Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I think Kafkaesque certainly applies to the UK PM at the moment.
I disagree.

Many years ago, i was driving ho.e late at night in my Dad's 2.8i Granada, and i hit a cat.

I stopped and got out.

The cat was injured, badly , in the head and died very quickly.

Before it died, it leapt around erratically, as if it was reacting to things that weren't there, screeching, then purring, then apparently rubbing itself against the leg of someone i couldn't see. It ran around in circles, rolled over, jumped up, then dropped dead.

Apart from the dropping dead bit, Boris reminds me, powerfully, of that cat.

I disagree.

Many years ago, i was driving ho.e late at night in my Dad's 2.8i Granada, and i hit a cat.

I stopped and got out.

The cat was injured, badly , in the head and died very quickly.

Before it died, it leapt around erratically, as if it was reacting to things that weren't there, screeching, then purring, then apparently rubbing itself against the leg of someone i couldn't see. It ran around in circles, rolled over, jumped up, then dropped dead.

Apart from the dropping dead bit, Boris reminds me, powerfully, of that cat.
I thought for a minute you were going to say he reminded you of the 2.8L Granda. Was is a GL or a Ghia?

That would have been a much better punchline that a boring dit about a cat fella

I thought for a minute you were going to say he reminded you of the 2.8L Granda. Was is a GL or a Ghia?

That would have been a much better punchline that a boring dit about a cat fella
2.8i

Ghia, i think, Dad's pride and joy.

It still mystifies me why he thought letting me drive it, on L plates, at 17, with my passed-his-test-last-week mate sat in the passenger seat was a good idea.

The dit was allegorical, about Boris being a clueless cock.

45x45

LE
You must have been born dog sh!t ugly and then took a few hefty beatings from the ugly stick as you grew up.

2 year tours were singlies paradise ( without going near a pads wife )

Alternatively, you never done a 2 year tour.
Not in Ballykelly it wasn’t. Best part as going home away from that shit hole. For the record I’m handsome as **** shit lips.

45x45

LE
Could not agree more and i was lucky; Int tours, 4 months, plus odd 2 3 4 week visits.

I never envied the feet or the 2/3 year Sigs guys i met.

Shitehole. But hey, £30 something a day and a medal....
Three medal and knackered knees, I’ve not idea why anyone gets nostalgic about NI. People in prison had a better life, apart from the obvious being a millionaire for two weeks on leave.

You must have been born dog sh!t ugly and then took a few hefty beatings from the ugly stick as you grew up.

2 year tours were singlies paradise ( without going near a pads wife )

Alternatively, you never done a 2 year tour.
Not in Ballykelly it wasn’t. Best part as going home away from that shit hole. For the record I’m handsome as **** shit lips.
Riiiiiiiiiiight

Nobody ever, ever got jiggy / engaged / married to a lass from Londonderry :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Portrush too far away for you ?

Weekend in Lisburn / Antrim too far away for you ?

Multiple beatings with the ugly stick I suspect.

Not sure if this has been covered. Apologies if it has.

Why do people think that the paper on alleged Russian interference in UK politics is being withheld until after the election?

Why do people think that the paper on alleged Russian interference in UK politics is being withheld until after the election?
Is it because the chair of the committee might have tried to abuse his power to produce a report which could itself interfere with the democratic process in the UK, at a time when such interference cannot be dealt with timeously due to Purdah?

Because it'll reveal that the whole process built on pillars of salt?

Is it because the chair of the committee might have tried to abuse his power to produce a report which could itself interfere with the democratic process in the UK, at a time when such interference cannot be dealt with timeously due to Purdah?
Is that your opinion or that of The Government, which they are choosing not to communicate?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Because the Chairman of the Committee held on to the report until it was too late to publish. How about that for a reason? Now there would not be any alternative motive for the Chairman of the Report to try and produce a damaging report just as a GE is announced would there?

I guess if you dip in to the Commons library or wherever they hold these things, that there is more than one Cttee report waiting for a new government to publish.

I also think that when the report is finally laid before parliament that it will say more about the Chairman of the Committee than it will about the events being reported.

Because the Chairman of the Committee held on to the report until it was too late to publish. How about that for a reason? Now there would not be any alternative motive for the Chairman of the Report to try and produce a damaging report just as a GE is announced would there?

I guess if you dip in to the Commons library or wherever they hold these things, that there is more than one Cttee report waiting for a new government to publish.

I also think that when the report is finally laid before parliament that it will say more about the Chairman of the Committee than it will about the events being reported.
Time will tell. Surely with the negative press and blatantly obvious motives that you suggest are behind it, it would be in the interest of The Govt to get it out there and put it to bed.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

Nonsense. The report went to Downing St a fortnight before Johnson went for an early election. Proper tinfoil country, there.

Apologies, it’s behind a paywall but the gist is apparent. I consider The Sunday Times to be a reputable and generally right leaning paper.

Let’s hope this isn’t the reason for it being held back until after the election.

Latest Threads