Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Dominic Cummings is a Russian asset- dig around the internet for the facts on that. Boris is an idiot. The Attempt to selectively brief only certain media last week was a f*cking disgrace. Straight out of the Bannon playbook. and it'll only get worse.
Why aren't you using your normal account?

Looking for something else, I stumbled over this, which is interesting . . . .

Originally published by: The SUN , on 01 Octoebr 2019.

PM ALLEGATIONS

Who is Mary Wakefield? Dominic Cummings’ wife and Boris Johnson’s former colleague

JOURNALIST Mary Wakefield has denied being the second woman alleged to have been groped by prime minister Boris Johnson at a private dinner . . . .

Mary Wakefield is the commissioning editor of the Spectator magazine as well as the wife of Dominic Cummings, the Prime Minister's most senior adviser.

Wakefield worked at the Spectator during Boris Johnson's tenure as editor, which ran from 1999 to 2005 . .

1581675749305.png

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Agreed. Bojo wants (and needs) to be a transformational PM. Blair is on record that he didn't get the pain out of the way early and Brown was a f@@@ing great monkey on his back throughout his premiership. I doubt this is a lesson BoJo and Cummings will ignore... although the irony of Brown saving us from the Euro is rather delicious.
BoJo also has the problem that the Treasury was a hotbed of resistance to Brexit under Hammond. And has just come up with some outstandingly crap proposals such as the 'mansion tax'.

BoJo needs the treasury onside for Brexit, which suggest the new chancellor is going to have to sweep out a lot of deadwood and bring in people who'll make things happen; not obstruct them.

Wordsmith

Looking for something else, I stumbled over this, which is interesting . . . .

Originally published by: The SUN , on 01 Octoebr 2019.

PM ALLEGATIONS

Who is Mary Wakefield? Dominic Cummings’ wife and Boris Johnson’s former colleague

JOURNALIST Mary Wakefield has denied being the second woman alleged to have been groped by prime minister Boris Johnson at a private dinner . . . .

Mary Wakefield is the commissioning editor of the Spectator magazine as well as the wife of Dominic Cummings, the Prime Minister's most senior adviser.

Wakefield worked at the Spectator during Boris Johnson's tenure as editor, which ran from 1999 to 2005 . .

View attachment 449747

I would, bet she's a right dirty scutter

BoJo also has the problem that the Treasury was a hotbed of resistance to Brexit under Hammond. And has just come up with some outstandingly crap proposals such as the 'mansion tax'.

BoJo needs the treasury onside for Brexit, which suggest the new chancellor is going to have to sweep out a lot of deadwood and bring in people who'll make things happen; not obstruct them.

Wordsmith
" . . . the new chancellor is going to have to sweep out a lot of deadwood . . .".

i.e. . . . SPADS !!

Farage’s view on BJ’s Huawei decision. Seems a bit far fetched and hasn’t been picked up by any other commentators, so may be off target.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

Farage’s view on BJ’s Huawei decision. Seems a bit far fetched and hasn’t been picked up by any other commentators, so may be off target.
Yet here you are using it as part of your Boris is the Anti Christ schtick.

I thought the Huwai decision was made by May - hence social media awash with tenuous connections between her husband and the company

I thought the Huwai decision was made by May - hence social media awash with tenuous connections between her husband and the company
I’m fairly sure the final decision to allow Heuwei a 35% share was announced by BJ last week.

Surprised you haven't (yet) suggested Dominic Cummings ordered the PM to get it or that the Chinese genetically created it as a spying tool for inside No 10 :)
Don’t be silly. Cummings doesn’t need to order, he merely suggests.

Surprised you haven't (yet) suggested Dominic Cummings ordered the PM to get it or that the Chinese genetically created it as a spying tool for inside No 10 :)
Boris is the antichrist. Those puppies will be eaten at a celebratory dinner served up to the boss of Huawei.
....meths with milk and two sugars , please...

Going to possibly be shot down for this - but we could do with a bit of a dictatorship for a while.

Interestingly, BJ mentioned something recently that I'd thought about for a while now. One of the reasons why our infrastructure is in a mess is because we invented a fair bit of it, or at least employed it on an industrial scale first 150 odd years ago.

It's old - It's based on Victorian plans. It's easy for developing territories to implement because they start on a blank canvas, all the lessons have been learnt and technology can be chosen correctly. Also, many of these places have singular stable Governments that do as their told with 30 year strategies in place.

We need bold modernisation that will go beyond the remit of any usual 4/5yr term politics, or the next Twitter criticism as it seems today... Road, Rail & Bridges are easy - wait until the NHS gets tackled, as it sorely needs to be. I've been saying for years that it needs to be de-politicised, a Royal Commission put in place to develop a minimum 20 year plan with funding then allocated. Same for Education.

The only way we're going to get this is a very strong PM - whether or not BJ is that person? who knows, but I can tell you that if we don't take this opportunity with Labour in such disarray, we won't get it again for a very long time.

We need the natural party of leadership, the Tories, to just get on with it, with the natural party of conscience, Labour, to be a good strong opposition for checks and balances.

"The Thick of it" was not a comedy series but a docu-drama.

Anyhow, the only thing which surprises me is that anybody thinks the end result is a surprise and the likes of Preston shitting on about "chaotic reshuffle" make me want to. puke.

Boris has consolidated his power base and kneecapped those not wholly on message. It's called newly elected with a large majority and public favour (for the moment)

Note date on this:

I was thinking more yes Minister etc. But I have never trusted them one way or the other. I think this is short term, perhaps just for the trade negotiation period when centralisation would be an advantage. The point is that Johnno has in fact carried on with May's agenda in the sense that she wanted to cut Labour out of the equation in respect of the north. All they can do is bluster and complain.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
" . . . the new chancellor is going to have to sweep out a lot of deadwood . . .".

i.e. . . . SPADS !!
And mandarins. The treasury has always been opposed to Brexit. And given the financial control the treasury exerts over other government departments, the treasury has to be made Brexit supporting , or it will just delay/deny funding request for other government departments because many of the official involved don't agree with Brexit.

Wordsmith

Latest Threads