Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
He still broke the regulations by making an unnecessary journey.
Indeed. Possibly the reason why Durham police took no further action is that Cummings justified his travel as being necessary and reasonable:

Go and look it up yourself I’m not going to hold your hand for you. It is well documented that Government representatives stated, when questioned about Cummings whereabouts, that he was self-isolating at home. He wasn’t, he was 300 miles from home.
No, I will not look it up myself: you are the one who made the sweeping statement regarding a cover-up. Thus, it is up to you to support that statement.

Will you do so?

. . . and, much like Twitter posts, numbers increase exponentially to the increase of repeated posts-it seems that the distance from Durham to London is increasing by magnitude. For instance, Durham is now 300 miles distant.

1. Is this an accusation that I refuse to accept that others may think differently?

2. It is an echo chamber, exactly because you and your pals refuse to accept that others may think differently.
1. Not at all, I seriously doubt anyone on here thinks exactly the same on all issues and your posts obviously accept many others take the opposite view to you on any number of issues.

2. The only echo in here is from those who lose arguments accusing those who criticise their views/disagree with their opinions claiming an echo chamber. In regard to thinking differently, see my first point, made many times actually by me and others.

A free bit of advice, take it or don't. If you wish to challenge a view or convert others to your views or opinions, get off your soap box and debate instead of haranguing

Why is it that the BBC and now even the DT require the opinion of Alastair Campbell on any event? Quote from BBC today -

Alastair Campbell, former press secretary to Tony Blair, has given an outspoken response to news of Dominic Cummings' lockdown trip to County Durham in March.

Why is it that the BBC and now even the DT require the opinion of Alastair Campbell on any event? Quote from BBC today -

Alastair Campbell, former press secretary to Tony Blair, has given an outspoken response to news of Dominic Cummings' lockdown trip to County Durham in March.
He has a track record for making shite smell like roses ?

I suspect it might have something to do with the phone not ringing as much as it used to do.

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
I think Corbin should be locked up for not sectioning his brother (who should have been locked up for breaking Coronavirus rules on demos).Perhaps some of the Lefties on here moaning about Dom could explain why Peers? isn't behind bars?

Meanwhile on BBCParliament, the state of the parties

Labour 75. -4
Cons. 59 +7
SNP getting a drubbing

Suspect this was around 3am on fri 5th may 1979. Continues for hours yet

Very different coverage in those days, imho much better

He has a track record for making shite smell like roses ?
Amazing isn't it - two of the UKs biggest liars get lots of airtime and think their opinion counts. Alastair Campbell lied to get the country into a war and Piers Morgan lied about the actions of its troops once they got there. Yet they both have no shame pontificating to the rest of the country about the actions of others.

Amazing isn't it - two of the UKs biggest liars get lots of airtime and think their opinion counts. Alastair Campbell lied to get the country into a war and Piers Morgan lied about the actions of its troops once they got there. Yet they both have no shame pontificating to the rest of the country about the actions of others.
Paints a grim picture of the media in the UK

I think Corbin should be locked up for not sectioning his brother (who should have been locked up for breaking Coronavirus rules on demos).Perhaps some of the Lefties on here moaning about Dom could explain why Peers? isn't behind bars?
I'm moaning about Dom and also think that the book should've been thrown at Piers Corbyn as well.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
He still broke the regulations by making an unnecessary journey.

Go and look it up yourself I’m not going to hold your hand for you. It is well documented that Government representatives stated, when questioned about Cummings whereabouts, that he was self-isolating at home. He wasn’t, he was 300 miles from home.
Remember, this all happened nearly 2 months ago, so quite odd that it pops out the bottle late last night. With regards a Govt cover up, I dont know as I was not there, but it would be hugely risky, ney stupid, to do so knowing full well he's driving up the M1. Or, perhaps he told Boris, 'think the wife's got the virus, so I'm off home to self isolate', Roger, see you in 14 days. And when the Govt gave that statement it was in good faith?

Saw this elsewhere and sums it up for me

The guidance states:

“If you are living with children. Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible. What we have seen so far is that children with coronavirus (COVID-19) appear to be less severely affected. It is nevertheless important to do your best to follow this guidance.”

So under the guidance he was in a position of being unable to follow the guidance to the best of his ability and needed, alongside his unwell wife, the importance of their son. That, for me, equates to exceptional circumstances. They would not have known if they would have ended up in hospital and as any parent would wish to ensure the safety of their child.

There will those that say "well his wife only had mild symptoms" unless they are fortune readers and both parents are unwell with no idea of what the next phase will be, I suspect most responsible parents would have done the same to ensure their child was safe

How many other families have done the same and yet there is no screaming about them doing the same thing?

No idea, it does have a certain air of wibbling incoherence about it.
Yes that's what set me thinking, some parts quite lucid and other parts WTF?!

What is a sock account ?

Googled it, but still don't understand, who you think I am? I don't post often but i'm pretty consistent in my views including those above
Funny old game isn't it? The only people claiming to not know what a sock account always seem to be sock accounts. Just like despite joining last month they all seem to be experts on what x or y poster said in 2012.

Latest Threads