Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters

Club Swinger

War Hero
Ex PMTM paid £1Bn to the fecking DUP to support her government.

Now, that £1Bn is going to cost Boris Johnson his job if the DUP don't support this 'supposed' new Brexit deal.

As a tax payer this is not what I expect for my share of the £1Bn....

FFS

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ex PMTM paid £1Bn to the fecking DUP to support her government.

Now, that £1Bn is going to cost Boris Johnson his job if the DUP don't support this 'supposed' new Brexit deal.

As a tax payer this is not what I expect for my share of the £1Bn....

FFS
I am sure that Brexit was excluded from the DUP confidence and supply agreement.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Regardless of the Doomsters on here, PMBJ still seems to be doing quite well:

Not out of the woods yet, but considering how many times it's been predicted that he'd never get elected/get the EU to negotiate/get a deal etc, he's still trundling along...

The bile and crushing fury of the Boris haters will be something to savour if he manages to get this deal over the line in the Commons.

Fingers crossed eh?

This must be raising a smile in No 10 this morning, a vote share o fover 50% in a formerly safe Labour ward

I’m happy to say that I hope this deal goes through. I have been pleasantly surprised with him getting this deal to this stage. He looked statesman like yesterday and I hope it continues.

60 pages of difference from the 600 page deal brought to Parliament by May. Let’s hope it’s enough.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m happy to say that I hope this deal goes through. I have been pleasantly surprised with him getting this deal to this stage. He looked statesman like yesterday and I hope it continues.

60 pages of difference from the 600 page deal brought to Parliament by May. Let’s hope it’s enough.
Blimey.

Damascene conversions are rare on Arrse.... ;)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Welcome to the Light!

Blimey.

Damascene conversions are rare on Arrse.... ;)
Generally I have been willing to accept when I am wrong and give credit where it’s due. I don’t suppose that I will ever be overly enamoured with him but that shouldn’t stop me pointing out his good work.

Regardless of the Doomsters on here, PMBJ still seems to be doing quite well:

Not out of the woods yet, but considering how many times it's been predicted that he'd never get elected/get the EU to negotiate/get a deal etc, he's still trundling along...

The bile and crushing fury of the Boris haters will be something to savour if he manages to get this deal over the line in the Commons.

Fingers crossed eh?
Careful or you'll incur the wrath of an ex plod who is very anti BoJo.

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
Well Boris appears to have done exactly what the Benn bill wanted, he has written to Brussels requesting a delay. Trouble is, he didn't sign it.... What he did sign was a letter that went with it explaining he thought a delay would be a mistake.

So this will probably go straight to the headmaster supreme court with a complaint that "Boris didn't do what we wanted..." although the question is whether the Benn bill actually told him to sign the letter they thoughtfully wrote for him...

Nice one BJ, like it...!

PM sends unsigned request seeking Brexit delay

Well Boris appears to have done exactly what the Benn bill wanted, he has written to Brussels requesting a delay. Trouble is, he didn't sign it.... What he did sign was a letter that went with it explaining he thought a delay would be a mistake.

So this will probably go straight to the headmaster supreme court with a complaint that "Boris didn't do what we wanted..." although the question is whether the Benn bill actually told him to sign the letter they thoughtfully wrote for him...

Nice one BJ, like it...!

PM sends unsigned request seeking Brexit delay
Realistically, what difference does it make whether he signs it or not?

Does it invalidate the request?

Realistically, what difference does it make whether he signs it or not?

Does it invalidate the request?
Probably not in all reality, but it could just be another political game in that he kept his promise because it was a letter sent on his behalf which is why he didn't sign it, not therefore official. Apparantly the second letter/note that accompanied it was signed so there is a message there in itself.

Latest Threads