Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Well, so it starts. Boris has hitched his wagon to a senior member of his team. Not a bad thing in normal circumstances, but corrosive when he has stated his support for someone who was "following his instincts" rather than following the rules as laid out by themselves.

We can all follow our own instincts, Boris, and then what happens to your rules?

A good start at setting things off to unravel. Remind the public, Boris, why they need to abide by the rules. You've just told them that it's ok for them to follow their instincts. Good luck with the future plans.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
But only if you have a collossally arrogant streak that says little people's rules don't apply to you.
Although Boris talking about a "fathers instinct" is quite amusing, as the only "fathers instinct" he has shown is the urge to get as much blonde totty pregnant as possible without his unfortunate wife finding out.
Re your last sentence: bonking as much blonde totty, what is wrong with that? Are you batting for t'other side? Plus, he's divorced, about to get married for the thirteethty time though.

Oh well, so much for Boris's Churchillian moment.

Rode in on the crest of a wave, but currently, having made a rare appearance, trying to do a King Canute (or should that be a Right Royal Cnut?) and hold the waves back.

Corbyn made Boris look good but the waffling and now discredited by his own words Trump-Lite truth economiser has to deal with Starmer.
Starmer'll quite rightly cut through the shameless shield of waffle, wielding the mother in law's tongue sharp sword of public opinion.

Oh bugger.

What dirt does Cummings have on Boris - other than the shagging an' that?
Not a fan, then.

Well, so it starts. Boris has hitched his wagon to a senior member of his team. Not a bad thing in normal circumstances, but corrosive when he has stated his support for someone who was "following his instincts" rather than following the rules as laid out by themselves.

We can all follow our own instincts, Boris, and then what happens to your rules?

A good start at setting things off to unravel. Remind the public, Boris, why they need to abide by the rules. You've just told them that it's ok for them to follow their instincts. Good luck with the future plans.
All going south. Not that there appears to have been much trust before, but it seems the political defence of the indefensible is widening the divide between the CS and the people they're meant to be constructively working with.

'Following Boris Johnson’s defence of Dominic Cummings at the Downing Street coronavirus briefing, the official UK Civil Service Twitter feed sent out the message: “Arrogant and offensive. Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?”

'The tweet was removed within about 10 minutes of first appearing on the micro-blogging website, but not before it had been shared by around 1,000 users and liked by more than 30,000. It was not immediately apparent how the message got onto the Twitter feed, which has a blue tick to indicate it is verified, and features on the civil service website. But a government spokesman confirmed that the message was "unauthorised" and said an investigation had been launched.'

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The next laugh will come from Brussels when they think Boris is being weakened by the Press. Might have done with Theresa but Boris is made of sterner stuff.

Still, as I say, it will be good for a laugh.

Sentinel

Old-Salt
On Thursday I attended my grandmothers funeral. There were only four of us and I couldn't even hug my mother when she was in tears. Yet Dominic Cummings breaks the lock-down and gets away with it. He should resign immediately.

daz

LE
On Thursday I attended my grandmothers funeral. There were only four of us and I couldn't even hug my mother when she was in tears. Yet Dominic Cummings breaks the lock-down and gets away with it. He should resign immediately.
Apart for the small detail that he followed the rules, as noted before in this thread about needing family support and childcare

Given that none of your circumstances bear any relation to those surrounding Cummings, I fail to see the reason for your bitterness.

Unless you're going for the 'rich toffs' angle?

Sorry for your loss.

Apart for the small detail that he followed the rules, as noted before in this thread about needing family support and childcare

Why couldn’t his child have been collected and given the childcare by the family who were going to do it anyway in Durham and left the 2 infected adults to self isolate in safety as the guidance states?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Why couldn’t his child have been collected and given the childcare by the family who were going to do it anyway in Durham and left the 2 infected adults to self isolate in safety as the guidance states?
Are you making a "Why couldn't he" list to post at boring intervals?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am really sorry for your loss, particularly hard at present.

The Churchillian part of the PM's conduct of the Covid crisis is, PRECISELY this: sticking to his guns when others tell him he's wrong; ignoring the press and the concept of temporary popularity; sticking with talented bur unpopular subordinates.

Churchill wasn't seen as great at the time.

Boris has to stick to his guns now or, very early on, he's hostage to the whims of the press and to his backbenchers.

anglo

LE
This is harassment now
Protesters set up camp outside Dominic Cummings's home and blast Boris Johnson's 'stay at home' speech on a huge screen
28765424-8352057-image-a-25_1590323432014.jpg
28766978-8352435-image-a-9_1590334120757.jpg

Apologies, my phone sometimes doesn’t delete drafts and then includes it in the next post. Annoying.
Yes I get that also and find that if one clears the box then attempts to post an empty message, it clears it - after giving you a wee bollocking for posting an empty message.

Apologies if I'm asking the bleedin' obvious, but are you using the
Screenshot_2020-05-24 Boris - The Prime Minister.png
button in the toolbar?