Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Rather dependent on the quality of the opposition, I would say.

Looking at the present offerings, the Tories might have another ten years on top of your estimate, so long as they don't implode. Dealing early with a potential cause of intra-governmental dispute is to my mind the right thing to do to prevent that happening.

Hopefully it will stop the shouty-crackers "Senior treasury source" briefings on left wing-stylee tax hikes (mansion taxes etc) dead in their tracks as well...
Agreed. Any "out of band" brief gets the sack too.

Latest Whitehall rumour doing the rounds.....Bojo to become a dad due to Carrie coming out of hiding looking rather flushed & weighty.

That'll be another addition to the MILF's thread then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
From what I recall, @S11Blade is correct about your past opinions. The gloating delivery of your reply makes you seem rather an unpleasant character. What exactly do you gain from your interaction in these threads, that encourages you to engage in such a (frankly) annoying way?
I don't mind if you are annoyed and find gloating in things you read or imagine.

From what I recall, @S11Blade is correct about your past opinions. The gloating delivery of your reply makes you seem rather an unpleasant character. What exactly do you gain from your interaction in these threads, that encourages you to engage in such a (frankly) annoying way?
He is on his way to a bit of a wobble, he should see his repetitious behaviour as a warning sign himself but he chooses to ignore it. I hope he speaks to the Samaritans or another organisation as he has a lot of pressure and anxiety in his life.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
He is on his way to a bit of a wobble, he should see his repetitious behaviour as a warning sign himself but he chooses to ignore it. I hope he speaks to the Samaritans or another organisation as he has a lot of pressure and anxiety in his life.
Nonsense.

Because of the Coronavirus China built a brand new hospital from scratch in about a week. If we tried that it would take two years of a feasibility study and environmental impact assessment. Then there would be the process of inviting bidders to provide a competitive tender. Then there will be the pain of trying to get planning permission and fighting off the NIMBYs. Four years later when the first turf is finally cut and a newt is discovered the project goes on hold for another six years. That's if there's no discovery of a skellibob of some Saxon warrior which would then turn the site into an archaeological dig for the next ten years.
It doesn't sound like a hospital but deaths waiting room.
Most countries could knock that up if required pdq.
E2A @Themanwho beat me to it.

Latest Whitehall rumour doing the rounds.....Bojo to become a dad due to Carrie coming out of hiding looking rather flushed & weighty.

That'll be another addition to the MILF's thread then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
How many will that make now???

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't mind if you are annoyed and find gloating in things you read or imagine.
I’m sure you don’t. But let’s be honest, he’s not imagining things is he?

I think it says a lot about a blokes character.
I think it says a great deal about how pompous you are.

It probably says something about those who don’t care as well.
And you can tell a "blokes character" by what is said on the interweb?
Do you read tea leaves.
Any dolly pegs or lucky heather on the go?

Another way of looking at it is that SJ was setting aup a 'power-play' between number 10 and 11. (Not for the first time when one looks at the past 20 years.)

For my money, I am good with the PM asserting control over the Treasury - one cannot serve two masters (although I do acknowledge that balance is needed).
I am reminded of the tale from 1982 when Mrs T was setting up the War Cabinet in response to the invasion of the Falkland Islands. She took advice from Harold Macmillan not to include the Chancellor of the Exchequer. The basic premise being that the No11 tail should not wag the No10 dog.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads