Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Truxx

LE
I have drivers delivering in to London hospitals (various) who have been instructed not to turn up tomorrow without face masks
Thanks to a very fast acting hygiene supervisor in the factory we'll have drivers provided with the necessary for deliveries tomorrow morning.

Not entirely sure what some people in these hospitals would be eating tomorrow had we not sourced some but never mind
Meanwile I am told that there is very large Tesco distribution depot up in Scotlandland where they are still insisting that drivers stay in the crowded restroom while the trailer is loaded rather than in their cabs.....

Last edited:
On the subject of facemasks our local Taliban* hand car washers were sporting facemasks today. By the end of what turned out to be a warm day the facemasks were worn on their foreheads.

* They are actually Iraqi Kurds and a grand bunch...

Scaffolders often hook their expensive scaff hooks in to their expensive harness rather than to an anchor point.... i think a lot of people think wearing PPE is tthe same as wearing PPE properly.

Meanwile I am rtold that thwre is ver large Tesco distribution depot up in Scotlandland where they are still insisting that drivers stay in the crowded restroom while the trailer is loaded rather than in their cabs.....

Indeed. But RDC's are always run by *********. I believe there is a law requiring them to be morons too.
DVSA had to issue guidance last week about RDC's barring drivers from using the toilets. Pertinent question being "how do you expect a driver to wash his hand on your site if you exclude him from the facilities?"

Truxx

LE
Scaffolders often hook their expensive scaff hooks in to their expensive harness rather than to an anchor point.... i think a lot of people think wearing PPE is tthe same as wearing PPE properly.
Don't Otherwise you will get me going on Hi Vis vests

Very early one morning I was walking across the yard of a well known Consett based haulage contractor. Oi said the bloke on the gate - you should be wearing a high vis vest he said.

Well you saw me I replied.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Never watch Sky News............but I can google.
Just had a look at the photo on the link BL put up and it looks like the sainted Beth is giving Juncker a "helping" hand(job)! :)

Beatles walt
still memorable though. Mind I didn't think much of the beatles or pop singers when I first heard them as a boy of 10- it's funny how certain qualities grow on you. The wife Likes them though. I'm a tad more eclectic-I currently hooked on a record I bought a few years ago in a charity shop called Schwannengesang- Swan song which is like 17th century Plainsong. Lovely tones.

wheel

LE
Did well at PM questions as was asked 'when are the self employed getting free dosh' at least 3 times during the period I can stand to watch.
Same bone questions from JC (he was allowed 15) asking what was Boris going to do about large families in small flats or apartments. Hopefully that will be his last appearance as leader of the opposition in parliament.

still memorable though. Mind I didn't think much of the beatles or pop singers when I first heard them as a boy of 10- it's funny how certain qualities grow on you. The wife Likes them though. I'm a tad more eclectic-I currently hooked on a record I bought a few years ago in a charity shop called Schwannengesang- Swan song which is like 17th century Plainsong. Lovely tones.
Most of my music I never heard until I became an Old Git, some I remember from my youth, some of what I had I've lost over the years and can't remember it, did I mention as well as being old I'm also senile :)
1585165302161.png

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Not that far - I don't watch Sky News and don't think I would recognise Ms Rigby with or without mask!
Does any intelligent person get their news from the TV? The rigour of the medium can be gauged from the old saying "If it bleeds it leads".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P COVID-19 357
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 29
G Classified Ads 33

Latest Threads