Boris - The Prime Minister

First thoughts on PMBoris, will he make a difference?

• Total voters
I don't know about an election pact - I do know that Labour fielded a candidate, who done amazingly well :) :)

• Liz Pole (Lab) 1,562 (3.67%, -15.88%)

*Who did amazingly well*. Buck up Two Six.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
If Starmer & Raynor get FPN's and fall on their swords as they said they would - I would call a GE the minute they resign.
Or fail to resign.

Or fail to resign.

I get your point - But I don't think there would be any advantage to that as I don't think the public would really give a toss if they didn't resign.

Far more advantage in calling a GE when Labour is in turmoil when the Leader and Deputy Leader have just resigned.

Yeh, he only won an 80 seat majority.

And history shows us that by-elections are no indicator of a GE result.

Caversham and Amersham.
North Shropshire.
Wakefield.
Honiton and Tiverton.

It’s becoming a sad habit.

Boris Johnson says he will ‘keep going’ after double byelection loss and Oliver Dowden resignation​

Oh goodie - the greased piglet is in a race to the bottom, against himself.

It's not so much that both seats were lost, but the SCALE of the swing against the Tories.

Wakefield: Labour won by a 13% swing
Tiverton: Lib-Dem won by 30% swing.

Keep going Boris !

Can I quote your bum chum ?

Go take your face for an interface with a cludgie - You tosser.

You, sometime ago, decided to talk about growing dope, plant an RMP.

You appear to be The Two Six dope.

Hahshahahaha.

You sound impotently rage-full.

Boris Johnson says he will ‘keep going’ after double byelection loss and Oliver Dowden resignation​

Oh goodie - the greased piglet is in a race to the bottom, against himself.

It's not so much that both seats were lost, but the SCALE of the swing against the Tories.

Wakefield: Labour won by a 13% swing
Tiverton: Lib-Dem won by 30% swing.

Keep going Boris !

A horrendous result in Devon. Unmatched and all down to Bozo. A sad day for The Conservatives.

I believe that he will soon take the big gamble and call a GE - he might be wishy washy on everything else but he does regularly make the extremely big calls and win against the odds (as they are portrayed by the MSM).

To win, he will basically have to run on another Brexit referendum and Keir Starmers desire to collude with the SNP and Limp Dems to break up the country and to re-join the EU - those are FAR bigger issues and dangers than partygate and it would force his traitorous Tory MPs to come out to face the public - basically, put up or shut up, with the Tory MPs doing so in the full knowledge that if the cave in (again) on Brexit then their party is finished!

It would also force Farage and Tice etc to throw their weight behind BoJo against the threat of Starmer and his cohort of SNP/Limp Dem/Blair/EU and MSM leftists

GE 2023, here we come!
With stagflation and a world floating on funny money, that would be electoral suicide !

You referenced the referendum and that proved, a massive disconnect exists between the ruling class that is increasingly progressive and leaning to the left and the majority of people who are varying shades of conservative.. The problem is the Conservative party isn't all that conservative and Boris isn't the man to bring all those shades together.

Who replaces him ? my view remains the same and the Conservative Party membership and its new northern voters are all going through an evolution and need a hard edge as leader. Who is willing to stand up and argue the toss with journos and create friction and the candidates are reduced to one obvious and desperate punt and Dorries would be my pick.

With stagflation and a world floating on funny money, that would be electoral suicide !

You referenced the referendum and that proved a massive disconnect exists between the ruling class that is increasingly progressive and leaning to the left and the majority of people who are varying shades of conservative.. The problem is the Conservative party isn't all that conservative and Boris isn't the man to bring all those shades together.

Who replaces him ? my view remains the same and the Conservative Party membership and its new northern voters are all going through an evolution and need a hard edge as leader. Who is willing to stand up and argue the toss with journos and create friction and the candidates are reduced to one obvious and desperate punt and Dorries would be my pick.

Go away.

Just remember that Bozo’s electoral wins were against Ken Livingstone and Jeremy Corbyn.

Let’s see what he is like against a semi competent opposition.

The threat being a Lib/Lab Pact.

The resignation of Starmer could be catastrophic for Bozo.

I wonder if Carrie Antoinette will be offered Oliver Dowden’s job by Bozo?

Operation 'Save Fat Dog' will be pulling out all the stops, needing to keep Boris away from Parliamant AND give the tory media something to crow about. Cant have them talking about byelection fails.

I'm punting for: Boris visits an armament factory, hi-viz vest, NO crowd to heckle him 'cos its an ammo risk?

Ideally he will hold up a (dummy) arty shell - but he might only manage a very small one.

I wonder what the No Confidence vote result would be today?

Or fail to resign.
you can guarantee that when Starmer attempted to influence the Police investigation by saying he would resign if found guilty, he had a cunning plan to weasel out of it later on some technicality or will just blatantly not resign on the basis of 'its best for the country if I remain leader at this crucial time' - Rayner and the other Labour MP who was at the pi$$ up will just magically be ignored by the MSM lest they get accused of sexism, misogyny, ginger-ism etc

Daz

LE
Just remember that Bozo’s electoral wins were against Ken Livingstone and Jeremy Corbyn.

Let’s see what he is like against a semi competent opposition.

The threat being a Lib/Lab Pact.

The resignation of Starmer could be catastrophic for Bozo.
Interesting that you think that either party can't win on their own merits and their only option is to collude with each other to the detriment of democracy

Interesting that you think that either party can't win on their own merits and their only option is to collude with each other to the detriment of democracy

Forming political alliances to stay in or gain power isn’t new.

Con/Lib alliance, £1billion from the magic money tree to The DUP.

Farage standing down candidates at The 2019 election.

Voters aren’t bound by party edicts, they vote tactically when they want an outcome.

Latest Threads