Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
unsurprisingly enough, every single person in the ICU at Cheltenham is obese and the nurses are unable to turn them over according to an undisclosed source whose brother’s daughter is a ward sister in there.

less fat people to sneer at..
That will please the poster who likes 'Sturdy' girls

By the way, "Leckhampton"

tgo

Old-Salt
This is the sort of thing that boils my piss. Account conveniently deleted now though... Why is it plod never get this sort for 'hate crimes' and the like.
mx9IMXBM.jpg

This is the sort of thing that boils my piss. Account conveniently deleted now though... Why is it plod never get this sort for 'hate crimes' and the like.View attachment 463223
Because presumably they're not pale, male and stale

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
This is the sort of thing that boils my piss. Account conveniently deleted now though... Why is it plod never get this sort for 'hate crimes' and the like.View attachment 463223
And her account has "disappeared"!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Latest news is that having been moved to hospital for 24 hour observation, Boris has now been moved to intensive care. Dominic Raab to deputise "where necessary"

Last edited:

Slime

LE
Bad news indeed that Boris has been moved to intensive care.

Let’s hope he’s not there too long, and starts to make some progress soon.

So who get's to be PM now?
As others have just said, Raab deputises for him. I suggested the likely process if it all goes horribly wrong a bit further up the thread; note that unlike in the US, there's no designated line of succession which (in theory) culminates with some exceptionally obscure member of the President's cabinet taking the reigns if it all goes horribly, horribly wrong.

We have been here before in a way - Churchill had a massive stroke in 1953, but the press barons of the day covered it up. Eden - who would have stepped in as the deputy, since he had been heir apparent to Churchill since no later than 1945 - was himself seriously ill after a botched operation, so the cabinet in effect ran the country between them, pretending that 'Winston has a heavy cold'.

The problem with Boris is that unlike Churchill, there's no evidence that he has a constitution which makes an Ox look puny. My concern would be that the move to intensive care is a sign that things are going downhill at a rate which has alarmed the doctors.

Slime

LE
While wishing Boris all the best, here is a bit of thread drift.

I was thinking about Boris being in hospital early this afternoon, and pondered on how his protection team will be facing a harder challenge to be around him while in a hospital during this Corona virus time.

They would also be an extra hurdle for the hospital to deal with.

As others have just said, Raab deputises for him. I suggested the likely process if it all goes horribly wrong a bit further up the thread; note that unlike in the US, there's no designated line of succession which (in theory) culminates with some exceptionally obscure member of the President's cabinet taking the reigns if it all goes horribly, horribly wrong.

We have been here before in a way - Churchill had a massive stroke in 1953, but the press barons of the day covered it up. Eden - who would have stepped in as the deputy, since he had been heir apparent to Churchill since no later than 1945 - was himself seriously ill after a botched operation, so the cabinet in effect ran the country between them, pretending that 'Winston has a heavy cold'.

The problem with Boris is that unlike Churchill, there's no evidence that he has a constitution which makes an Ox look puny. My concern would be that the move to intensive care is a sign that things are going downhill at a rate which has alarmed the doctors.
That is interesting in not having a line of succession. I agree about his health. But unless he is on a ventilator he is not at destination fucked status yet.

Latest Threads