Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Nonsense. The report went to Downing St a fortnight before Johnson went for an early election. Proper tinfoil country, there.
Yeah, and you are wearing it.

Approval for its publication has yet to be given - and is not due to be until after polling day.

But foreign office minister Mr Pincher said the turnaround time for the report was "not unusual" - and gave examples of reports that had taken six weeks to get Downing Street's approval.

The Sandhurst Mess waiter apparently knows better :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nonsense. The report went to Downing St a fortnight before Johnson went for an early election. Proper tinfoil country, there.
Which in the normal speed of parliamentary work is a bit late to be published prior to an election. Anyhoo, how do you know when the report was submitted? And lastly, so what if the government decided that they did not want this report floating around doing more damage to the UK than anything the Russians could do?

More than likely turn out to be fairly innocuous at the end of the day or why would the Committee Chair leave events to the report without taking action? Obviously there was no damage being done to the UK at the time so the report itself is just a timeline of what has/may have happened.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Apologies, it’s behind a paywall but the gist is apparent. I consider The Sunday Times to be a reputable and generally right leaning paper.

Let’s hope this isn’t the reason for it being held back until after the election.
Ah, because PMBoJo appears to have Brexit in the bag and a possible majority at the impending GE, you aim off slightly and infer the government and PM are corrupt.

How very unusual for you :rolleyes:

Seven months.

The report was finalised in March, but only forwarded to the PM's office on October 17, right at the time that the EU leaders were responding to the new proposed WA. It was sat in the in-tray on Saturday 19 October, the first Saturday that Parliament had sat in many years. It was on the PMs to-do list, along with
1. Get Brexit done

I think that if whoever it was who had the final report for seven months could have held onto it for so long with no adverse comments from any member of that committee, then to expect a seven-day turnaround from a PM's office which is about as busy as it could ever be is a bit rich.

Ah, because PMBoJo appears to have Brexit in the bag and a possible majority at the impending GE, you aim off slightly and infer the government and PM are corrupt.

How very unusual for you :rolleyes:
I’m not inferring it. A large number of the newspapers are.
I will be voting Conservative and hope his May repackaged Brexit deal goes through.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sorry but your previous postings suggest otherwise. Please forgive me if I don't believe you.
I have never hidden my dislike and distrust of Johnson. I have however always voted Tory and will continue to do so, because he is a transient part who will eventually move on.

I was happy with May’s deal, and as Mogg and Johnson obviously were, because they voted for it. I am therefore happy with Johnson’s deal which is to nearly all intents and purposes the same.

Nothing really to argue with. Long time Tory, who doesn't trust Johnson but is willing to hold his nose and continue to vote Tory. That’s always been my position. Hope that clarifies.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have never hidden my dislike and distrust of Johnson. I have however always voted Tory and will continue to do so, because he is a transient part who will eventually move on.

I was happy with May’s deal, and as Mogg and Johnson obviously were, because they voted for it. I am therefore happy with Johnson’s deal which is to nearly all intents and purposes the same.

Nothing really to argue with. Long time Tory, who doesn't trust Johnson but is willing to hold his nose and continue to vote Tory. That’s always been my position. Hope that clarifies.
You will be saying next that Grieve, Gauke and Clarke are all good Conservatives! :rolleyes:

Latest Threads