Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

ugly

LE
He doesn't 'interview', he questions, hence the fistful of paper ! Even Norman Smith could carry out an inquisition with a handful of questions and answers.

The likes of Robin Day, could interview with just a smile. Neill being "the best political interviewer in the UK" isn't saying a lot and, using a 'paper' to reitereate a 'challenge' is not only peurile but self-defeating for Neill !
I’ve said it before, it wasn’t long ago that Brillo was the butt of the jokes in the Eye

ugly

LE
If Boris gets returned as PM, as he should be, we are no doubt going to get five years of sniping at the Tories by the media, especially the BBC!
Time for the bbc to stand on its own merits and stop robbing the country to fund pop star wages for a corrupt celebrity culture

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
For someone who is being touted by all and sundry as untrustworthy, unfit to be PM, worst PM ever, threat to the working man, that is a pretty impressive set of achievements that he seems capable of completing!

If Boris gets returned as PM, as he should be, we are no doubt going to get five years of sniping at the Tories by the media, especially the BBC!
No change there then.

I see another ex-footballer pundit thinks his opinion counts.

Gary Neville, has laid the racist abuse in the Manchester Derby at the door of Boris Johnson !

Neville has accused Boris Johnson of ‘fuelling’ racism after a Manchester City fan was caught racially abusing Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

Neville believes the Prime Minister’s message on immigrants, which was reiterated during the political leaders debate on Friday evening, only aggravates racism in society and sport. ‘You’re watching the prime minister’s debate where he is talking about migration to this country and people coming into this country having to have certain levels. It fuels it all the time,!

Is it the name Gary or, the job of Football Pundit, that makes them think their comments carry weight ?

I also gather that 'the monkey' is an "Ex-Soldier" (Cheshires) and, served in N.I. ! I have no idea what bearing it has on him acting like a moron but, it appears MSM seems to think it's a valid comment ? :rolleyes:

I will give you one of the 'softest' interviewers going......David Frost !

In 1977, he got Richard Nixon, to apologise for Watergate and, incriminate himself in the process.

Frost was an 'Interviewer', never shouted, went red or,talked over, and yet managed to get Nixon to admit to a criminal act, that is.......class !

Neill, lives for confrontation, subtlety is always the winner.
Sir David Frost was a one off. He was interviewed by the idiot with a lisp whose name I cannot remember in about '97 and didn't run rings around him but simply stood still and let the idiot exhaust himself.
Like in the old days when I came up against any sort of decent squash player who simply stood where he was and left me a wringing knackered heap.
Pure class.

Last edited:
Sir David Frost was a one off. He was interviewed by the idiot with a lisp whose name I cannot remember in about '97 and didn't run rings around him but simply stood still and let the idiot exhaust himself.
Like in the old days when I came up against any sort of decent squash player who simply stood where he was and left me a wringing knackered heap.
Pure class.
Frost did his homework and I'm convinced he started his prep by considering firstly what he wanted to get out of his interviewee. His questions then started away from his area of interest and slowly, but steadily, he worked to his crescendo and normally speared his subject right at the end of the interview so what he set out to get stayed in the viewers' minds rather than any waffle.

Shame no-one carries on his good work today!

I see another ex-footballer pundit thinks his opinion counts.

Gary Neville, has laid the racist abuse in the Manchester Derby at the door of Boris Johnson !

Neville has accused Boris Johnson of ‘fuelling’ racism after a Manchester City fan was caught racially abusing Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

Neville believes the Prime Minister’s message on immigrants, which was reiterated during the political leaders debate on Friday evening, only aggravates racism in society and sport. ‘You’re watching the prime minister’s debate where he is talking about migration to this country and people coming into this country having to have certain levels. It fuels it all the time,!

Is it the name Gary or, the job of Football Pundit, that makes them think their comments carry weight ?

I also gather that 'the monkey' is an "Ex-Soldier" (Cheshires) and, served in N.I. ! I have no idea what bearing it has on him acting like a moron but, it appears MSM seems to think it's a valid comment ? :rolleyes:
Neville has a reputation - in addition to the more widely-known one of being a **** - for trade unionism within both the Manchester Utd and England camps.

When Rio Ferdinand forgot to turn up to a drugs test and received a ban as a result, Neville was advocating strike action by the England team; the subtext was that the response was along the lines of 'we like Rio, but you can **** off - we might lose our place and never get it back again'. He also, IIRC, was heard muttering about going on strike over some issue relating to the PFA (and was again chinned off).

It's pretty standard stuff from him, and he seems to be indulged by his employers - but as so many football fans despise him (still) he may have the reverse effect to that he intended ('if Gary Neville hates him, he must be alright///')

Apparently today Boris suggested that future BBC funding arrangements could come under some scrutiny.Perhaps this may focus the BBC minds a little more?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
...and appropriate. In the original film, the character Johnson is playing was trying to shag his mates wife
Actually he wasn't, quite the opposite, in the film he was telling her he loved her but she was now his best mates wife.

Still, that is the normal standard for anti Boris pro Corbyn misinformation!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
...and appropriate. In the original film, the character Johnson is playing was trying to shag his mates wife
Actually he wasn't, quite the opposite, in the film he was telling her he loved her but she was now his best mates wife.

Still, that is the normal standard for anti Boris pro Corbyn misinformation!
Come now chaps this is Arrse, discussing the finer points of a film called Love Actually is just, well it’s embarrassing pull yourselves together now.:heart:

Last edited:

daz

LE
The content is factually accurate.
That's debatable depending on who's side of the debate your on, what it is however, is cherry pick'd and spun as part of an anti Boris/Tory campaign.

Truxx

LE
It's true. But you really need to look at some of those old archived recordings, where a Mr Cholmondley-Warner type of BBC interviewer, dressed in a flannel suit, prostrates himself in front of the interviewee and allows him to dictate whatsoever he pleases without the fear of the merest hint of contradiction. As incisive as a scalpel made of chewing gum.

Thank Christ those days are gone.
You must have missed Robin Day, Brian Walden and even Jimmy bleeding Young at times then.

That's debatable depending on who's side of the debate your on, what it is however, is cherry pick'd and spun as part of an anti Boris/Tory campaign.
It's most of the lies spouted by Woeful Johnson lately.
Its not really debatable; they are lies or falsehoods.

...spun as part of an anti Boris/Tory campaign.
Easy target, mind. You can start with easy questions like:
"How many children have you got"
then
"Why are you scared of Andrew Neil" [1]
and possibly move on to tricky stuff like:
"When you promised your constituents that you'd lie down in front of the bulldozers before allowing a new runway at Heathrow, did you mean it, or was it just as likely as you dying in a ditch?"

[1] Easy one, that. Because Andrew Neil is sharp enough to make Boris look like a bluffing twat who doesn't actually know his stuff, but sounds really good when he's inventing whatever will get him a few more votes.

Latest Threads