Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I will now step back, awaiting the usual flak for daring to voice here an opinion that is at odds with the unstated golden rules of this thread :-D :thumleft:
Point of order:

You can have golden rules.

You can have unstated rules.

You can't have both.

Ah the sainted Canvey Airport.
It had one overwhelming advantage. It's location. It would have been a modern design with the advantage that a lot of European hub flights would have been taken away from the traditional Heston flight path. The alternative issue is whether Heathrow should close to make way for a truly modern concept, rather than the carbuncle that is T5 or split the flight load. Originally City made sense because together with Battersea Heliport it could shift a lot of the European flights away from LAP and East London isn't served by the current system very well, so what they do-build Cross rail which if IRC terminates at Abbey wood:-?. Javelin has forsaken East London and now crosses on the Eurostar lines-through Stratford and that was built at the behest of Eurostar:-? but is never used. So transatlantic could have used West coast and Europe would have be catered on the East-with a reduction of London Flyover. Sensible given it's size and Populations.

On 12 May 92, BAA held a press conference to announce that planning for Terminal 5 would start.
At the same press conference, Sir John Egan announced BAA had been selected as lead for planning of a new Hong Kong airport: the latter very similar in location, and with similar infrastructure problems, to a Thames Estuary solution for London.
Chek Lap Kok opened in 1998: Terminal 5 opened in 2008.

That is entirely at odds with what I have heard from those who worked for him when he was proposing (as but a single f'rinstance) the building of an airport in the river Thames.
Actually a very good idea but, was it built ? Maybe he did listen ?

As for people that worked for him, people get pissed off by many thing but, that doesn't mean they're truthful.

Take young Rory Stewart, whilst working under Boris at the FCO, he professed that the sun shone out of Boris's arse, when putting himself forward for PM, he proclaimed Boris was an idiotic embarrassment, whom he would never work under again,strange that ? Even stranger were the number of people who judged Rory Stewart a total tosser at his job ?

I never take anyones opinion of someone, preferring to make my own judgement. :mrgreen:

I note that, Boris will get a lay in tomorrow.

The BBC have stated that, Boris can't make an appearance on the Marr Show unless, he agrees to shine Andrew Neill's reputation by having 'the interview' !

Win,Win for Boris, lay in on a Sunday and, no stupid interruptions from Marr, whilst trying to answer his questions !

I know Andrew Neill can't speak Latin but, how about French ?

Self Aggrandisment springs to mind ? :rolleyes:

The BBC have stated that, Boris can't make an appearance on the Marr Show unless, he agrees to shine Andrew Neill's reputation by having 'the interview' !

Win,Win for Boris, lay in on a Sunday and, no stupid interruptions from Marr, whilst trying to answer his questions !
Oh Dear, no lay in. The BBC has stated that, as the public service/information channel and, given the terrorist outrage on London Bridge, Mr Johnson WILL now be appearing on the Marr show this Sunday !

Bloody Muslims cock it up for everybody ! :rolleyes:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh Dear, no lay in. The BBC has stated that, as the public service/information channel and, given the terrorist outrage on London Bridge, Mr Johnson WILL now be appearing on the Marr show this Sunday !

So he called their bluff then it seems.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Suspect someone at the BBC made a decision which has now been overruled from a higher level.

Actually a very good idea but, was it built ? Maybe he did listen ?

As for people that worked for him, people get pissed off by many thing but, that doesn't mean they're truthful.

Take young Rory Stewart, whilst working under Boris at the FCO, he professed that the sun shone out of Boris's arse, when putting himself forward for PM, he proclaimed Boris was an idiotic embarrassment, whom he would never work under again,strange that ? Even stranger were the number of people who judged Rory Stewart a total tosser at his job ?

I never take anyones opinion of someone, preferring to make my own judgement. :mrgreen:
That however works both ways. Plenty of people maligned Johnson during the leadership campaign but now tell us how great he is after being given jobs and needing to be re elected.
Most politicians will say and do whatever they need to at that very moment to progress.

That however works both ways. Plenty of people maligned Johnson during the leadership campaign but now tell us how great he is after being given jobs and needing to be re elected.
Most politicians will say and do whatever they need to at that very moment to progress.
Which means, make your own assessment and, ignore what is prattled about the internet/MSM.

Which was my point.

I once worked for a certain Dir.SF and, thought he was the dogs ! Someone else I know worked for him and, lasted about 3 months, couldn't stand the guy.

If only he had a fit missus to spend Sunday morning listening to BBC radio 4s John Peel

Latest Threads