Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Spot promotions by e.g. A General can only be referred to same before any demotion can take place.

Can't quote whether that's current, nor whether it was courtesy/convention rather than QRs

Good timing but no. The vultures are starting to circle now that the shambles that Boris and the government have made of COVID is becoming clearer. The rumblings have been apparent for a week or so now.

When was the last time we seen or heard from him? He's been found out. They'll push him out and a December resignation with a 'health' related concern is my guess.
Well on the showing of GMB this morning, I think the attempt has already started. I think the electorate will make up it's own mind. The spinning of the care homes issue and that of testing are taking off. I've written it all down in my little book which is how I de -stress when the MSM is on a particularly pernicious assault. Even La Reid doesn't get off the hook and I give her plenty of leeway. Morgan is now calling the Government Liars even if the record shows they are far from it. Moron is todays Smarmer's Bessie:toilet:

NSP

LE
PMQs might be interesting today...

Rod Liddle nails it in his piece in the Sunday Times today:

Paywalled, so here's the relevant paragraphs:
Looks like the day of reckoning has arrived, one way or t'other.

'The prime minister will find out at lunchtime if he faces a criminal investigation into his relationship with American entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri when he was mayor of London. The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is set to reveal this afternoon its long-awaited decision on whether Johnson its possible to investigate him over a possible criminal offence when she received was awarded public money and access to trade trips when he was London mayor.'

'The prime minister will find out at lunchtime if he faces a criminal investigation into his relationship with American entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri when he was mayor of London. The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) is set to reveal this afternoon its long-awaited decision on whether Johnson its possible to investigate him over a possible criminal offence when she received was awarded public money and access to trade trips when he was London mayor.'

There's a vast difference between being investigated and convicted. It's also more likely political interests can drive an investigation than it can a prosecution.

Oyibo

LE

Jumping the gun somewhat - deciding 'whether it's possible to investigate him' is a long way from him being found guilty of a criminal offence.

And why is the IOPC even getting involved?

He was in charge of overseeing the policing of London in his last job as Mayor.
There is an Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime that he was apparently supervising.
Bit of a tenuous link for an investigation though, wouldn't expect too much to come out of it considering.
A bit like Tony Blair and his cash for honours investigation, it all depends on who is writing the report.

Niamac

GCM
Ultimately people pull together when the chips are down.
Strange really. Since Winston Churchill is Johnson's lode star and the first thing Churchill did when faced by the disaster in France in 1940, was to pull Atlee's Labour party into the War Cabinet. Of course no one in their right mind would want Corbyn in any position of power due to dithering incompetence. Now Starmer, he's probably quite competent.............ah wait a minute, I see the problem.

Why is the IOPC investigating Boris? Is he a copper? A long-lost brother-in-arms for @wetsmonkey?

The public demand answers.
Apparently, it’s because he was The Mayor of London, and therefore the PCC of The Met. That’s what I have heard.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why is the IOPC investigating Boris? Is he a copper? A long-lost brother-in-arms for @wetsmonkey?

The public demand answers.
He was in charge of overseeing the policing of London in his last job as Mayor.
There is an Mayor's Office for Policing and Crime that he was apparently supervising.
Bit of a tenuous link for an investigation though, wouldn't expect too much to come out of it considering.
A bit like Tony Blair and his cash for honours investigation, it all depends on who is writing the report.
He was also in charge of TfL, should he also be investigated by TravelWatch?

He was also in charge of TfL, should he also be investigated by TravelWatch?
If TravelWatch go after him, these bad boys (oh OK, and girls and other non-specified gender variations) will be all over it like a badly-cut suit:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I said it earlier on but the current Mayor looks like death warmed up slightly. He looks much worse that Boris did when he was discharged from Intensive Care. I wonder if Sadiq will last to the next election and if he will stand. He looks as though he is on his last legs. This is from a screenshot from Good Morning Britain - I have cut Piers Moron out!

Khan.jpg

Not one to inspire me to vote for him had I lived in Londonistan.

I said it earlier on but the current Mayor looks like death warmed up slightly. He looks much worse that Boris did when he was discharged from Intensive Care. I wonder if Sadiq will last to the next election and if he will stand. He looks as though he is on his last legs. This is from a screenshot from Good Morning Britain - I have cut Piers Moron out!

View attachment 475283

Not one to inspire me to vote for him had I lived in Londonistan.
His dad was a bus driver, you know.

Latest Threads