Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
You can't sack her, and yes I am disappointed that she did what she did, she doesn't get an out because of who she is and she has gone down in my estimation because of it. Like I sad anybody who flouts the lockdown should be taken to task for it and where they can be replaced should be.
Why are you posting using a sock account?

Agreed. Morally, he's no different a position to that of the senior medical bod in Scotland's who got caught out several weeks back and had to fall on her sword.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Well maybe a touch different. She got bored on a weekend and travelled a couple of times to her holiday home in a different county, 45 miles away, with her entire family. All the while being the public face of an administration preaching stay at home.

He thought he and his wife might have C19, which might possibly lay them up quite badly, and went to his parents so they could look after their child for them if it did. All the while staying in a different building (so I’ve read). Also he’s never been the public face of any message on C19 from the government. Just an advisor.

So maybe a stretch to say no different.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You can't sack her, and yes I am disappointed that she did what she did, she doesn't get an out because of who she is and she has gone down in my estimation because of it. Like I sad anybody who flouts the lockdown should be taken to task for it and where they can be replaced should be.
You would rather a 94 year old woman should have stayed in the danger zone?

I have followed the guidelines since they came out but not completely. I have a friend who has mental health issues and does not mind living alone but could not handle the being alone that lockdown has brought. I have visted them to give them some support, have also taken them into my house to sleep over as they could not stay on their own. All of this against the goverment CV-19 rules but welcomed both by my friend and by the clinical support they are getting.

There are rules, but there are also genuine reasons for not following these riles completely.

Having your bidie-in visit for a bit of horizontal exercise as per Prof Fergusson or visiting your second holiday home as per Prof Calderwood in Scotland were not, IMO, good reason to break the rules. It looks as though Cummings does have legitimate reasons for breaking the rules.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I have followed the guidelines since they came out but not completely. I have a friend who has mental health issues and does not mind living alone but could not handle the being alone that lockdown has brought. I have visted them to give them some support, have also taken them into my house to sleep over as they could not stay on their own. All of this against the goverment CV-19 rules but welcomed both by my friend and by the clinical support they are getting.

There are rules, but there are also genuine reasons for not following these riles completely.

Having your bidie-in visit for a bit of horizontal exercise as per Prof Fergusson or visiting your second holiday home as per Prof Calderwood in Scotland were not, IMO, good reason to break the rules. It looks as though Cummings does have legitimate reasons for breaking the rules.
In light of this scandalous revelation, will you resign from not being a Mod?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
[
Aye, he was too sick to look after a child, but not too sick to drive 300 miles.

Even, if you swallow that, there is still the question of why the Government lied about him ”isolating at home”.
You would rather he waited until he and his wife were too ill to drive and leave the three year old to look after himself? Your hate for the Tories is showing, hitch up your drawers!

The most legitimate reason, is that he is a tory appointee, and therefore untouchable.

That’s the real reason that the majority on here are digging deep for excuses.

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
Why are you posting using a sock account?
What is a sock account ?

Googled it, but still don't understand, who you think I am? I don't post often but i'm pretty consistent in my views including those above

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The most legitimate reason, is that he is a tory appointee, and therefore untouchable.

That’s the real reason that the majority on here are digging deep for excuses.
For once you have posted a truthful post. Your one and only reason for castigating Cumming is he is a Tory appointee.

Well done! God know why you are allowed to vote!

You would rather he waited until he and his wife were too ill to drive and leave the three year old to look after himself? Your hate for the Tories is showing, hitch up your drawers!
Are you trying to tell me that there aren’t alternatives that can be arranged in London? Seriously?

What I hate is the hypocrisy. You and your pals are scraping the bottom of every available barrel to excuse him, including ignoring that the Government lied a out his whereabouts.

If it had been an SNP advisor, you would be first out with the pitchfork calling for his head.

For once you have posted a truthful post. Your one and only reason for castigating Cumming is he is a Tory appointee.

Well done! God know why you are allowed to vote!
It’s the only reason you’re defending him. My reason for castigating him is that he broke the rules - the same reason that Durham Constabulary warned him.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Are you trying to tell me that there aren’t alternatives that can be arranged in London? Seriously?

What I hate is the hypocrisy. You and your pals are scraping the bottom of every available barrel to excuse him, including ignoring that the Government lied a out his whereabouts.

If it had been an SNP advisor, you would be first out with the pitchfork calling for his head.
Or her head even, a la Dr Calderwood, an SNP appointee, who was genuinely sacked/resigned.

anglo

LE
It’s the only reason you’re defending him. My reason for castigating him is that he broke the rules - the same reason that Durham Constabulary warned him.

So are you saying that everyone who breaks the lockdown rules should lose their job

DarkBrig

Old-Salt

I assume your friend is not part of the organisation, that brought in or is promoting the lock down, people are flouting it all the time and it gets me annoyed but not as annoyed as those in positions of responsibility who flout it. Also I don't think I'm posting shite and I'm me, nobody else.
I knew when I put my t shirt on backwards this morning there was going to be an argument, I just assumed it would be with the wife not some random blokes on the internet.

Last edited:
I think your opinion on PP is based on your own work background as the majority are not paying a lot of attention tomillegals at the moment.

As for Rushi taking us in to debt, WTF did people expect FFS! This country is getting denser and denser being led by a moronic media.
I know that, you know that, but MSM is prepared to twist that to frankly it’s Labour policy And they support that. Merkel has pulled one out of the hat with the ECB in terms of debt sharing, but there will be a quid pro quo that Macron won’t like, namely the EU will become beholden to Germany. Thus for all Macron’s manipulation to get control of the ECB the balance of power is now shifting away from France.
Of course I’m critical. The military has been shafted but not slaughtered. Critical revenue has been lost through a diminuition of Customs work on pointless mantras and it cannot be regained. Basically with the cost base for the NHS has gone up and there’s nothing that can be done because it’s now about wants not needs.

If that’s true about the BTP copper, then he should resign too, and so should hid boss - Priti Pratel.
Not true at all. Just made up for this thread to deflect from Cummings... oh wait, what’s this I see on the BBC...

Edinburgh Live

By the way, the Home Secretary (regardless of party in power) is not ‘his boss’. Funny that eh, with British Transport Police not being a home office force. Still, don’t let that get in the way of your outrage.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Well maybe a touch different. She got bored on a weekend and travelled a couple of times to her holiday home in a different county, 45 miles away, with her entire family. All the while being the public face of an administration preaching stay at home.

He thought he and his wife might have C19, which might possibly lay them up quite badly, and went to his parents so they could look after their child for them if it did. All the while staying in a different building (so I’ve read). Also he’s never been the public face of any message on C19 from the government. Just an advisor.

So maybe a stretch to say no different.
Bit daft though, giving the press all that ammunition. They have been gunning for him since before the election, and I though he was clever enough to know that and keep his head down whilst continuing to give excellent advice to the Government.

As to Blackford the 'simple Scottish crofter' moaning about rich people - a look at his interests suggests that whilst he isn't in the same league as Keir Starmer, he owns more millions than I ever will.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

It's alleged he broke the rules, but you knew that of course. Edit, wait what's this
Oh dear.

Latest Threads