Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
May I commend to The House the remarks of the Hon and Gallant Members from Llareggub West and Auchtermuchty & District respectively, as attributed to those notables by Hansard above.

( Wotdemsed )

Last edited:
The sanitised BBC version.
In the original of Under Milk Wood it is spelled as Llareggub*.

*Read backwards to see why the 1950s BBC censored it.
I know that, but the original was Llaregyb, because in Welsh ‘y’ is pronounced ‘u’, and vice versa ( if I have remembered correctly my Welsh lessons from a very long time ago).

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
The sanitised BBC version.
In the original of Under Milk Wood it is spelled as Llareggub*.

*Read backwards to see why the 1950s BBC censored it.
Mr Squeaker, I am as ever grateful for the correction offered by my Honourable and Learned friend the member for Queensbury & Raistrick Withal, and have placed a redacted copy in the Library of the House.

I know that, but the original was Llaregyb, because in Welsh ‘y’ is pronounced ‘u’, and vice versa ( if I have remembered correctly my Welsh lessons from a very long time ago).
ETA: I’ve just looked at the Wiki entry and that gives ‘Llaregub’.
However, my English master for ‘O’ Level had known Thomas and gave us that version, adding that even people at the BBC could spot the reverse word, but they didn’t spot it with the ‘y’. Makes sense.

Got ours as well. I told the wife to be careful as he might have licked the envelope.She actually thought about it.
I chucked mine straight into the recycling bin as the bastard didn't even know my name.

Apart from the fact that the press gave the full text of the letter last week.

Get well soon Boris, you've actually kickstarted things after May's pathetic tenure.

Sunak has announced yet another package , this time to save charities , £750M .
Am I the only one thinking that more people will die of shock when they get next year's tax bill than will be killed by this poxy virus ?

Mr Squeaker, I am as ever grateful for the correction offered by my Honourable and Learned friend the member for Queensbury & Raistrick Withal, and have placed a redacted copy in the Library of the House.
‘Squeaks’ was the previous Black Rod.
Other than that I thang yow.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Apparently all living former PMs except John Major have wished Boris well.

We probably shouldn't be surprised.
Just picture poor wee John Major, the grey man, sitting by his phone, Skype set up by his grandkids, waiting for the media to get in touch - and all he hears is silence! ;)

BobbHope

War Hero
Guido has another update on Boris' condition. The good news is that according to the Times, his temperature is normalising. The not so good but inevitable news is that he will be out of action for weeks. I suspect that he will be determined to get regular briefings and try to have some involvement but he will need recovery time.

View attachment 463770

PM Likely Out of Action for Weeks - Guido Fawkes
A Dr on This Morning, this morning, explained that a day of intubation or induced coma equates to one week of convalescence. Quite a different scemario.

Just picture poor wee John Major, the grey man, sitting by his phone, Skype set up by his grandkids, waiting for the media to get in touch - and all he hears is silence! ;)
Even Edwina doesn’t call him nowadays. Yesterday’s man in every sense. After his behaviour prior to the last General Election and the shenanigans around Brexit he deserves to be cast into Historical oblivion.

Sunak has announced yet another package , this time to save charities , £750M .
Am I the only one thinking that more people will die of shock when they get next year's tax bill than will be killed by this poxy virus ?
I am having to wonder if Corbyn has suddenly taken over and Abbott has given the Money Tree a thump with her ample backside. The costs are just sky-rocketing. Money is being found for pretty much any request. I hope that the taps for Overseas Aid have been turned off while this is going on (a bit wishful thinking to hope the taps are off permanently as the snowflakery individuals "Haven't gone away y'know")

At least those people squealing about being abandoned in Peruh on thuh Gap Yah are being made to pay for the flights back home.

There is going to be a lot of work in years to come for beancounters in the Treasury to dream up ways of getting this money back after this monster Giveaway....

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am having to wonder if Corbyn has suddenly taken over and Abbott has given the Money Tree a thump with her ample backside. The costs are just sky-rocketing. Money is being found for pretty much any request. I hope that the taps for Overseas Aid have been turned off while this is going on (a bit wishful thinking to hope the taps are off permanently as the snowflakery individuals "Haven't gone away y'know")

At least those people squealing about being abandoned in Peruh on thuh Gap Yah are being made to pay for the flights back home.

There is going to be a lot of work in years to come for beancounters in the Treasury to dream up ways of getting this money back after this monster Giveaway....
It's not that bad, just like when the Tories take over after a period of Labour occupation of No10! :)

Nay sir, he is of course not sitting by the phone.

He’s currently self-isolating at Lord’s Cricket Ground, watching the game on his Field of Dreams.

I'm old enough to remember things like a penny on a pint of beer, wine going up as well as cigarettes etc. Going forward I can see that sort of thing happening again plus increases in taxes on air fares, insurance, car tax, road tax, fuel and some weird treasury idea of clawing back money from businesses and individuals who partook in the governments cash giveaway.