Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See? That wasn't so hard was it?

If they had asked the Speaker (a Labour MP) to chair the committee, and it had found the PM guilty of lying to Parliament, then I'd expect the PM to resign. Given that the 'accused' is the PM, the only MP with authority to deal with him is the Speaker, and Lindsay Hoyle is a man of integrity and fairness, he should been leading it.

As it is, the committee is loaded with remainiacs and Boris-haters: it has no credibility within Westminster, let alone outside the political bubble.

If Harperson goes around the TV studios demanding the PM resign, Boris can simply say "she would say that, wouldn't she?" and ignore it. She has no credibility anywhere.

Which of the majority 4 Conservative committee members are you suggesting are Remainers?

Costa appears to be the only one who was anti Brexit pre 2016.

How does that affect WFH?

If getting paid by the tax payer at the time, then probably still gross misconduct.

Allegedly Bozo and Carrie Antoinette were in his office in Parliament.

Why ?

He didn't see the rise in inflation coming and deliberately held back on interest rate rises to try and combat it - Despite economists saying it for months before it actually started rising.

How do you know he didn’t see it coming?

Bozo definitely didn’t, he poo pooed the idea that inflation was going to be an issue when interviewed.

Raising interest rates with people in debt up to the hilt also has its own issues.

Yep, it aged about as well as the same prediction made by various military experts supporting various UK governments over the last 30 years.

But why let the mistakes made by military experts, within the UK’s armed forces, with centuries of experience of military matters between them, over the last few decades, get in the way of a good grrr?

As far as you are concerned, Boris has failed because he didn’t know more than the experts and for not ignoring the professional advice of the UK’s armed forces.

Sheesh. Mate, seriously, get some help.

It would appear from his appearance in front of Ellwood at the defence select committee that he was being warned.

The Buck stops with Bozo. He always seems to have an advisor to blame.

I’m more inclined with all due respect to listen to The Governor of The Bank of England, being a layman myself.
Which is exactly the wrong thing to do.. They're are paid to sell one idea and that's everything is fine and nothing to worry about and when the proverbial hits the fan, he flicks the switch on money printing. The Bank like all central banks have failed to tell anyone, its been running continuously since 2008 and we've mortgaged our futures for 14 years of stability.

I think you might want to speak to Chief Super Gareth Blair on that one.

Was he on duty?

I see he was fined and dealt with, no exceptions for police.

It would appear from his appearance in front of Ellwood at the defence select committee that he was being warned.

The Buck stops with Bozo. He always seems to have an advisor to blame.
Right. So you’re saying Boris should ignore the Army’s experts?

Wow. Have you ever heard the word “wackadoodle”?

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
No one is realistically expecting defence spending to rise by 9.6%. That manifesto pledge was made prior to this economic downturn.

However our downturn does appear to be worse than comparable countries.

This government ceased to be a party of strong defence a long time ago. Bozo told us that European tank battles were a thing of the past remember. That aged well.
Well, for once I agree with more than half of one of your posts.

Nobody but BB - sorry - Timmy realistically expects defence spending to rise by 9.6%, which isn't exactly a shock.

Our "downturn" is pretty bloody awful.

The Tory Party hasn't been a "party of strong defence" for a long while, but sadly neither has anyone else with even a vaguely realistic hope of forming a government. The acknowledgement of the existential threat provided by the Cold War appears to be making a comeback however, and from the noises he's making I think it's fair to say that the Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson MP is likely to be as strong on defence as he can afford to be in the future, probably stronger than a Labour PM would be.

As for tank battles being a thing of the past, oops. An error, and one also believed (or at least promoted) by the then CGS.

Right. So you’re saying Boris should ignore the Army’s experts?

Wow. Have you ever heard the word “wackadoodle”?

He regularly ignores military experts, who I hear telling him that defence is hollowed out.

Well, for once I agree with more than half of one of your posts.

Nobody but BB - sorry - Timmy realistically expects defence spending to rise by 9.6%, which isn't exactly a shock.

Our "downturn" is pretty bloody awful.

The Tory Party hasn't been a "party of strong defence" for a long while, but sadly neither has anyone else with even a vaguely realistic hope of forming a government. The acknowledgement of the existential threat provided by the Cold War appears to be making a comeback however, and from the noises he's making I think it's fair to say that the Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson MP is likely to be as strong on defence as he can afford to be in the future, probably stronger than a Labour PM would be.

As for tank battles being a thing of the past, oops. An error, and one also believed (or at least promoted) by the then CGS.

The smallest army since The Napoleonic wars. That’s Bozo’s legacy unfortunately.

Sorry for off topic.
I actually served with a fellow sapper who's nickname was " Tim nice but dim " not saying it's the same person on here, but his father was a fairly high ranking RE officer also, my finest memory of him was on an exercise in basic. We got bumped, amidst all the flash bangs and incoming, Tim's head popped up, and in his finest Eton accent said " Hey boys, do we need our helmets on for this" absolute comedy gold.

@tim-nicebut-dim is it you ?
Fraid not. :)

Daz

LE
Wasn't my promise, suggest you ask your local / nearest Tory MP ? was in their manifesto.
A manifesto is not a promise to do anything and has zero legal standing

Wasn't my promise, suggest you ask your local / nearest Tory MP ? was in their manifesto.

Bad form to answer one's own post.

Technically even a 9.6% increase isn't a rise in real terms - cos inflation innit. And you can safely assume that the cost of military kit will increase by inflation and then some.

So - yes - unless defence funding matches inflation - it's actually a CUT. How does that sit with Boris pretending to be Churchill #2 ?

He regularly ignores military experts, who I hear telling him that defence is hollowed out.
Right. So you’re criticising him for supporting the Army’s experts whilst simultaneously criticising him for not support ex-military guys who may once had had a bit of expertise but at a lower level.

Blimey. Next you’ll be saying Lewis Page’s ideas for the fleet are the way to go.

Should Boris have backed the Army’s official point of view? Or should he have waste d time, effort and money on a process that duplicates and undermines the Army’s experts and chain of command?

If I was you, I’d just stay quiet now as not only are you complaining about Boris not listening to experts, but not listening to Army Experts. On an Army forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads