Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do like to Wibble, wibble wibble. We were talking about the Tory PROMISE to raise defence spending by 0.5% above inflation. Your pathetic attempt to derail the thread by quoting USA etc inflation levels is just smokescreen.

So lets use your figure of 9.1% UK inflation. So what happened to the 9.6% rise in defence spending?

Or was that promise the same as all Boris 'promises' ? and did he respect you in the morning ?

If Defence goes up by 9.6% this year, what services would you cut to fund the rise?

Money where your keyboard is time.

If Defence goes up by 9.6% this year, what services would you cut to fund the rise?

Money where your keyboard is time.

Probably HS2 and reclaiming any fraudulently claimed Covid money, any suppliers who supplied faulty or inappropriate PPE, could refund what they received.

Probably HS2 and reclaiming any fraudulently claimed Covid money, any suppliers who supplied faulty or inappropriate PPE, could refund what they received.
You won't save much if you cancel HS2. All the main contracts have been signed. By all means cancel the requirement but you still have to pay the contractors. Unless you want to drive a coach and horses through English contract law.

You won't save much if you cancel HS2. All the main contracts have been signed. By all means cancel the requirement but you still have to pay the contractors. Unless you want to drive a coach and horses through English contract law.

Agreed. Sadly it’s going to be of limited value for an exorbitant cost.

When the line to Plymouth gets washed out most years, the money could have been better used around the country.

Doesn’t look like we have much spare money for defence or much else.

Yet figures out today

* Q1 GDP grew 0.8% - I'm not a fan of GDP as measure of anything but the experts are.

* Annual house price rises are still in double digits

* UK car production is up 13% - The first rise in 11 months

* We have just given Ukraine another £1 Billion in support aid.

Money, even spare money is not the issue in the UK - What the money is used for is the main issue.

Sorry for off topic.
I actually served with a fellow sapper who's nickname was " Tim nice but dim " not saying it's the same person on here, but his father was a fairly high ranking RE officer also, my finest memory of him was on an exercise in basic. We got bumped, amidst all the flash bangs and incoming, Tim's head popped up, and in his finest Eton accent said " Hey boys, do we need our helmets on for this" absolute comedy gold.

@tim-nicebut-dim is it you ?

Well it's going to be interesting to see the arguments around the story that Private Eye has reported, about Carrie and Boris in his office.

As I said yesterday, a get out of jail free card for every public sector worker, caught having sex at work or in work time.

If it’s true obviously.

Yet figures out today

* Q1 GDP grew 0.8% - I'm not a fan of GDP as measure of anything but the experts are.

Money, even spare money is not the issue in the UK - What the money is used for is the main issue.
1. GDP can be of the genuine kind, or the manufactured kind and a government printing money and then doling it out is often of the manufactured kind.

2. House prices are high. Because we have enough people crammed onto the island its a wonder we don't sink and plenty of money sloshing around in the top 2% to keep the market active at all levels.
3. Car Production is returning to pre-covid levels and still shaking itself down.
4. Ukraine is getting container loads of money and I would assume none of it is as yet earned from taxation and so we will be paying that off over the next quarter of a century.

The United Kingdom economy has been running hot and the smell of burning rubber and smoke billowing can't be easily dismissed. True, its got very little to do with Boris, but the population aren't going to admit to its own faults and the opposition parties are now insulated by 13 years of Conservative Government.

Yet figures out today

I’m more inclined with all due respect to listen to The Governor of The Bank of England, being a layman myself.

Well it's going to be interesting to see the arguments around the story that Private Eye has reported, about Carrie and Boris in his office.
Any chance of a link or précis for those of us that have given up wasting mony on PE?

I’m more inclined with all due respect to listen to The Governor of The Bank of England, being a layman myself.

Why ?

He didn't see the rise in inflation coming and deliberately held back on interest rate rises to try and combat it - Despite economists saying it for months before it actually started rising.

I've been to several meetings over the past few months and one thing always come up.
It's that at no point did the UK govt say 'OK, covid is pretty much over, get back to how you used to work as quickly as you feel you can'. In all the meetings, we were talking about companies (some of them we had the meetings with) still trying to work as if there would be another lockdown in the imminent future. No one from the govt ever said 'Go!' and many companies in my field have been sluggish getting back to 'normal' operations.
This was a big mistake by the govt I feel and simply assuming that the private sector just started back up late last year is a poor way to manage an economy, especially when I was talking to people in April/May who still hadn't got back to normal jogging because no one told them it was ok to do so.

Bozo told us that European tank battles were a thing of the past remember. That aged well.
Yep, it aged about as well as the same prediction made by various military experts supporting various UK governments over the last 30 years.

But why let the mistakes made by military experts, within the UK’s armed forces, with centuries of experience of military matters between them, over the last few decades, get in the way of a good grrr?

As far as you are concerned, Boris has failed because he didn’t know more than the experts and for not ignoring the professional advice of the UK’s armed forces.

Sheesh. Mate, seriously, get some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads