring for others
You can also leave the house to care for elderly or vulnerable people, such as dropping shopping or medication at their door, as long as you have no coronavirus symptoms, no underlying health conditions, are under 70 and are not pregnant. More advice on caring for others can be found here. You should not share a car with anyone you do not live with.

Seems clear, those with symptoms, should not be travelling to help the vulnerable.

He appears to have shown humility and honesty by immediately apologising and not just mugging people off.
But he should be resigning for breaking the lock down. It’s unpardonable, humility doesn’t save lives and he has mugged off everyone who didn’t vote for him. ... now where’s the MSM... I want a furore, oh I forgot Austria is in the EU and can do no wrong. I suspect you’re rather more interested in the power of Smug superiority.

DC helped engineer an 80-seat Tory majority - albeit he had significant help from Corbyn - so no wonder they hate him.
I think you give him far too much credit. What engineered an 80 seat Tory majority was the frustration and fury of the British public with parliamentary inertia.

Nigel Farage withdrawing candidates from marginal seats also gave them a massive leg-up.

But he should be resigning for breaking the lock down. It’s unpardonable, humility doesn’t save lives and he has mugged off everyone who didn’t vote for him. ... now where’s the MSM... I want a furore, oh I forgot Austria is in the EU and can do no wrong. I suspect you’re rather more interested in the power of Smug superiority.
I for one haven’t called for the sacking or resignation of Cummings, as far as I remember.

If Cummings had immediately apologised and been honest, I for one would have forgotten about this and thought great, he looks a bit more trustworthy. Instead he basically said that he doesn’t really care what others think and then BJ states that it’s all about instinct now. Completely blowing the message out of the water.

This could have been put to bed with more emotional intelligence.

Latest Threads