Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
TBH, I'd given JC the benefit of the doubt. I do use the term ' thinking of someone ' when I wish them better.
Wot no praying for them? ;-) Thoughts & prayers.

Truxx

LE
It has ben good to see various leaders of foreign countries wishing Boris a speedy recovery.

It has been good to see the various political party leaders around the U.K. wish Boris a Spe recovery.

It has been good to hear various U.K. MPs wishing Boris a speedy recovery.

Then of course there is Jeremy Corbyn. If his words mentioned on various ARRSE threads are correct he never actually wished Boris a speedy recovery, but chose to praise the NHS after saying he was ’thinking’ of Boris.

Maybe posters here cut short what Corbyn said, and he did say more, including wishing Boris a speedy recovery.
I have spotted Ms Sturgeon being quite statesperson like.

Much as it pains me to say she has done quite well.

They should make better use of social media to bypass the legacy media. That way the message they want to be received can make it to the intended audience intact without being manipulated by biased and corrupt media.
Not everyone has a Twitter or Facebook account: conversely, most people have either a radio, TV or both.

. . . plus I'm a touch concerned that you believe social media is unbiased, uncorrupt and secure enough to handle the information.

Slime

LE
I have spotted Ms Sturgeon being quite statesperson like.

Much as it pains me to say she has done quite well.
Fully agree, but with the one caveat that she shouldn’t have publicly tried to save the job of her virus adviser.

Slime

LE
It is probably unwise to use arrse as a primary source on matters surrounding Comrade Corbyn.
To be honest, I was referring to his supporters who had used his own words to support him.
If his own supporters are not to be trusted to stick up for him that’s not good :)

Slime

LE
all platforms.

Including text messages.

Another really strong avenue is local media, always forgotten in Whitehall.
On a positive note. many popular online games played by kids or the younger generation are to have messages slipped into them.

Sorry I don’t have any proper details as I only caught a small portion of the radio article that mentioned it today.

Fully agree, but with the one caveat that she shouldn’t have publicly tried to save the job of her virus adviser.
Ah you obviously have not seen her latest. She told her to resign.

ACAB

LE
@dave8307, I hope you have your percentages wrong.
Ex Lionheart involved 131000 pax which would required 13100 deaths to cancel it.

Even at a 1% casualty rate that would have required 1310 deaths.

It was a bloody long time ago but ISTR being told that exercises (such as Ex Packsaddle in the late eighties) would be cancelled when the deaths hit double figures.
He is wrong, last I heard it was the exercise would stop when 10 troops had died. - not 10 %

Slime

LE
Ah you obviously have not seen her latest. She told her to resign.
Bearing in mind both things were said at the same time, I’d say yes I did see it.

Edit.
I didn’t say she saved the job, but merely referred to her publicly trying to save it.
She should have skipped the early defence.

Bearing in mind both things were said at the same time, I’d say yes I did see it.

Edit.
I didn’t say she saved the job, but merely referred to her publicly trying to save it.
She should have skipped the early defence.
Yes it was confusing, she supported her, doing a great job 24/7 (except for weekends from her but n ben), no need for sackings during a crisis. Then she reluctantly accepted a resignation. Next thing she was the one that told her to resign, hhhhmmmm!

Yes it was confusing, she supported her, doing a great job 24/7 (except for weekends from her but n ben), no need for sackings during a crisis. Then she reluctantly accepted a resignation. Next thing she was the one that told her to resign, hhhhmmmm!

I put a post up when it happened

The SCMO told wee Nippy she went to her 2nd home on 1 occasion, wee nippy backed her up at this point, they then went into a press conference and the SCMO blurted out she had been to her 2nd home on 2 occasions.

Wee nippy then sacked the SCMO firstly for going against her own advice and secondly for lying to wee nippy

Archie

Slime

LE
To be honest, I suspect on reflection Sturgeon would have loved to have handled it differently. But clear vision in hindsight is all too easy to achieve.

I personally think the adviser would have been under immense stress. We all mess up from time to time so I would have preferred her to have had a quick interview without coffee, Sturgeon to be ’seen‘ to condemn what the advisor had done, them somehow let her carry on being useful somehow.

Slime

LE
Add in to the above.
This is a situation that none of us have had to deal with before (yes, obvious I know).
This initial loyalty from Sturgeon is probably admirable, and in a totally different league to the way Labour stuck up repeatedly for Kieth Vaz.

Slime

LE
I put a post up when it happened

The SCMO told wee Nippy she went to her 2nd home on 1 occasion, wee nippy backed her up at this point, they then went into a press conference and the SCMO blurted out she had been to her 2nd home on 2 occasions.

Wee nippy then sacked the SCMO firstly for going against her own advice and secondly for lying to wee nippy

Archie
Good points. I hadn’t even considered your final sentence

Maggie kept Peter Carrington (correction below, but principle valid) in post until the conflict was done, then allowed his resignation to take effect. He felt he had not done enough to prevent it all, and she felt his experience and knowledge was best to get through.

This health lassie had not given bad advice, and her resignation should have been accepted in the same manner. Conceding to the mcmeejah and, yes, other parties is effectively cutting off her nose to spite her face.

I don't want to see so much of wee screechie, but this is about the only serious foot wrong she has put thus far.

Correction - this was John Nott. Thanks to Sid and Doris Bonkers for loan of their brain cells.

Last edited:

Slime

LE
Maggie kept Peter Carrington in post until the conflict was done, then allowed his resignation to take effect. He felt he had not done enough to prevent it all, and she felt his experience and knowledge was best to get through.

This health lassie had not given bad advice, and her resignation should have been accepted in the same manner. Conceding to the mcmeejah and, yes, other parties is effectively cutting off her nose to spite her face.

I don't want to see so much of wee screechie, but this is about the only serious foot wrong she has put thus far
I’m pretty tired here right now due this bloody virus.
Given time I could have come up with stupid actions from all parties, It’s just that right now Vaz was the stand out example of someone who didn’t deserve party loyalty. )

Whilst wishing our Prime Minister a swift and complete recovery, so that he can ‘take back control’, it’s been bugging me for sometime who the under the weather Boris reminded me of. The penny dropped today.
226A30AB-109F-4C23-BA74-02E6A59850FD.jpeg
F32F2F42-A11F-4637-8477-79B702A63E37.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
And perhaps shouldn't set up her own response to coronavirus, rather join in with Westminster's.

She constantly pretends that Scotland isn't part of the UK , as if she believes it will happen if she pretends hard enough.

And perhaps shouldn't set up her own response to coronavirus, rather join in with Westminster's.

She constantly pretends that Scotland isn't part of the UK , as if she believes it will happen if she pretends hard enough.
That is really bugging me - why is she conducting her own Press Briefings? It’s almost like they are in competition!

Slime

LE
That is really bugging me - why is she conducting her own Press Briefings? It’s almost like they are in competition!
She can’t join in, Scotland has its own NHS.