Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

anglo

LE
Good to see that Bozo is in touch with the little people in the country.

Planning a £150k bullet proof tree house at Chequers for his toddler child, funded by Lord Brownlow who has received £120 million in government contracts.

Two sources said that there were discussions about having Lord Brownlow, a Tory donor, fund the project and plans for the treehouse were drawn up.
No names, hearsay then

There were discussions
about having Lord Brownlow, a Tory donor ranked the 521st richest person in the UK last year, fund the project, with plans for the treehouse drawn up for the country retreat, it has been reported.
Who were party to these discussions, hearsay again, most of this story is bullshit
I know you dislike Boris, but.......

NO! you don't get to chose the type of PR , you may like the fluffy , workable examples , but as you've been shown , you get Germany under Merkle held to ransom by the greens , or Scotland , with a totally inept/ corrupt government , held to ransom by the greens
Except there are various types of PR systems in use all around the world.

I like examples that show that things aren't exactly the same in every scenario be they good or bad. If it's not working in Germany and Scotland, but is working in others, then there are valid questions as to why, what makes those countries different to others where it does appear to work quite well etc...

I often wonder what I would do if I ever won the Euromillions.

After giving family and friends enough money to set them up for life, and buying a lifeboat for the RNLI and funding various other charities, I’d still have more money than I could use in my lifetime.

So I probably would starting buying expensive stuff for friends, acquaintances and random people in need that I’d read about.

Whilst a £150k treehouse sounds ridiculous to us, it’s less than a month’s interest if you have £100m in the bank. Would you spend a month’s interest on a present for a friend’s child? I would. Even more so if I had squillions in the bank.

Different people, different behaviours, not necessarily noxious.
So some people in the world are better off than other people?
Whenever did that happen?
Well I never.
But grrrr anyway.

Nice to see he has at least lowered his sights. It could so easily have been another 'garden bridge'.
He's branching out! After exhausting the alliteration of boris bikes, boris bridges and boris buses, and thankfully before boris beauty parlours and bosis banks.
Borisbrownbagbungs is still a going concern, i believe ;)

So if your friends buy your kids a present, you’re “expecting someone else to pay for it” and are now beholden to them?

People, no matter how rich they are, aren’t really that dissimilar. With that assumption, how would you behave?

As The PM, I wouldn’t except a gift of that proportion when my government is dishing out £millions in contracts to that person.

The optics are horrendous. And no other public sector would be allowed to do it.

The kid could have a JCB toy. Maybe even a quite large one.

As The PM, I wouldn’t except a gift of that proportion when my government is dishing out £millions in contracts to that person.

The optics are horrendous. And no other public sector would be allowed to do it.

It was to be built at Chequers therefore it would be a gift to the nation, as Boris couldn't take it with him, surely.?

I have tried to move on since leave won the referendum, but there are elements of the leave voting population that seems to blame anything they dislike to do with Brexit on the Remain campaign for some reason.

They need to keep Brexit in the forefront. They need to keep a section of society hating The EU, they need the division to keep people voting for them.

But the unions aren't allowed to contribute to e.g. Labour, apparently, despite NOT getting lordships or contracts from it.

So some people in the world are better off than other people?
Whenever did that happen?
Well I never.
But grrrr anyway.

Nearly every public sector worker that I know, isn’t allowed to accept gifts or payment for goods from rich people, especially when they are issuing £millions in contracts or can be accused of being compromised by those gifts. It’s 101 for anti corruption and public confidence.

Just not for Bozo The PM of the country.

Nearly every public sector worker that I know, isn’t allowed to accept gifts or payment for goods from rich people, especially when they are issuing £millions in contracts or can be accused of being compromised by those gifts. It’s 101 for anti corruption and public confidence.

Just not for Bozo The PM of the country.

Be fair, that applies to all MPs in the HoP, peers in the Lords, and the CDS & his red tabbed (procurement) underlings - they're all as straight as a bent corkscrew.

It was to be built at Chequers therefore it would be a gift to the nation, as Boris couldn't take it with him, surely.?

Just like the refurbishment of No10. A two year old doesn’t need a £150k plaything, when % pay rises were being imposed on public sector workers.

It smacks of disdain for little people.

But the unions aren't allowed to contribute to e.g. Labour, apparently, despite NOT getting lordships or contracts from it.

I think that they are free to contribute. But again any contribution to a party comes with obligations, whether it’s from JCB, a Russian close to Putin or The Unions.

Be fair, that applies to all MPs in the HoP, peers in the Lords, and the CDS & his red tabbed (procurement) underlings - they're all as straight as a bent corkscrew.

You can obviously evidence that.

Interesting. And funny.

I have suggested that there is a non-corrupt explanation and you are disagreeing. That means, in a publicly visible thread, you are disagreeing that there are reasons other than corruption to explain the allegation that Lord Brownlow may have considered funding a treehouse?

For the record, can you categorically state that you were wrong to suggest that Lord Brownlow has bribed or has considered bribing the PM? I’d hate for Arrse to get into trouble for you using Arrse to libel a Lord. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.