Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
His behaviour amidst this pandemic has being nothing short of a a hyperbolic disgrace..
You say that as though this is a change in his behaviour!

Morgan is an egotistical spotlight seeker, and I can't see that changing soon.

On a show noted for recipes, womans issues and other sexist stuff :). He was supposed to be the old fashioned bore of the show and I think its intentional, to have that buffoon to counter-weight the semi-serious of the ladies.... But amidst a crisis its not appropriate and the time for stupidity and time for seriousness, is something his bosses should be getting a grip of him, or binning him off.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
On a show noted for recipes, womans issues and other sexist stuff :). He was supposed to be the old fashioned bore of the show and I think its intentional, to have that buffoon to counter-weight the semi-serious of the ladies.... But amidst a crisis its not appropriate and the time for stupidity and time for seriousness, is something his bosses should be getting a grip of him, or binning him off.
He won't be binned as he is controversial and brings in viewers because if that. Number of viewers = advertising revenue so unless the numbers drop he is safe (unless he disses someone like The People's Princess :rolleyes: )

Agreed, but Caesar's wife must be above suspicion. It's difficult enough to get some of the morons up here to obey the social distancing rules without the CMO breaking them herself.

Personally, I would have accepted a public Mea Culpa and let her continue with her role, since no one was questioning her competence, only her poor judgement.
What which was exactly the first instinct of Nippy Sweetie – competence and advice from the lady comes first.
Then others got in her ear with things like: “think of the optics in the media First Minister”.
Cue end of high-profile role, and probably Damehood, for Mrs Calderwood.

I think it’s more likely that it was a local who took the pictures and contacted the Sun. I can’t really believe that there are Sun journalists who could find Fife on a map.
The villages of the East Neuk of Fife have been largely bought out as weekend homes by the wealthy from Edinburgh, which has left a substantial amount of resentment in what is left of the local population. Similar to what has happened in places like Cornwall. Plus, I expect they were hoping for, and probably got, a payout from the rag for the exclusive.
Possible, but I would suggest more likely to have been an underling who took offence at something the lady did or said.

"Treat me like that, you bastard? OK. let's see how you like this......"

Possible, but I would suggest more likely to have been an underling who took offence at something the lady did or said.

"Treat me like that, you bastard? OK. let's see how you like this......"
The two aren't necessarily exclusive, of course...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The Piers Morgan that caused an increase in attacks on British Soldiers in Iraq thanks to him publishing fake pics of prisoner abuse you mean?

That Piers Morgan?
No matter how many times this is brought up it still makes my piss boil. Keep on doing it at every opportunity, lest we forget.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Good good. Just like to be clear.

You can take him or you can leave him, but you cannot prevent an involuntary heartbeat of joy at the idea of Jeremy Clarkson decking him.
Clarkson received an invitation to our WOs & Sgts Mess on the strength of his pugilistic skills. We got a polite letter expressing thanks for the invitation but the lightweight's funky pleaded a busy filming schedule.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

If only someone could somehow harmonise the spotlight to a rifle....

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
There are those on here who follow his protege like lovestruck teenagers, hanging on his every tweet....
Yes, depressing isn't it?

Personally, I find it's a useful self-checker. I don't watch Morgan on TV, and apart from reports and links on here and Guido, I have little idea what the scummy stirrer says from day to day. However, when I do see / hear /read him saying something that I would normally agree with, it immediately makes me think "Hang on - if that twat is saying this, how can it be right?" If after a re-evaluation I still agree, I put it down to stopped clock syndrome.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Boris must be getting better as I have just had a letter from him telling me all about Coronavirus. Isn't that nice of him when he is poorly! :)

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Boris must be getting better as I have just had a letter from him telling me all about Coronavirus. Isn't that nice of him when he is poorly! :)
Spooky! He sent us one as well.

Hypocrite! I bet you never said that when that nice David Cameron sent us all a letter (and a leaflet) back in 2016! :smile:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hypocrite! I bet you never said that when that nice David Cameron sent us all a letter (and a leaflet) back in 2016! :smile:
Didn't need the loo paper so much then. Mind you, Boris's letter is more for spreading than wiping!

Latest Threads