Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

NSP

LE
I said it earlier on but the current Mayor looks like death warmed up slightly. He looks much worse that Boris did when he was discharged from Intensive Care. I wonder if Sadiq will last to the next election and if he will stand. He looks as though he is on his last legs. This is from a screenshot from Good Morning Britain - I have cut Piers Moron out!

View attachment 475283

Not one to inspire me to vote for him had I lived in Londonistan.
I imagine he is relieved the election has been put back a year as it gives him another year sucking at the public teat.

Based on what a lot of London-based callers who actually work for a living have been saying about him on air one could be forgiven for thinking that he is somewhat unpopular!

A
I imagine he is relieved the election has been put back a year as it gives him another year sucking at the public teat.

Based on what a lot of London-based callers who actually work for a living have been saying about him on air one could be forgiven for thinking that he is somewhat unpopular!
Should be interesting when his little booby traps for the next incunbent are ticking away and he's still on the Number 57 asking for tickets*

* Other means of payment are apparently available.

philc

LE
So Cummings is finished if true, can’t have different rules, stupid if true.

Public will not wear that, he is history.
Is he an elected member of the government? No. Is he elected by anyone? No. Is he an employee? Yes. Since this 'incident' occurred a couple of months ago has his boss sacked him? No. Is there an anti government agenda behind this which is why it's being dragged up now? Very probably.

philc

LE
Is he an elected member of the government? No. Is he elected by anyone? No. Is he an employee? Yes. Since this 'incident' occurred a couple of months ago has his boss sacked him? No. Is there an anti government agenda behind this which is why it's being dragged up now? Very probably.
Immaterial, he is part of the inner circle that has told the country, stay at home, dont travel, he then went on and did the exact opposite. Another example of the them and us ruling class, the sort of thing this administration does not want to appear as if it wants to repeat the results of the last election.

Of course its anti government, pro Brexit papers reporting it and his actions allowed them to do so, even more foolish.

Immaterial, he is part of the inner circle that has told the country, stay at home, dont travel, he then went on and did the exact opposite. Another example of the them and us ruling class, the sort of thing this administration does not want to appear as if it wants to repeat the results of the last election.

Of course its anti government, pro Brexit papers reporting it and his actions allowed them to do so, even more foolish.
He is simply an adviser, not on SAGE, not a medical or epidemiology expert. I can't imagine the PM or the cabinet being interested in his advice when they have experts in those areas. The PM employs him for advice on a variety of matters, it is up to the PM whether he acts on that advice or not, decisions made by the PM are his decisions and not one of his flunkies as he carries the responsibility. Seems to me that if the PM had lost confidence in the abilities of one of his employees he'd have sacked him. I'm not quite getting why knickers are getting twisted here.

He is simply an adviser, not on SAGE, not a medical or epidemiology expert. I can't imagine the PM or the cabinet being interested in his advice when they have experts in those areas. The PM employs him for advice on a variety of matters, it is up to the PM whether he acts on that advice or not, decisions made by the PM are his decisions and not one of his flunkies as he carries the responsibility. Seems to me that if the PM had lost confidence in the abilities of one of his employees he'd have sacked him. I'm not quite getting why knickers are getting twisted here.
Oh that's quite simple he's a conservative adviser but I think people are losing sight of the fact that simply sacking Cummings is hardly an issue for exactly the reasons you've shown. I suspect a far more prestigious scalp would be Priti's, but that said HO was always a poisoned chalice. I expect to see her gone in the not too distant future

More pearls clutched; hankies twisted tighter.

The country is in the midst of this century's greatest crisis, let's get some bloke sacked because he works for Boris.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh that's quite simple he's a conservative adviser but I think people are losing sight of the fact that simply sacking Cummings is hardly an issue for exactly the reasons you've shown. I suspect a far more prestigious scalp would be Priti's, but that said HO was always a poisoned chalice. I expect to see her gone in the not too distant future
Expect to see P Patel gone soon? Why?

There is you suggesting this, others have said Hancock is finished and others claiming Boris will be gone by Christmas.

I think this is all just wishful thinking!

Some posters are making out that the Tories are in crisis like May's government was from the start. IMO, this government has produced the goods on Brexit and continue to do so, have dealt with Covid-19 well, using the national wealth to help cushion the effect of the drastic lockdown, have used clinical advice to make decisions and have performed way better than a Labour government under Corbyn would have done - note Corbyn was unable to make decisions, which would have been disastrous.

No, this government has done well given the tools they had at hand.

What they need to do now is weather the shit-storm coming from the pious know it alls in media and opposition parties who will use their perfect hindsight to highlight every small issue, even if there was no way of seeing the issue at the time.

The country is in the midst of this century's greatest crisis, let's get some bloke sacked because he works for Boris.
Exactly my feelings on this. The MSM really are not helping the country at all as a YouGov poll finds as well:
1590217351269.png

Polyester

Old-Salt

There is you suggesting this, others have said Hancock is finished and others claiming Boris will be gone by Christmas.

Some posters are making out that the Tories are in crisis like May's government was from the start. IMO, this government has produced the goods on Brexit and continue to do so, have dealt with Covid-19 well, using the national wealth to help cushion the effect of the drastic lockdown, have used clinical advice to make decisions and have performed way better than a Labour government under Corbyn would have done - note Corbyn was unable to make decisions, which would have been disastrous.

What they need to do now is weather the shit-storm coming from the pious know it alls in media and opposition parties who will use their perfect hindsight to highlight every small issue, even if there was no way of seeing the issue at the time.
If only there were more likes to give.

I expect because he is an advisor to the hated Tory Government, the Media wolves are now at the door, demanding his resignation. This will no doubt give the BBC a new stick to beat the Tories throughout today. If he is still in post come the daily briefing later, I expect I could predict Question 1 from the fragrant Laura. As I am still boycotting the TV News, I’ll keep watch on here for updates! Thanks in advance.

philc

LE
And if it was a Labour government in power at this time and a senior Labour adviser who was stopped and questioned by Police for breaking quarantine of course all here would be rushing to his defense.

Cant have it both ways.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder if there will be any mention of the Queen moving to Windsor after her son caught the ghey, oops, Covid-19 and Prince Philip being flown by helicopter from Norfolk to Windsor?

I'm not saying they shouldn't have been, quite the opposite, but it was agin the lockdown rules.

Priti has a problem and it's the increase of rescuees from the channel, which is effectively landing us with a bigger problem at this particular time. Moreover it seems the FO hasn't stepped forward to do it's job with France. I'm not privvy to how many have been sent back on a weekly basis, but the news outlets are not making a meal of highlighting how many are. Given the current stage of Hostilities between us and Macron [sic the EU] she isn't coming out of this well. It seems Rishi is being targeted by the press for the level of debt during this period which is taking the taking the pressure off her. I would broadly agree with your sentiments but it's impressions that matter not the truth.

Heard the outrage from the fat controller from the SNP on the news on the radio about Cummings and yet he wasn't calling for the sacking, last week, of the BTP Scottish Division to be sacked when he travelled from Glasgow to Yorkshire 3 times during the lockdown.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Priti has a problem and it's the increase of rescuees from the channel, which is effectively landing us with a bigger problem at this particular time. Moreover it seems the FO hasn't stepped forward to do it's job with France. I'm not privvy to how many have been sent back on a weekly basis, but the news outlets are not making a meal of highlighting how many are. Given the current stage of Hostilities between us and Macron [sic the EU] she isn't coming out of this well. It seems Rishi is being targeted by the press for the level of debt during this period which is taking the taking the pressure off her. I would broadly agree with your sentiments but it's impressions that matter not the truth.
I think your opinion on PP is based on your own work background as the majority are not paying a lot of attention tomillegals at the moment.

As for Rushi taking us in to debt, WTF did people expect FFS! This country is getting denser and denser being led by a moronic media.

Latest Threads