Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
18 months is relatively new in the world of business. IMO. I'm sure it has taken that amount of time to get staff thinking 'Virgin' :)
I don’t think you’ll find there is any connection between Virgin Money plc and Virgin Holdings other than a licensing agreement to use the Virgin name.

Branson’s equity interest in Virgin Money was bought out by a whole share offer takeover by CYBG (which was wholly owned by National Australia Bank). CYBG (as in Clydesdale Yorkshire Banking Group) bought Virgin Money, not the other way round. NAB floated it as Virgin Money.

There is no corporate connection between Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Money.

No, the English pay a flat rate subscription charge. In no way does that reflect the true cost of the drug, let alone its logistic and dispensing cost.

If you want to see the true retail price of a drug, compare the price of a veterinary prescription for the same drug at the same pharmacy.
........I know I avoid Vets like the plague. But it’s a brutal truth. Medicine is not there for the sake of health. People do not study for altruism.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I don’t think you’ll find there is any connection between Virgin Money plc and Virgin Holdings other than a licensing agreement to use the Virgin name.

Branson’s equity interest in Virgin Money was bought out by a whole share offer takeover by CYBG (which was wholly owned by National Australia Bank). CYBG (as in Clydesdale Yorkshire Banking Group) bought Virgin Money, not the other way round. NAB floated it as Virgin Money.

You are trying to say they are no longer Virgins! Who is the cad who did the dastardly deed! :)

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I thought that the NHS only provided breast enlargement when they was a clinical need, identified by a Psychiatrist perhaps
Go full on fruitloop about how having too small/too big boobs is with the obligatory tears and sniffs, you'll get it done, mental or not!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
You are trying to say they are no longer Virgins! Who is the cad who did the dastardly deed! :)
That beardy Cnut Branson, in a balloon with his penis.

And that’s Cluedo.

Truxx

LE
That beardy Cnut Branson, in a balloon with his penis.

And that’s Cluedo.
I rather hoped his end would have been met with his head shoved down the bog of one of his west coast cattle train penolinos while the sneery voice in the bogs tells you all the things you should not shove down the pan

(Which I hasten to add spookily does not include Richard Bransons head)

Win win

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Even if you are a chap?
Especially so because you were clearly born the wrong gender.
Not sure how they did for gender back in the day as skeletons only show up as one of the two sexes.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
As it happens I think that they are regular providers of moobectomies. Especially as even chaps can get breast cancer.
Which is of course a right and proper life saving use of the resources of the NHS. As opposed to installation of pretend funbags to gender confused attention seekers, which whilst I have no real issue with morally, have no wish to fund via taxation.

Dr Death

Old-Salt
Go full on fruitloop about how having too small/too big boobs is with the obligatory tears and sniffs, you'll get it done, mental or not!
To some women having large breasts stop's them from being ms/miss/mrs average.
That said some also see it as their right even if it is not deemed to be cosmetically important.
Its a trend that Katie "Jordan" Price & others started, but then hers were done as she was getting in to films?

Niamac

GCM
Governments don't create wealth. They reduce it by taxation to get their cut.
That's true but Governments use our money to create the environment where wealth can be created. Perhaps too much or too little or just badly but that's politics.

To some women having large breasts stop's them from being ms/miss/mrs average.
That said some also see it as their right even if it is not deemed to be cosmetically important.
Its a trend that Katie "Jordan" Price & others started, but then hers were done as she was getting in to films?
XHamster is not really 'getting into films' is it.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Tool

LE

Correctomundo, except that CYBG was no longer owned by NAB (since 2016 if I remember). CYBG (Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank Group) was formed when NAB removed itself from the UK. CYBG then did an all-share purchase of Virgin Money, and are in the process of renaming all its brands as Virgin Money. "B" - the hipster banking branch sh*t formed by CYBG - has already disappeared. Virgin Atlantic remains, as does the bit of CYBG that can literally print money, as they are both different entities.

That's true but Governments use our money to create the environment where wealth can be created. Perhaps too much or too little or just badly but that's politics.
Ideally, yes. The reality is they're shit at it, as you say.

Correctomundo, except that CYBG was no longer owned by NAB (since 2016 if I remember). CYBG (Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank Group) was formed when NAB removed itself from the UK. CYBG then did an all-share purchase of Virgin Money, and are in the process of renaming all its brands as Virgin Money. "B" - the hipster banking branch sh*t formed by CYBG - has already disappeared. Virgin Atlantic remains, as does the bit of CYBG that can literally print money, as they are both different entities.
You are correct; the Virgin Money acquisition occurred after NAB de-merged and subsequently floated CYBG.

The core issue here though is that there is no corporate or financial connection between the Virgin Group and Virgin Money, just a licensing agreement. The same is true for Virgin Media (wholly owned by Universal Music Group) and Virgin Music (owned by Liberty). That is not true of most other Virgin brands, where Virgin holdings owns equity in the brand.

Virgin Atlantic is 49% owned by American Airlines, 31% by Air France-KLM and 20% by Virgin Group. Branson is not the sole owner of Virgin Group.

Thai rather illustrates the ignorance and stupidity of those who shout that Branson should put his hand in his pocket to bail out Virgin Atlantic.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I see this sort of thing a lot on here. How does a private sector business actually 'generate' income?
I know what you mean but I suspect that's shorthand for either generating export income or, for the majority of UK businesses, increasing the velocity of money, both of which drive the economy.

Latest Threads