Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Double standards are very much in play.

The Conservatives were amongst the loudest voices calling for Caulderwood to be sacked, which she was, but not only is shagger resisting sacking Cummings, but he and the entire Government covered up Cummings breach of the rules, claiming he was at home, when they must have known he had been warned by the Police.

Of course, this is only to be expected as exactly the same double standards were involved with Jenrick’s breach of the lockdown as well. There wasn’t much pressure from the media, as nobody really knows who he is.
Get off your high horse. Never heard you or your SNP pals shouting for the head of Scottish Division BTP after his 3 trips to Yorkshire.

2 observations here:

1. Why would Durham Police 'give their version'? Are they giving evidence to The Court of Public Opinion?

2. Durham Police have confirmed that, ' . . . Durham Police confirmed officers had spoken to the owners of an address after its officers were made aware on 31 March of reports a person had travelled there from London.

A spokesman said that owners of the address confirmed the individual "was present and self-isolating in part of the house", and officers "explained to the family the guidelines around self-isolation and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel
".'

Further, Ian Blackford has begun sniping from the moral high ground when referring to Cummings as ' . . . rich and powerful . . .'. I find it slightly uncomfortable that Blackford has access to Cummings' bank account and investment details.

Also, there's further stretching of events whereby several news organs are reporting that Cummings was spoken to by Durham Police. My Point 2 would suggest that the owner of the property was the only person spoken to.
Ok, well, that’s the IF resolved.

It’s all down now to a party who’s double standards included calling for Caulderwood’s resignation while covering up for Cummings.

Get off your high horse. Never heard you or your SNP pals shouting for the head of Scottish Division BTP after his 3 trips to Yorkshire.
I seem to remember your high horse position when it was Caluderwood getting the slagging. Different position now that’s a tory appointee.

double standards right enough.

If that’s true about the BTP copper, then he should resign too, and so should hid boss - Priti Pratel.

I seem to remember your high horse position when it was Caluderwood getting the slagging. Different position now that’s a tory appointee.

If that’s true about the BTP copper, then he should resign too, and so should hid boss - Priti Pratel.
You will point to where I said he shouldn't resign?

I posted it in the Scottish Politics thread last week.

You will point to where I said he shouldn't resign?

I posted it in the Scottish Politics thread last week.
I never claimed you didn’t. I don’t read everything in that echo chamber.

Perhaps it’s escaped you that the British Transport Police comes under the Home Office and not the Scottish Government.

So, I’m looking forward to the “witty” meme from the tory answer to WoS - UaS - about the tory coverup of Cummings breaking the rules he dictated to Johnson.

Strong the "grr" in this one is.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I was going to write a long post about cummings and his rule flouting, however , you have said exactly what I was going to. I don't care what party he represents, anyone in a position of prominence who flouts the lockdown should be sacked or have the decency to resign. I fail to see any justifiable excuse when the country is in lockdown for anyone to think they don't have to follow the rules. It just shows an utter contempt for the public.
So you agree that Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Phil the Greek should be sacked? How about her son who flew to Balmoral when he was confirmed with CV-19?

I never claimed you didn’t. I don’t read everything in that echo chamber.

Perhaps it’s escaped you that the British Transport Police comes under the Home Office and not the Scottish Government.

So, I’m looking forward to the “witty” meme from the tory answer to WoS - UaS - about the tory coverup of Cummings breaking the rules he dictated to Johnson.
Deluded.

And if it was a Labour government in power at this time and a senior Labour adviser who was stopped and questioned by Police for breaking quarantine of course all here would be rushing to his defense.

Cant have it both ways.
Not this callsign. I have a contempt for all heaven-born elitists who believe that have a right to disregard the rules that they really do consider to be intended only for the small people. Boris and Dominic (does anybody actually know what his politics are?) are just two of the most recent examples.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Heard the outrage from the fat controller from the SNP on the news on the radio about Cummings and yet he wasn't calling for the sacking, last week, of the BTP Scottish Division to be sacked when he travelled from Glasgow to Yorkshire 3 times during the lockdown.
Fattie was on BBC breakfast being interviewed by Naggin Munchetty. It was, for once, a balanced interview. Fatie was allowed to have his rant then Nagging fed him the facts and he visibly deflated on screen and his hectoring tone changed. Great viewing. Unfortunately the interview went on long enough for him to recover his bluster by the end. Not a good interview by Fattie and, again for one, well done Naga.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Also a mistake but with the potential to embarrass the prime minister. Might have been best for Boris to sack him when it came to light. An example to other party leaders perhaps?

Sacking him now will be seen as weakness and does the man on the Clapham Bendybus really care either way?

I would suggest that as the "man on the Clapham Bendybus" has been stuck in his home for weeks without being allowed outside then he should be building a good head of indignation at the moment, but you're probably right.
Would you have made yourself available to look after his three year old son?

Fattie was on BBC breakfast being interviewed by Naggin Munchetty. It was, for once, a balanced interview. Fatie was allowed to have his rant then Nagging fed him the facts and he visibly deflated on screen and his hectoring tone changed. Great viewing. Unfortunately the interview went on long enough for him to recover his bluster by the end. Not a good interview by Fattie and, again for one, well done Naga.
Which fattie do you mean? Boris Johnson?

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
Would you have made yourself available to look after his three year old son?
I must have missed something why couldn't he look after his own son

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
So you agree that Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Phil the Greek should be sacked? How about her son who flew to Balmoral when he was confirmed with CV-19?
You can't sack her, and yes I am disappointed that she did what she did, she doesn't get an out because of who she is and she has gone down in my estimation because of it. Like I sad anybody who flouts the lockdown should be taken to task for it and where they can be replaced should be.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
[

"A source close to Mr Cummings denied a breach of the coronavirus rules, saying the couple needed childcare help. "
Aye, he was too sick to look after a child, but not too sick to drive 300 miles.

Even, if you swallow that, there is still the question of why the Government lied about him ”isolating at home”.

Latest Threads