Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
He probably knows more about what to declare than you or I do. And he only knows what you tell him.
She sees all the accounts, all the bank transactions :) Lying to your accountant is like lying to your doctor.

I just called a mate at Tesco Magor. The drivers rest room has had the furniture, such as it is, spread out a bit. That's it. No hand sanitiser or wipes are provided. Drivers cannot wait in their cabs so they are sometimes fairly crowded in there. I've cancelled my shift there for Saturday. There are plenty of other companies with a more responsible attitude.
Used to live near there.
Do Whitbread still have a brewery?

And less generous tax breaks in the future by the sound of it.
They don't need to change the tax rules. Just ban cash payments to self employed people and make sending and receiving them criminal offences. Few well publicised cases to encourage the others and all the sparkies, plumbers etc struggling by on £15k a year would soon see an instant boost in earnings to 4 times that.

Just be grateful that Boris is in charge. Look at what has crawled out of the woodwork.

I would love to know what Midarse (everything that he touches turns to shite) had on Blair to stop him from being sacked back in 97.
I asked a couple of people, reasonably close to things, about this.
Two theories: Blair was timid about it.
And/or, he took the old LBJ approach: better to have him inside the tent pissing out, rather than…

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
All these contentions about tax rules and so on - do you think the Corona virus will destroy the financial system?

But he told us he had “Saved the world” in 2008.
I was tempted to start a separate thread with it. Call it "Gordon Brown wants a World Government", or something similar. The trouble was where to put it. CA would initially seem the best place, and even ViroBono wouldn't have objected. The Covid forum would also make sense. However considering the nature of the man and the regard with which he is held on this site, Int Cell or even the NAAFI Bar might have been appropriate. However I have no doubt that wherever I originally posted it, it would very soon end up in the Hole where he undoubtedly belongs.

Just be grateful that Boris is in charge. Look at what has crawled out of the woodwork.

I would love to know what Midarse (everything that he touches turns to shite) had on Blair to stop him from being sacked back in 97.
Thankfully, once this virus has been expunged and the country readies itself to recover and become a leading financial beacon for the world, we'll at least have our Gold Reserves to help bump-start the whole process.....

..oh... hang on...

She sees all the accounts, all the bank transactions :) Lying to your accountant is like lying to your doctor.
In your case, yes, the bloke who fixed my fence earlier this year and was paid cash, less so.

All these contentions about tax rules and so on - do you think the Corona virus will destroy the financial system?
No. But it will expose a lot of folks native, foreign and illegal truck surfers who have been paying in nothing or way less than should be. When the state has to bring the big fiscal guns out those who have failed to contribute but still want help can't expect business as usual in the future.

When business starts bringing big bucks in after all this finishes, like they were before, it’s totally reasonable that they pay something back into the pot to help re establish fiscal normality.

They don't need to change the tax rules. Just ban cash payments to self employed people and make sending and receiving them criminal offences. Few well publicised cases to encourage the others and all the sparkies, plumbers etc struggling by on £15k a year would soon see an instant boost in earnings to 4 times that.
If you're ripping off the Vat, your ripping off the tax simple as- I would be hugging myself at HMRC as the tip offs come flying in to nobble each other. Huge fun.

Truxx

LE
Some awkward conversations to be had. 'I can't live on that.' 'Well according to your criminally enforceable declarations you've been living on that for years.' 'Right well yeah but er...feck.'
My business has made little in the last 3 years. A move into a larger premises, lots of machine tools and a particularly large loss due to a slimy client.

I have lived on my pension.

My business has made little in the last 3 years. A move into a larger premises, lots of machine tools and a particularly large loss due to a slimy client.

I have lived on my pension.
But that's legit ups and downs of business life. Not the widespread practice in many self employed trades in declaring at best one in two contracts.

Used to live near there.
Do Whitbread still have a brewery?
There is a brewery there, not sure of its Whitbread though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Truxx

LE
But that's legit ups and downs of business life. Not the widespread practice in many self employed trades in declaring at best one in two contracts.
But dsepending on their returns they will get help whereas I will not. At the same time I will be paying rent to someone getting help.

Interesting stuff and no wonder it took a while - there are more variations thsn you cqan shake a stick at.

Here is one - what is the difference between a small business (promised help in the budget) and self employed?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P COVID-19 377
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 29
G Classified Ads 33

Latest Threads