Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I read it. It tells me nothing.
Broadcaster who was only there because of his father has views.
Wowee.
Portillo put it much better.
The bbc has become irrelevant.
It is openly anti Brexit, anti BJ, anti Trump, anti democracy and anti the majority of Britain.
It now openly tells lies about the above, it always has had opinionated broadcasters but now only from the hard left.
Take away the first b from its title because it hasn't been for a while and make the licence fee optional.
I always thought that his brother was the better of the two. I've just looked them up on Wikipedia and apart from a brief spell as a freelancer in the 60s David Dimbleby has always worked for the BBC. Jonathan Dimbleby has worked for both the BBC and ITV, although mainly for ITV. With ITV being commercial I suspect that there are fewer places for the incompetent to hide than in the BBC.

Which doubtless they accompanied with a picture of Boris.

Are you aware that the sales of many newspapers are very much influenced by the pictures and headlines on the front page? There are still those who will run any story that can be accompanied by a picture of Princess Diana as it is guaranteed to boost sales. The Mail have probably worked out that a BJ story gets them increased sales.
It just doesn’t fit in with the usual DM demographic.
Non DM readers of an anti BJ persuasion aren’t going to buy The DM just because of the front page.

It just doesn’t fit in with the usual DM demographic.
Non DM readers of an anti BJ persuasion aren’t going to buy The DM just because of the front page.
It's neither those who always buy their paper nor those who never buy their paper that they are trying to persuade. You don't seem to understand that not everyone falls into one of those two categories.

It's neither those who always buy their paper nor those who never buy their paper that they are trying to persuade. You don't seem to understand that not everyone falls into one of those two categories.
Exactly, I’m neither left wing or a DM reader. I’m probably left of plenty on here but definitely right of centre.

My point being, people who are anti BJ are unlikely to buy The DM just because of the lead story.

For the 'Public Service Broadcaster', the BBC is out of tune with the 'Public' !

As for "The Legend", I can think of nobody who that sobriquet applies to less !

Arrogant, Rude, Loud, Arsewipe, Self-aggrandising all apply to Dumbledick !

His Dad was a "Legend",his brother self-effacing, a great pity he never picked up any of their traits.

Exactly, I’m neither left wing or a DM reader. I’m probably left of plenty on here but definitely right of centre.

My point being, people who are anti BJ are unlikely to buy The DM just because of the lead story.
Your point is pointless. They are trying to make money by selling newspapers. They don't particularly care who buys them, so long as someone does, and having a certain subject matter is guaranteed to get them extra sales.

No, be honest about it, your point being taking yet another opportunity to knock Boris or post negative things about him.

I think a point to note about the election and Brexit is that MSM never wanted either. They are the liberal elites who have little interest in upsetting the gravy train. Reading the eye over the last year, which incidentally I won’t stop doing, it’s clear that when conservatives do something underhand , it’s really the benchmark for the misbehaviour of the other parties, noteably it got more strident as the Blair years terminated. This is no longer a conservative country in essence and the applecart was not ours to over turn.
I noted the other night that If I really want to know what’s going on outside this country, the last thing I do is turn to the BBC, I had to turn, paradoxically, to Euro news. The beebs Motto is “Nation shall speak truth unto nation”, perhaps it aught to be added to, “unless it’s our own nation”. It has become it’s raisin d’etre, deciding to outrage us with docufactories about what we knew ten or twenty years ago in the hope that the failures they highlight can be pinned on Boris And his Tories. It’s really a damning indightment on an organisation which had such an effect on our generation.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The Daily Mail, are really sticking the boot into BJ at the moment. Why is that, have they suddenly turned against him?

I don’t traditionally see them as Pro BBC or anti BJ

Well if the PM has upset Dimbleby, he must be doing something right.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
No, be honest about it, your point being taking yet another opportunity to knock Boris or post negative things about him.
Looking at the recent posts of @wetsmonkey , if you replace the words "Boris Johnson" with " Kent Police", it's striking how similar they are in tone to those of @BounceBanana.

Pity really; he's always seemed to be pompous and humourless, but at least his posts used to be relevant and informative on a range of subjects, rather than tediously monomaniacal.

Looking at the recent posts of @wetsmonkey , if you replace the words "Boris Johnson" with " Kent Police", it's striking how similar they are in tone to those of @BounceBanana.

Pity really; he's always seemed to be pompous and humourless, but at least his posts used to be relevant and informative on a range of subjects, rather than tediously monomaniacal.
Can't argue that (in bold). Maybe something in his recent life has embittered him, apart from Brexit and Boris I mean and I hope he gets over it soon tbh.

Can't argue that (in bold). Maybe something in his recent life has embittered him, apart from Brexit and Boris I mean and I hope he gets over it soon tbh.
What you need to realise, is that I don’t write the articles about BJ which ridicule and criticise him, someone else does and millions of others agree with them. Probably his own party to a certain extent.
I just choose to post them into an arena where it is verboten to criticise BJ. At the moment, there is a strong sense of unity in the government, long may that last. However, I can see a time, when just like all other leaders, he will become open season to his opponents. The resignation of Javid could be the start and Cummings is a bigger story than BJ, that isn’t right.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P COVID-19 131
ExREME..TECH The NAAFI Bar 29
G Classified Ads 33

Latest Threads