Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
3 six month tours and a 2 year tour and I can honestly say I never saw a single nurse in the NAAFI. It also always pissed down. Looking back it was dog shit and a complete waste of the best years of my life. No rose tinted glasses for this C/S

Could not agree more and i was lucky; Int tours, 4 months, plus odd 2 3 4 week visits.

I never envied the feet or the 2/3 year Sigs guys i met.

Shitehole. But hey, £30 something a day and a medal....

Reminds me of the when the CO used to get the Bn on parade and say “next 2 year posting is Northen Ireland .. again” pads wives overjoyed, single blokes realising only fanny they will get for 2 years is pads wives while hubbys Coy is away on ops. Utter dog shit ..
You must have been born dog sh!t ugly and then took a few hefty beatings from the ugly stick as you grew up.

2 year tours were singlies paradise ( without going near a pads wife )

Alternatively, you never done a 2 year tour.

I used the term 'EU Law' not 'EU Laws' - EU law is a Civil Law system whereas UK Law is a 'common law system' which, like pre-1972 parliament was relatively sovereign. A measure of legal and parliamentary sovereignty was surrendered with our accession to the EC in 72. Anyway, you can, if you so wish, read or listen to what Bogdaner has to say on the matter and make your own mind up. Vernon Bogdanor: MPs haven’t been doing their jobs – this isn’t a constitutional crisis, but a parliamentary one ETA: I think we may be more in agreement that the prorogation has little to do with the SC. But my hunch is that if the Goverment wins there will be an attempt (which will be unsuccessful) by the Limp Dems et al to take the issue to the ECJ.
You do make a good point there. In fact this is one of the driving factors that people don’t like the EU, although as most come from no legal backgrounds they can’t articulate it.

there have been historical differences between the way legal system operate on the continent versus how they operate in the U.K.

ISTR a lawyer once explaining in a documentary. Europeans like to have laws saying what you can do.

the U.K. tends to have laws saying what you can’t do.

You do make a good point there. In fact this is one of the driving factors that people don’t like the EU, although as most come from no legal backgrounds they can’t articulate it.

there have been historical differences between the way legal system operate on the continent versus how they operate in the U.K.

ISTR a lawyer once explaining in a documentary. Europeans like to have laws saying what you can do.

I think someone on here, apologies as I can't remember who, that in the UK something is legal unless there is a law making it illegal whereas under either French or continental law something is illegal unless there is a law that specifically allows it.

I think someone on here, apologies as I can't remember who, that in the UK something is legal unless there is a law making it illegal whereas under either French or continental law something is illegal unless there is a law that specifically allows it.
That’s the one.

there’s documentary knocking around on YouTube from a few years back.

ironicalky though, european history has been full of this pap. Bonaparte wanted a united Europe . We chose not to.

that resorted in the continual system whereby Bonaparte tried to shut out UK merchants from Europe. There were many in Britain at the time who thought we’d collapse.

we prospered.

That’s the one.

there’s documentary knocking around on YouTube from a few years back.

ironicalky though, european history has been full of this pap. Bonaparte wanted a united Europe . We chose not to.

that resorted in the continual system whereby Bonaparte tried to shut out UK merchants from Europe. There were many in Britain at the time who thought we’d collapse.

we prospered.

And if I remember my West Country history, ‘entrepreneurs’ on both sides of the Channel still prospered - despite the efforts of the authorities.
There’s even a song about it.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
And if I remember my West Country history, ‘entrepreneurs’ on both sides of the Channel still prospered - despite the efforts of the authorities.
There’s even a song about it.
Je T'aime?

You are absolutely correct. Within the context of political philosophy, the two prominant theories of 'freedom', the 'positive' theory and the 'negative' theory have dominated. The europeans favour the positive theory in which at its basic level, requires a legal sysrem which defines freedoms that allow subjects to take specific actions. In the UK on the other hand, our legal system was built on the 'negative' position which ensures 'freedom' from restriction with the proviso that actions can be taken without prior approval providing they do not impimge on others rights or break existing law. An extreme example of a 'positive' theory in action is KSA where prior approval is required for just about anything. Europe does not reach such extremes, but they are still moving in that drection and it is not a mere academic argument.

Last edited:
Outstanding.

Remain really are scraping the barrel now. What's next - the Grauniad exposes the contents of Boris's bins? The Beeb re-assigning its badgerwatch cameras to the sewers beneath No 10 to spot a prime ministerial richard floating past?
You're not concerned that Johnson may well have given public money to some woman who he was almost certainly shagging?

Mildly interesting.

/

It's like they've given up pretending to be even-handed any more. Just broadcast/publish anything that floats past and mould it into an anti-Boris/No Deal/Brexit "breaking news" item.
Well, the amount of good news coming out of No. 10 is hardly of tsunami proportions, is it?

You're not concerned that Johnson may well have given public money to some woman who he was almost certainly shagging?

Mildly interesting.
Only if it was for the shag itself

It will be very boring interview. He only went to her flat for tech lessons and everything was done in accordance with the rules. Johnson told us that already.

Why would anyone pay $225 k to have that restated?
"Well he would day that, wouldn't he?"

Mildly interesting.
If he got a jump out of my tax money, good for him. It's certainly a better way of spending public money than on Disabled Muslim Outreach Workers.

Latest Threads